In redesigned 17th House race, trio t...

In redesigned 17th House race, trio touts conservative principles

There are 37 comments on the Knoxville News Sentinel story from Jun 17, 2012, titled In redesigned 17th House race, trio touts conservative principles. In it, Knoxville News Sentinel reports that:

In electing their new state representative this summer, Republican voters in parts of Jefferson and Sevier counties will choose either an engineer, a lawyer or a retired businessman who wants to take tax money from the state and give it to city and county governments.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Knoxville News Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Our County

Morristown, TN

#1 Jun 18, 2012
Andrew Farmer pretty much puts Jefferson County down in this article, so I don't know why anyone in this county would support him. He says Sevier County Only represents a small portion of the new 17th District, but Jefferson Countians don't turn out to vote as much. He's banking on the fact that not as many of us will vote for the other two candidates that are actually from THIS county. Why would we want some fast talking lawyer from Sevierville to represent our county?
Kinda Chknsheeite

Ten Mile, TN

#2 Jun 18, 2012
Pretty much ? What does that mean ? It means you are trying to turn actual facts, which ARE TRUE, into a chknsheet slam against a pretty decent candidate. I and many more intelligent people WILL support him. Jeff county has around 26,000 registered voters and less than 30% usually vote, so that makes him "putting Jeff County down" ???Griffith has sucked off the government tit all his life and with 15 kids, shouldn't have the time to devote to the position. Really a father of a small army needs to tend the troops.
Or are we taking care of them anyway ? Now that's a slam !
Listen

Kodak, TN

#3 Jun 18, 2012
Listen here all you hardcore Republicans with conservative values: This so called small business owner with local values is a puppet for the chamber and its players. He has stated that he is a conservative with the ability to get "Real" results. What in the name of pete is he talking about? This man has never made one lick of sense when it comes to a "conservative" value vote! Raise taxes and then say that you don't. Who really is paying for this little race. Who is the one paying for the red and blue signs? I don't like the fact that our county was split into two parts. I'm sure that Sevier County isn't eiteher. Can they all not say the same thing? Well, as a STATE REP. I would think that means just that. As Roger Griffith has voted on issues to effect people who don't live in his "area" I guess Andrew Farmer would be about the same role in Nashville. I never wanna call or see an attorney or a dentist or even a proctologist but hey, sometimes we need each of them. Maybe not in that order but still. What I don't need is some fella who makes money off of school and government buildings. Seems like he used to not vote on that "issue". What a mess.
Poli Sci

Morristown, TN

#4 Jun 18, 2012
Kinda Chknsheeite wrote:
Pretty much ? What does that mean ? It means you are trying to turn actual facts, which ARE TRUE, into a chknsheet slam against a pretty decent candidate. I and many more intelligent people WILL support him. Jeff county has around 26,000 registered voters and less than 30% usually vote, so that makes him "putting Jeff County down" ???Griffith has sucked off the government tit all his life and with 15 kids, shouldn't have the time to devote to the position. Really a father of a small army needs to tend the troops.
Or are we taking care of them anyway ? Now that's a slam !
Andrew Farmer doesn't care anything about Jeff County and it's clear by a lot of the comments he has made. If people want to vote for someone from Sevierville to try and get things done in Jefferson County, then we are in much worse trouble than I thought. Andrew Farmer didn't even know that Jefferson County existed before he started running. I am not sure he even knows now.
Say What

Morristown, TN

#5 Jun 19, 2012
Listen wrote:
Listen here all you hardcore Republicans with conservative values: This so called small business owner with local values is a puppet for the chamber and its players. He has stated that he is a conservative with the ability to get "Real" results. What in the name of pete is he talking about? This man has never made one lick of sense when it comes to a "conservative" value vote! Raise taxes and then say that you don't. Who really is paying for this little race. Who is the one paying for the red and blue signs? I don't like the fact that our county was split into two parts. I'm sure that Sevier County isn't eiteher. Can they all not say the same thing? Well, as a STATE REP. I would think that means just that. As Roger Griffith has voted on issues to effect people who don't live in his "area" I guess Andrew Farmer would be about the same role in Nashville. I never wanna call or see an attorney or a dentist or even a proctologist but hey, sometimes we need each of them. Maybe not in that order but still. What I don't need is some fella who makes money off of school and government buildings. Seems like he used to not vote on that "issue". What a mess.
I didn't understand a word you just said. Farmer doesn't have any experience does he? Unless you count getting drunk drivers and criminals off scott free. I guess if you are a criminal you may like that sort of thing, but I don't really care for it and don't really want someone like that representing this county. People living in Sevierville don't know a thing about this county! Ask a few of them and you will see.
Have you noticed

