Ex-teacher admits sex with teens

Ex-teacher admits sex with teens

There are 160 comments on the Springfield News Leader story from Oct 14, 2006, titled Ex-teacher admits sex with teens. In it, Springfield News Leader reports that:

Poplar Bluff -- A former southeast Missouri middle school teacher faces sentencing Dec.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Springfield News Leader.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Michelle

Columbia, MO

#1 Oct 24, 2006
disgusting
Taylor

United States

#2 Oct 25, 2006
It is sad to think that between perverts and shooters that our children cannot be safe in school. It scares me to death!
kevin

United States

#6 Sep 27, 2007
was this a male or female teacher? dont really matter but im just curious.
someone

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Nov 3, 2007
female and she didnt get in trouble
Why

De Soto, MO

#8 Nov 3, 2007
someone wrote:
female and she didnt get in trouble
Why didn't she get in trouble?
SEMO

Hickman, KY

#9 Nov 3, 2007
SHE DID GET INTO TROUBLE. But I must agree that women sex-offenders are treated much different than had it been a male teacher. She just got probation.
onthamove

Cordova, TN

#10 Nov 3, 2007
what happened to the accused female teacher, last name Sharp. i think she was rebecca sharp and judge sharp's daughter? a couple of years ago?
Cheated

Ash Flat, AR

#11 Nov 3, 2007
Don`t know the story ,but I take it she did`nt teach sex education !
retired

Cape Girardeau, MO

#12 Nov 3, 2007
Judge Mitchell is just as bad he sides with the pedophiles if they are female
confused

Sedalia, MO

#13 Nov 6, 2007
she didnt get into too much trouble because of HER LAST NAME. didnt you know thats how things work in New Madrid
rock

Fredericktown, MO

#15 Nov 6, 2007
Her Dad was not a judge. He was circuit clerk for the courts.
What name

Saint Louis, MO

#16 Nov 7, 2007
confused wrote:
she didnt get into too much trouble because of HER LAST NAME. didnt you know thats how things work in New Madrid
Text: Sentence & Judgment seven yrs MDOC with execution of sentence suspended and defendant placed on five years probation under the supervision of the State Board of Probation and Parole. 24.035/29.15 INEEFECT COUNSEL - No; ALLOCUTION - Yes
Docket Entry: Special Conditions
Text: 1. Attend and successfully complete such substance abuse program as directed by her supervising officer. 2. Defendant shall not consume alcoholic beverages nor enter establishment where alcohol is the major item offered for sale. 3. Consent to blood, breath, urine or hair follicle tests as requested by probation supervisor or any other law enforcement officer and pay for same . 4. Attend and participate in a sex offender program, complete evaluation by an approved sex offender therapist and complete annual polygraph evaluation at her expense. 5. Defendant shall consent to a search of her dwelling, motor vehicle, and person upon request of probation supervisor or any law enforcement officer. 6. Defendant shall, at the discretion of her probation supervisor, serve a total of 120 days shock detention in the county jail and pay the board bill therefore. 7.Defendant shall pay court costs, Jail Board Bill and CVCF within 24 months on a schedule to be provided by her probation supervisor. 8. Defendant shall be screened for Intensive Supervision Program/Electronic Monitoring Program and, if found acceptable, shall complete the Program as directed by her probation supervisor and pay for same if applicable. 9. Defendant shall maintain full-time employment or be enrolled as a full time student or be enrolled in vocational training. 10. Register as a Sex Offender. 11. Defendant not to be around any one less than 17 years of age except in the company of another. 12. Defendant shall not teach in public or private schools in the State of Missouri.
Get It Right

Malden, MO

#17 Nov 7, 2007
onthamove wrote:
what happened to the accused female teacher, last name Sharp. i think she was rebecca sharp and judge sharp's daughter? a couple of years ago?
The Sharp woman was from New Madrid and no relation to Judge Sharp. This is how crap get started. If you are going to make statements about such situations as serious as this, you should try to have factual information.
Miss Priss

Saint Louis, MO

#18 Dec 8, 2007
When I was in high school I had sex with one of my teachers. I cant say who it was, but I will say it was a coach.
Good For You

United States

#19 Dec 9, 2007
That's really something to brag about.
now ask yourself

United States

#20 Dec 9, 2007
Now ask, how many peoples lives do you want to ruin? That is the main question. The kids, the wife, the in laws, the person who you committed adultery with? Hope you had fun.
Miss Priss

Poplar Bluff, MO

#21 Dec 10, 2007
He wasn't married. And he's moved away. No one ever knew.
what the hell

United States

#22 Dec 10, 2007
what the hell then. Who gives a shit.
uhm

Saint Louis, MO

#23 Dec 10, 2007
what the hell wrote:
what the hell then. Who gives a shit.
Dont be jealous.
Anonymous

United States

#24 Dec 10, 2007
LOL Coach Hamm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Madrid Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What ever happened to Sarha Nelson 2 hr The man 1
Who has BACKHOE in new madrid county or surrou... 4 hr LOOKING FOR 1
Why is Portageville better than New Madrid Mon Bleh 12
New Madrid Ambulance Aug 25 concerned 4
Best teacher in 6th grade Aug 24 Interested 1
The villanz Aug 21 lady luck 2
Ron Murphy Aug 19 Guest 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Madrid Mortgages