6,393 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

aur56

Aurora, MO

#7079 Nov 25, 2012
Sad to say, but the way we care for our pets is a direct reflection of how we care for each other. Anyone, overbreeding large populations of dogs is a puppy mill, IMO.Too many unwanted dogs here,many are fom puppy mills.
mike

United States

#7081 Dec 3, 2012
Seems silly
Bring it

Ava, MO

#7082 Dec 6, 2012
Why anyone would want to breed more animals, dogs cats, is beyound me. There are thousands of dogs and cats put to death in this country everyday. There are strays everywhere.If you truely care about the animals adopt, dont shop.
Bring it

Ava, MO

#7083 Dec 6, 2012
Your about a racist boy arent ya Dante?
Bring it

Ava, MO

#7084 Dec 6, 2012
There are no stupid dogs, just stupid people.
Dantre

High Ridge, MO

#7085 Dec 6, 2012
Bring it wrote:
Your about a racist boy arent ya Dante?
It's DANTRE bytch! Now go jump back in bed wit yo hillbilly cousin craka!
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#7086 Dec 27, 2012
The bill will help produce the best dogs, I'm sure it will help the ecosystem too, which in turn with help humans. I don't believe in the bill for the animals, but for the sake of the people. Its not about the animals, its about humanity.
whatever

Irving, TX

#7087 Dec 28, 2012
Bring it wrote:
There are no stupid dogs, just stupid people.
All dogs are stupid, they have an IQ of like 14....dumbasz
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#7088 Dec 28, 2012
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>All dogs are stupid, they have an IQ of like 14....dumbasz
People show to much concern for animals. We should benefit the animals only for the sake of the people, not animals.
whatever

Irving, TX

#7089 Dec 28, 2012
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
People show to much concern for animals. We should benefit the animals only for the sake of the people, not animals.
Animals are made for human consumption period! Ship all the unwanted dogs and cats to China and Sinapore so they can have a feast. Also please cease and desist on speaking in rhymes, its getting kind of annoying.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#7090 Dec 28, 2012
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>Animals are made for human consumption period! Ship all the unwanted dogs and cats to China and Sinapore so they can have a feast. Also please cease and desist on speaking in rhymes, its getting kind of annoying.
I'm not speaking in rhymes, I just hate the RSPB who arrest innocent people for throwing out animals.
whatever

Irving, TX

#7091 Dec 28, 2012
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not speaking in rhymes, I just hate the RSPB who arrest innocent people for throwing out animals.
ok got it, who are the RSPB? and what have they got to do with a two year old bill that was voted down over a year ago?
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#7092 Dec 28, 2012
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>ok got it, who are the RSPB? and what have they got to do with a two year old bill that was voted down over a year ago?
The RSPB is owned by the goverment in britain, it stands for Royal Society for the Protection of Birds, but it also is to do with other animals too. They are fascist like and put animals above people. They don't seem to care about helping the animals benefit the people, but seem quite selfish and only seem to care about the animals, love smug we don't care about killing your cute little mice RSPB.
Owen Paul

Germany

#7094 Feb 9, 2013
the me more
ok

United States

#7095 Feb 10, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>The RSPB is owned by the goverment in britain, it stands for Royal Society for the Protection of Birds, but it also is to do with other animals too. They are fascist like and put animals above people. They don't seem to care about helping the animals benefit the people, but seem quite selfish and only seem to care about the animals, love smug we don't care about killing your cute little mice RSPB.
Amen!
2themisinformed

Branson, MO

#7096 Feb 10, 2013
Whoever is going to spend a few hundred dollars on a dog is going to "protect their investment". Before the bill was passed, inspectors had very strict laws on these "puppy mills". In fact, they're too strict sometimes. The fact of the matter is, this bill destroyed businesses and severely damaged. I've personally seen many places where breeders keep their dogs and honestly, they're just as a nice and sometimes better than where most people keep their pets. Animals that are abused and mistreated are those who don't want to spend money and don't care. People who have "puppy mills" want to protect their investment and keep their animals clean. Granted they're not all perfect but most keep clean food and water, have buildings where the animals can go in and out as they please and their doghouses are well insulated with light, heating and air. They're protected a lot better than if they were wild. Most people who are for this bill are completely misinformed and really have no idea what's going on and in that note have no right to say what's going on when in reality they have no idea. Just as in any business, things don't always go as they're suppose to. But, that's like saying we should shut down EVERY McDonalds because one had roaches. Does that mean every McDonalds in the US has roaches? Because one "puppy mill" doesn't treat their animals properly mean every breeder abuses animals? If so we should take YOUR kids away, because I've seen OTHER parents who abuse their kids so that means you must, too.