United States

#6 Jun 19, 2012
Say What wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't understand a word you just said. Farmer doesn't have any experience does he? Unless you count getting drunk drivers and criminals off scott free. I guess if you are a criminal you may like that sort of thing, but I don't really care for it and don't really want someone like that representing this county. People living in Sevierville don't know a thing about this county! Ask a few of them and you will see.
Have you noticed the majority of people running this county don't have a clue what they are doing?
Why would we want another one screwing us in Nashville? I am tried of getting screwed without anyone being charged with the rape of taxpayers that is going on now.
No Farmer

Knoxville, TN

#7 Jun 19, 2012
You talk about drunks - be at the Point Thursday night and see the mighty lawyer and his chief campaigner Barry Fain shit faced, as usual. If this so called lawyer has so much money why is he having to have a fund raiser at the Point? Maybe its a way to sell the Point some liquor from his liquor store he owns.
When I saw the Fains ram rodding this campaign that told me enough. No to Farmer and his cronies.
usual lawyers

Charlotte, NC

#9 Jun 19, 2012
No Farmer wrote:
You talk about drunks - be at the Point Thursday night and see the mighty lawyer and his chief campaigner Barry Fain shit faced, as usual. If this so called lawyer has so much money why is he having to have a fund raiser at the Point? Maybe its a way to sell the Point some liquor from his liquor store he owns.
When I saw the Fains ram rodding this campaign that told me enough. No to Farmer and his cronies.
Put them all in jail Bud. Expose them for what they really are.
griffith is the man

Charlotte, NC

#10 Jun 19, 2012
Roger is a hard working Christian man and wouldn't even be in a liquor store let alone own one. Look around and see who's supporting Farmer and the choice will be clear. Hopefully Sheriff McCoig will have his DUI task force near the point Thursday night and catch Farmer and Fain in their usual condition.
You Tell Them

Ten Mile, TN

#11 Jun 19, 2012
No Farmer wrote:
You are the first one to say he has "so much money", so tell us where that line of crap originated ? And glad you got the fact that he owns a liquor store out for all to judge. The banter gives his full explanation as to how he, or his wife ended up with it. And because he owns a liquor store, does that make him a drunk ? If he had it at a church would that make him a Christian ? I doubt seriously he or Fain will be there asking for money in a drunken state. I think Fain is an officer in the juvenile court system so does that make him a drunk ? I guess he was hanging out at the point with Davenport ? Roger Griffith sold us down the river on the schools, what does that say about him ? He wants a job that will separate him from his wife and 15 kids, and you don't think he has an agenda ? Try a little harder to sway other peoples vote, as you just spout mad innuendo's about people you do not know and obviously don' like. Take some tips from "turner".
Apparently NOT

Ten Mile, TN

#12 Jun 19, 2012
Have you noticed wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you noticed the majority of people running this county don't have a clue what they are doing?
Why would we want another one screwing us in Nashville? I am tried of getting screwed without anyone being charged with the rape of taxpayers that is going on now.
Apparently not, as I look at the losers we have in office now. I don't think anybody noticed just how damn stupid many of the commissioners and school board members are actually clueless.
I guess NO representation would be worse, as they are going to screw us from Nashville, either way. I think the best we can ask for anymore is the kiss ? Because we ARE getting raped at every level of the government. But it seems it would be hard for the locals to look us in the eye and do it. But they are and if you happen to make eye contact with them they just wink and do it anyway. At least Farmer must protect his reputation and legal license, so he can't just abandon us, like Griffith did.
Liquor is quicker

