First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Fredbird

Belleville, IL

#1 Dec 10, 2010
Does anyone know what happened in the Dave Manley case?Just curious if he got ant jail time talked to him the other day and he didnt seem too worried
Terry

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Dec 13, 2010
Sure he shouldn't have done it but, it was consensual sex. She was old enough to say yes or no, right?
Classmate

Belleville, IL

#3 Dec 27, 2010
Where is Dave these days?
Classmate

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Dec 28, 2010
He did get jail time and they didn't have sex. She accused him of it. He plead to a lesser charge by the advice of his lawyer.
Chester

Edwardsville, IL

#5 Dec 30, 2010
He got 6 1/2 years in state prison. Not quite long enough
Truth in advertising

Belleville, IL

#6 Dec 31, 2010
People plead guilty all the time to things they didn't do. Yea Right.
Shocked

United States

#7 Dec 31, 2010
Classmate wrote:
He did get jail time and they didn't have sex. She accused him of it. He plead to a lesser charge by the advice of his lawyer.
Were you there with them? I'm guessing not. So I don't think you should mislead people by saying they didn't.
Shocked

United States

#8 Dec 31, 2010
Terry wrote:
Sure he shouldn't have done it but, it was consensual sex. She was old enough to say yes or no, right?
I also heard that it was consensual. I'm not %100 positive but I think she is 14 or 15. In my opinion that isn't old enough to say yes or no.
Whatever

Sun Prairie, WI

#9 Jan 1, 2011
He's where he belongs! He took advantage of a young girl and he should pay for that. Now he's got plenty of time to think about what he's done.

Classmate--what if it were your child? How would you feel about him? If he didn't do it he should never have admitted to it. I know I wouldn't admit to something that could be so life changing.
old friend

United States

#10 Jan 2, 2011
A 15 year old girl with a crush on a 30 something year old man is something that is acceptable and very common. When a 30 something year old man lets a 15 year old girl with a crush perform oral or intercourse is not acceptable. I do not think that Dave is a pedophile but he is an adult and he has to accept accountability for his decisions that he makes in his life. A 15 year old girl is allowed to make mistakes and hopefully learn from them but when you become an adult and have "freedom" to make decisions, have credit, ability to work for a living and no longer have a curfew the choices we make as adults can take those freedoms away.

Dave is paying for his decisions. He no longer has "freedom" and I am sure that he is very hurt and wishes he could go back and undo whatever was done but he can't. So when people are wanting to have an opinion as to did he do it, is she lying, she is lying, he is a pedophile or she did this to herself, think about a confused insecure 15 year old girl is still the victim no matter if Dave is guilty or innocent. She is hurting over this too. She is just becoming who she is going to be as an adult. This is going to affect that outcome enough don't make it any worse!

Dave is a father himself so I am sure as he is sitting in prison at some point he will think of his daughter as a 15 year old girl and only then will he realize the true existent of his crime... whatever that may be!
Someone who knows both

Collinsville, IL

#11 Jan 3, 2011
What mom would allow her daughter to spend the night at a 30 something year old single man's house? Granted he never should have offered it, but why would a mom say it was okay. She would drop her off there. I am not saying he is innocent. He did deserve to be punished, but I don't think he deserved the extent that he got. His lawyer and the state's attny also told him that if he plead to a lesser charge he wouldn't get the full time.
Just sayin

United States

#12 Jan 3, 2011
Someone who knows both wrote:
What mom would allow her daughter to spend the night at a 30 something year old single man's house? Granted he never should have offered it, but why would a mom say it was okay. She would drop her off there. I am not saying he is innocent. He did deserve to be punished, but I don't think he deserved the extent that he got. His lawyer and the state's attny also told him that if he plead to a lesser charge he wouldn't get the full time.
I wouldn't have allowed it if it were my daughter, but not it still doesn't make it right on his part. Yes, his lawyer did advise him plead guilty to the lesser charge and he would have not had to serve the full time, but he also chose not to complete the judge's requirements, for whatever his reason being, he didn't think he had to comply. When someone makes a mockery out of the county and thinks they are above them, that county (especially Clinton County) is going to make sure that the person knows that its unacceptable. Now he knows.
Hoping for the Best

United States

#13 Jan 4, 2011
What requirements did Dave not follow I wonder, just curious?

I hope the best for both of them! You can't take advantage of a child/teenager even if they act like an adult and are willing. Dave knows better. I believe everything happens for a reason and I hope that Dave (who I believe has a good soul) will accept responsiblity for his actions and truly come out of this a changed man. Maybe God has to lock you up so you will finally listen and he can get his point across. To both I pray for healing, forgiveness, and love. This is just my opinion since this is an opinion board and I haven't interacted with his family for 5 years or more, but I think Dave has gotten away with a lot in the past and has been bailed out way too many times, sometimes we as parents try to help our children in ways that do more harm then good, I think Dave is one of these cases. He is charming and likeable so I can imagine it's hard to say NO. We all need to learn our lessons and accept our consequences; I hope that Dave's parents (who are wonderful) will offer him their love and support EMOTIONALLY but allow him to struggle through and pull himself up when he gets out rather than offer too much help. I hope that Dave takes advantage of his jail time and betters himself in anyway possible. I hope this little girl gets the counseling and help that she needs to resolve this. My heart goes out to everyone involved!
Just sayin