Alexandria, VA

#7097 Feb 11, 2013
What?
DOGS

Ozark, MO

#7098 Feb 16, 2013
I have some dogs for sale
Buffy

Osceola, AR

#7099 Feb 16, 2013
Since there are some dog lovers in this forum, I thought I would take the slight chance that any of you have seen my dog. She went missing yesterday around 12:30pm (2/15/2012) in Arbyrd, MO. Her name is Lexi, and she is about 25lbs. She is 10 months old and VERY friendly. She is brown with a black face and has on a pink collar with skulls on it. On her collar there is a pink bone tag with my information and her name, Lexi. If you happen to see her, please, PLEASE contact me. I love her and miss her VERY much and am worring myself sick about her. I put out a pet amber alert on her. The website has a picture of her. The website address is: http://www.petamberalert.com/lost-pet-list/pe...
The Informed

Hulbert, OK

#7103 Mar 1, 2013
2themisinformed wrote:
Whoever is going to spend a few hundred dollars on a dog is going to "protect their investment". Before the bill was passed, inspectors had very strict laws on these "puppy mills". In fact, they're too strict sometimes. The fact of the matter is, this bill destroyed businesses and severely damaged. I've personally seen many places where breeders keep their dogs and honestly, they're just as a nice and sometimes better than where most people keep their pets. Animals that are abused and mistreated are those who don't want to spend money and don't care. People who have "puppy mills" want to protect their investment and keep their animals clean. Granted they're not all perfect but most keep clean food and water, have buildings where the animals can go in and out as they please and their doghouses are well insulated with light, heating and air. They're protected a lot better than if they were wild. Most people who are for this bill are completely misinformed and really have no idea what's going on and in that note have no right to say what's going on when in reality they have no idea. Just as in any business, things don't always go as they're suppose to. But, that's like saying we should shut down EVERY McDonalds because one had roaches. Does that mean every McDonalds in the US has roaches? Because one "puppy mill" doesn't treat their animals properly mean every breeder abuses animals? If so we should take YOUR kids away, because I've seen OTHER parents who abuse their kids so that means you must, too.
I live in Norwood, MO. There are at least 5 puppy mills within a 5 mile radius of my house. Before the bill was passed - all of these puppy mills had current licenses = meaning they passed their inspection. How they passed these inspections I have no idea. I personally have called the state on each of these "businesses" because of the deplorable conditions that the animals are kept in (and yes, I'm the friendly neighbor that goes and helps take care of these poor animals simply because I feel bad for them = so I have seen WITH MY OWN eyes these conditions)= so don't tell me I'm misinformed. Many of the dogs have matted hair all the way down to the skin, many more have sever eye infections and some have even gone blind because of these infections. Green mold in the food and water bowls. Poop all over. And you saying they have the ability to go in and out freely is a joke! They live in 2x3 foot area - part of it is inside and part is outside. They have no room to run and play. The majority of them are terrified of people because the only contact they have is someone throwing some food and water at them. These conditions haven't changed, even with passing Prop B. My question to you is: Do you ever think about the quality of life of your "investment?" When you said "I've personally seen many places where breeders keep their dogs and honestly, they're just as a nice and sometimes better than where most people keep their pets." - this is simply untrue. Not one person I know keeps their pets in a 2x3 area for their ENTIRE LIFESPAN. I'm not being rude or sarcastic by asking this question, I'm simply trying to understand your thought process as a breeder = how do you justify treating any creature in this manner? As I said, I've helped out at the puppy mills that are located around my house with an honest intention of trying to see your side of things. Unfortunately, all I've seen are people who are lazy and are trying to make easy money. If they cared at all about the well being of the animals (or as you call it "investment") they would care for them properly, physically and emotionally. They would socialize them and provide exercise and access to mold-free water and food. But they don't. Not because they can't - but because the breeders won't, and they honestly see these poor creatures just as you do = an "investment."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Madrid Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what did you get for christmas? 1 hr Jookk 7
Suttons 2 hr look out mom and dad 1
dalton minton?? (Jan '09) 4 hr wife 44
Leftovers 6 hr guest 2
Cheating husband 7 hr b 7
My first and only love (Jul '13) 8 hr money 15
Would you tell if you knew a child being abused? 10 hr guest 19
New Madrid Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web