Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated Nov 2, 2012
NIKKY

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Sep 7, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

I need information on how to close this site. I cannot think of any other forum in the world where you can say anything about anyone, true or false, anonymously, and not face consequences. Even tabloids can be sued. This is a disgrace, a form or evil, and should not be tolerated in a civilized society. This is a diary and legacy that we are leaving for our children and grandchildren. I do not visit this site often. Even the conversations that start with the best intent turn ugly... So to get the jump on the ugliness that is sure to follow..... Bite me!!
Tom

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Sep 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

I actually thought that you had started an intelligent,albeit mundane,thread..but you ended on such a sour note,that you cannot be taken seriously.
Just dont log in anymore and you wont know whats being posted..its that simple.
NIKKY

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Sep 7, 2012
 
Shut your mouth Tom. Everyone hates you and U am sorry that you are the last to know.
My bad

Fenton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Sep 7, 2012
 
Tom wrote:
I actually thought that you had started an intelligent,albeit mundane,thread..but you ended on such a sour note,that you cannot be taken seriously.
Just dont log in anymore and you wont know whats being posted..its that simple.
Ted.... Is that you?
pathetic

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Sep 8, 2012
 
NIKKY wrote:
I need information on how to close this site. I cannot think of any other forum in the world where you can say anything about anyone, true or false, anonymously, and not face consequences. Even tabloids can be sued. This is a disgrace, a form or evil, and should not be tolerated in a civilized society. This is a diary and legacy that we are leaving for our children and grandchildren. I do not visit this site often. Even the conversations that start with the best intent turn ugly... So to get the jump on the ugliness that is sure to follow..... Bite me!!
Agree 100%!!! We need to do something about this! Hold topix responsible because without then none of this would even be possible!!!
I Agree

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Sep 8, 2012
 
To start what needs to happen is names signatures. That will be a good start. Maybe a lawyer will join the fight. This has gone on long enough. Petition needs to be a ailable at local place for everyone to sign. Maybe a buisness or something. A church. Anywhere public
pathetic

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Sep 8, 2012
 
I Agree wrote:
To start what needs to happen is names signatures. That will be a good start. Maybe a lawyer will join the fight. This has gone on long enough. Petition needs to be a ailable at local place for everyone to sign. Maybe a buisness or something. A church. Anywhere public
its got to be more than a petition amoung the people of one town. What needs to happen is someone in New Madrid get 5 other towns to join then those towns get 5 towns each and so on. It would grow more rapid then you think it would. This is bigger than New Madrid our city can't fight it on our own but nation wide we may have a chance!! Its got to start somewhere, why not here?
Los Desviador

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Sep 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

It's obvious you people have no clue what you're actually talking about. This is a Forum and it's owners and moderators have nearly zero liablity when it comes to what OTHERS post. If you knew how to use a search engine and look into this type of matter yourself, you'd learn what 'Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act' was. Look it up, read it, learn it, and then live it.

Here's a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_230_of_t...

You may also enjoy reading what an actual Forum is at this link here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum

Hope this helped t disappoint you.
pathetic

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Sep 8, 2012
 
Los Desviador wrote:
It's obvious you people have no clue what you're actually talking about. This is a Forum and it's owners and moderators have nearly zero liablity when it comes to what OTHERS post. If you knew how to use a search engine and look into this type of matter yourself, you'd learn what 'Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act' was. Look it up, read it, learn it, and then live it.
Here's a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_230_of_t...
You may also enjoy reading what an actual Forum is at this link here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum
Hope this helped t disappoint you.
I'm not saying the need to be held accountable for what others say! I'm just saying the should make it a little harder to get on here and just run off at the mouth!!
Los Desviador

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Sep 8, 2012
 
In that case, mandating that every user have a Login account inorder to post would solve that problem. I'd support such a rule, even though I myself and you seem to both be using the clean guest user method of posting on this issue. Seems pretty hypocritical if you ask me to support something you yourself are not doing. But you have a name to live up to, so I don't blame you.
Tom

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Sep 8, 2012
 
LMAO!!
"Nikky" you are completely worthless. No one cares about you. You are nothing,and never will be nothing.
The difference between you and I is that I do what I want..you do what your told.
Your life has no meaning,you are of use to no one. The world would be better off without you,and all your family would be happier.
See..I dont even know you,but yet I describe your mindset to a "T"
Go lay awake all alone late at night and think about it.
Your nothing but a drag.
Tom

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Sep 8, 2012
 
Nikky needs some Prozac..or lay off the crack.
I heard Nikky like to bl ow for pills.
Nikkys momma turned tricks to pay the rent.
LMAO!!
pathetic

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Sep 8, 2012
 
Los Desviador wrote:
In that case, mandating that every user have a Login account inorder to post would solve that problem. I'd support such a rule, even though I myself and you seem to both be using the clean guest user method of posting on this issue. Seems pretty hypocritical if you ask me to support something you yourself are not doing. But you have a name to live up to, so I don't blame you.
yes, we do seem to be using the "clean guest" user name but we aren't slandering anyone! It's the slander that needs to stop. If everyone else had to show who they are I would be more than happy to abide by that. Why, however, would I deliberately show who I am when you have impertinent people. It is very daunting knowing they will not be held accountable. Sorry but I'm not into abnegation.
Petition

Bloomfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Sep 9, 2012
 
There is already a petition out there, and lawyers trying to shut topix down. If interested sign it at the following address.

http://www.change.org/petitions/end-or-reform...
Flim Flam

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Sep 9, 2012
 
Los Desviador wrote:
It's obvious you people have no clue what you're actually talking about. This is a Forum and it's owners and moderators have nearly zero liablity when it comes to what OTHERS post. If you knew how to use a search engine and look into this type of matter yourself, you'd learn what 'Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act' was. Look it up, read it, learn it, and then live it.
Here's a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_230_of_t...
You may also enjoy reading what an actual Forum is at this link here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum
Hope this helped t disappoint you.
Yep and courts have ruled in support of it time and time again.
NIKKY

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Nov 2, 2012
 
As I said before TOM... Bite me. LMAO All you did was prove my point while some fairly intelligent people tried to have a discussion ... Oh .. But wait ... Where's the idiot... There he is... Let's give it up for Tom!!! Yay!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent New Madrid Discussions

Search the New Madrid Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) 7 hr CLUE 6,909
Farmers 9 hr guest 4
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 9 hr RNC Rightwing NUT Cases 95,404
j w 14 hr sun shine 4
MO August 3 Missouri Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) 19 hr chico 10,206
MO Who do you support for Auditor in Missouri in 2... (Oct '10) 20 hr Canopy 267
Greener grass 23 hr Guest 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

New Madrid Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

New Madrid People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

New Madrid News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in New Madrid
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••