Morristown, TN

#13 Jun 20, 2012
I do think that Griffith has a lot better values that Farmer does. I can't really respect a lawyer who sees all of the stuff that goes on in the court system from alcohol abuse and yet owns a liquor store. That sounds like the same old contradictions and lack of character that messed this county up to begin with. We don't need anyone like Farmer messing us up anymore. I would rather vote in one of our two county residents that are running than some jive talking lawyer from Sevierville. Farmer can go back to running the liquor store that didn't want anyone to know about.
Been Carrying Him Anyway

Ten Mile, TN

#15 Jun 20, 2012
Liquor is quicker wrote:
I do think that Griffith has a lot better values that Farmer does. I can't really respect a lawyer who sees all of the stuff that goes on in the court system from alcohol abuse and yet owns a liquor store. That sounds like the same old contradictions and lack of character that messed this county up to begin with. We don't need anyone like Farmer messing us up anymore. I would rather vote in one of our two county residents that are running than some jive talking lawyer from Sevierville. Farmer can go back to running the liquor store that didn't want anyone to know about.
Thats right, a man selling liquor and paying taxes is bad, but one with 15 kids, we keep up, is better and you want to elevate him to a position of governing over us. Is that so you can get a bigger government check or do you want free day care too, or both ?
I guess what you are saying is screw the taxpayers, the freeloaders need a role model. I don't even drink and I still support the likes of you AND HIM ! Griffith has already shown us he is a tax and spend liberal with his votes on the schools, we don't need him making more laws and decisions that put the money directly in his pocket ! Better values would teach him birth control.
Make Up Some More Crap

Ten Mile, TN

#16 Jun 20, 2012
Say What wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone in Sevier County knows where Douglas Lake is, dumbass !
They have Dolly, we have a Dam and LAKE ! They come here to get away from the crowds !
Farmer doesn't practice criminal law, he practices real estate law.
Griffith has fathered more kids than a NBA player ! And the only thing he knows about Sevier County is where to get government jobs and how to get kids in free. I guess if you are a liberal you may like that sort of thing. But most real taxpayers can spot a mooch !
And that should be his middle name. Mooch off of us and piss away our money just as fast as he can ! Multiply and conquer, on credit, or on the backs of taxpayer's. Maybe roger rabbit mooch, would be a good nickname.
Funk and Wagnalls

Marble, NC

#17 Jun 20, 2012
Two dams and two lakes actually. Don't forget the folks on the other side of the county. Some people often do. Back to an original point...do we really need another lawyer in Nashville? Geeese people. Lawyers will screw you any way that they can. Cash whores. 99.97%. Please. Pretty boy is not in that .03%. I just lack that trust.
Dayam It Funky

Ten Mile, TN

#18 Jun 20, 2012
Funk and Wagnalls wrote:
Two dams and two lakes actually. Don't forget the folks on the other side of the county. Some people often do. Back to an original point...do we really need another lawyer in Nashville? Geeese people. Lawyers will screw you any way that they can. Cash whores. 99.97%. Please. Pretty boy is not in that .03%. I just lack that trust.
Why do you got to be that way ! First you inform me that I actually did forget about a mighty fine Cherokee Lake, which I apologize to the fine people over there for.
Then you go and make a whole bunch of valid points that I can't truthfully argue with. You are no fun, I still say roger is worse, but you just reitterated the sad fact that it really IS picking the lesser of all evils ! You have bummed me out and I'm going to bed. You killjoy, you.
Is nobody going to mention Boggs ? Ever ?
Ooooops

Morristown, TN

#19 Jun 22, 2012
Dayam It Funky wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you got to be that way ! First you inform me that I actually did forget about a mighty fine Cherokee Lake, which I apologize to the fine people over there for.
Then you go and make a whole bunch of valid points that I can't truthfully argue with. You are no fun, I still say roger is worse, but you just reitterated the sad fact that it really IS picking the lesser of all evils ! You have bummed me out and I'm going to bed. You killjoy, you.
Is nobody going to mention Boggs ? Ever ?
That is ok, I don't think that Farmer knows we have two lakes either. As a matter of fact, I doubt he even knows much at all about what is in Jefferson County except for the few people that cross the county line to buy liquor at his liquor store. That is why we don't need someone from Sevierville representing Jefferson County. It helps when the person actually knows the county they represent. A second lake is pretty hard to miss on the map.
Senior Citizen