United States

#14 Jan 4, 2011
Hoping for the Best wrote:
What requirements did Dave not follow I wonder, just curious?
I hope the best for both of them! You can't take advantage of a child/teenager even if they act like an adult and are willing. Dave knows better. I believe everything happens for a reason and I hope that Dave (who I believe has a good soul) will accept responsiblity for his actions and truly come out of this a changed man. Maybe God has to lock you up so you will finally listen and he can get his point across. To both I pray for healing, forgiveness, and love. This is just my opinion since this is an opinion board and I haven't interacted with his family for 5 years or more, but I think Dave has gotten away with a lot in the past and has been bailed out way too many times, sometimes we as parents try to help our children in ways that do more harm then good, I think Dave is one of these cases. He is charming and likeable so I can imagine it's hard to say NO. We all need to learn our lessons and accept our consequences; I hope that Dave's parents (who are wonderful) will offer him their love and support EMOTIONALLY but allow him to struggle through and pull himself up when he gets out rather than offer too much help. I hope that Dave takes advantage of his jail time and betters himself in anyway possible. I hope this little girl gets the counseling and help that she needs to resolve this. My heart goes out to everyone involved!

The judge ordered that he complete a sex offenders evaluation. Dave not only said that he was guilty, but also said that he didn't need counseling. He was given numerous opportunities and still failed to complete the evaluation. The way I see it, when a judge orders you to do something, it isn't an option, it's an ORDER. Whether he needed it or not.

I do agree with your post completely. You acknowledged that there are many people affected in this situation and you didn't speak an unkind or untrue word. I hope also that everyone going through this, whether it be the victim, her family and friends, or his family and friends or Dave himself, that they all manage to make it through this, heal, have love and support and hopefully learn something from all of this.
Friend

AOL

#15 Jan 4, 2011
Classmate wrote:
Your right he didnt do it! If your anyone that knows Dave you know he isnt that guy. He did get jail time and its not a fair amount at all. He did take the advice of his lawyer. People everyday plea guilty to things they didnt do with the advice of lawyers. He is a great person if only everyone could see that we wouldnt be in this horrible situation now. All we can do is pray for him and his family hope for the best. Those who know Dave knows what really happened and how kind hearted and caring he truely is.
Reeeaally

Concord, CA

#16 Jan 5, 2011
As far as I know a lawyer does not normally advise you to plead guilty to a lesser charge unless you really did do something wrong. He could have pleaded not guilty if he was truly not guilty of ANY WRONG DOING in regards to this girl, but they would have gone to trial and pulled text messages which might have proved otherwise.... If you do know Dave you know that he doesn't always make the smartest decisions, I love the guy and he is kind hearted and caring, I am not saying he had sex with her but I could see him making some other mistakes. He has surprised me in the past with what he is capable of doing when least expected; it's like another part of him takes over sometimes. You just don't plead guilty when you are free of wrong doing, you usually plead guilty to a lesser charge to get away with a more serious charge that you committed. I can understand everyones shock and surprise but remember most people who knew any person who commits crimes of this nature are shocked to learn it was that person. It's hard to accept that someone you love and care for can mess up so badly but remember it doesn't make all the good they have done disappear, it doesn't mean he is a horrible person. So does anyone know the address where I could write him please?
Address

Saint Louis, MO

#17 Jan 5, 2011
He is in GRAHAM CORRECTIONAL CENTER. The address is:
P.O. Box 499
Hillsboro, Il 62049

You can get all the information if you go the Illionis deptartment of corrections website.
Reeallly

Jersey City, NJ

#18 Jan 6, 2011
Address wrote:
He is in GRAHAM CORRECTIONAL CENTER. The address is:
P.O. Box 499
Hillsboro, Il 62049
You can get all the information if you go the Illionis deptartment of corrections website.
Thank you so very much!
Address

Saint Louis, MO

#19 Jan 6, 2011
I think that the best possible outcome would be that Dave will come out a better man and a better father. If anyone who writes him please send him words of encouragement to help him in this process. Blame and acknowledging his "innocence" will only prevent him from taking anything postive and becoming a better man from this.
predator

Belleville, IL

#20 Jan 6, 2011
a 33 yr old adult who fools around wit a 15 yr is a sexual predator..thats what he is..just watch dateline..he got caught and pleaded guilty..is wrong and its in black and white. he will be on the ill sexual predator list..guilty as charged..sorry these are the facts and he got what he deserved

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Memphis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
painting contractors (Oct '12) Mon Peter Simmons 7
Laugh and Learn Daycare (Jul '11) Mar 11 Concerned Parent 13
the wilken family (Feb '14) Mar 10 brent 7
Review: Choson Martial Arts Acadamies Mar 3 TR Hellerich 1
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Illinois... (Oct '10) Feb '15 who cares 29
Anal Feb '15 BIG AND BLACK 2
st. libory housewives (Mar '13) Feb '15 Joe 4
New Memphis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

New Memphis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]