Knoxville, TN

#20 Jun 23, 2012
if you are smart you will vote for Farmer, just read the papers and decide if you want an idiot like Griffith representing you, look and think about the decisions he has made regarding our schools, cc business and you would want him representing you. Make a change, that is whats wrong now school board, cc, look how our schools are messed up. VOTE FARMER!!!!
Farmer dont care

Morristown, TN

#21 Jun 23, 2012
Senior Citizen wrote:
if you are smart you will vote for Farmer, just read the papers and decide if you want an idiot like Griffith representing you, look and think about the decisions he has made regarding our schools, cc business and you would want him representing you. Make a change, that is whats wrong now school board, cc, look how our schools are messed up. VOTE FARMER!!!!
We have needed new schools for about 15 years now, so I am glad that some people are finally getting it done. I am glad that Griffith is able to make a tough decision that may not always be the most popular in order to get something accomplished. If it were up to some of these politicians, we would be adding more trailers behind the schools and debating about it, instead of actually building schools that are large enough to hold all of the students. I'll vote for Griffith thank you! Farmer doesn't even know we have schools over here in Jefferson County.
Ignorant Turner Moron

Ten Mile, TN

#22 Jun 23, 2012
Farmer dont care wrote:
<quoted text>
We have needed new schools for about 15 years now, so I am glad that some people are finally getting it done. I am glad that Griffith is able to make a tough decision that may not always be the most popular in order to get something accomplished. If it were up to some of these politicians, we would be adding more trailers behind the schools and debating about it, instead of actually building schools that are large enough to hold all of the students. I'll vote for Griffith thank you! Farmer doesn't even know we have schools over here in Jefferson County.
That is how your brain works, we just got JCHS paid for in 2003 and you wanted a new one 1996, hell the growth spurt that filled it up wasn't until 01-06. God, what a MORON !

Tough decision huh ? He was a PAID engineer during the planning phase of the first or second million dollars worth of plans, They threw away ! He made money on the schools 2 years before they were rammed down our throats. Yessirre, that was a difficult decision for him, you ignorant MORON.

Adding more trailers ? First off they are now called "learning cottages" now. And they are not planning on getting rid of many of them now. NONE of the owned units are being slated for sale.
It's really NOT funny that when you want money, you call them moldy trailers and when you get the money and you still need them, you start calling them "cottages". The fact that from 03 until now the wheel tax has given them over a million dollars a year for "repairs" and they pissed it away or stole it from us, means they had 8 MILLION dollars for repairs and wasted it on trailers and anything but roof repairs, and Griffith condoned it with a smile on his face. I would be smiling too, if I were voting to put money in my own pocket.

We can't afford to put that moron into a position where he can waste more money ! I guess it is easy to waste taxpayers money when you don't even pay your own fair share, and he doesn't !!!
I wonder how much more he gets back than he pays with all those "deductions". The whole idea is just stupid, just like YOU !

And I will kill your vote for him, so you are welcome !
He is a dead duck in the commission as they have done about all the damage they can do and he knows he will NEVER get elected in Jeff County alone again, that is why he wants to secure a new government job. Well that and the fact he is a leach on the taxpayer.

And if it were up to some politicians we would have built several additions to several schools and saved 30-40 MILLION dollars !
But NO, hell NO !!, Morons like roger had to believe the fairy tales from the DOE and put us in more debt than we could ever repay ! And YOU want to reward his ignorance by putting him in a position to waste more ??? YOU STUPID MORON !!!

And Farmer or even Nicely can honestly say they didn't screw us out of one dime on the schools, and your boy roger will NEVER be able to say that.

VOTE FARMER !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Market Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lights out 18 hr Damfino 1
Feild Of Dreams (Mar '10) Mon Poor kids 22
Build the bridge. Mon Marty Mcfly 16
Who's The Daddy Mon CuriosityRover 3
Little League Baseball... Mon James 9
Where is the justice? Mon James 5
city property taxes Sun Einstein 5

New Market Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance