Westford pair jailed for sexual assault

Full story: Lowell Sun

Two 2008 graduates of Westford Academy have been sentenced to four months in prison each after they were convicted of sexually assaulting a 14-year-old girl while on vacation at Soundview Beach in Connecticut in 2008.
Comments
81 - 91 of 91 Comments Last updated Jan 15, 2013
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Bagdad Harry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2009

Cindy wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what made you so arrogant. The drugs!! So why don't you live in Westford, because you don't have the money with your drug habit. LOL
Moved out....neighborhood was too rough to raise children...
Still River is so much more conducive to family life!
Bagdad Harry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2009

jay wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah you also live in atlanta
yYah and sometimes Ilive in Fairfield CT....
I use my private jet to commute...
Screw Global Warming
Harold Poupass

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2009

Kenny wrote:
All I had to see was Westford to know the fix was in.
My guess is they have some connection to law enforcement. No way some one walks away from gang rape of a child with 4 months..and no sex offender registration unless thier connected.
Amused

Stoughton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2009

kevin wrote:
This is Mass. It's not a crime for a Liberal to have forced sex on a minor. I think it is a requirement to run for State senator.
Priests are liberal? Who knew?
kickass

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2009

lame wrote:
4 months thats it!!****?
i just want 2 say i hope those little boys get there asses kicked so bad in jail u the parents will not reconize ur baby faced little boys im telling u the prisoners do not tolerate skinners
paulie17

Westford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2009

Have we head the whole story? Does anyone know what prison their in?
rubber ducky

Cambridge, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2009

snore snore snore...start reading at the start. snore snore snore... put more on moron....snore snore
todd262

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2009

duh wrote:
<quoted text>
Well for starters if you are mature enough to be having sex then of course you should be aware of what that actually means and I'm not talking about the act itself but everything that goes with it such as birth control, STD's and personal responsibility. But from what I gather from your post, your idea of sex is hooking up with random people whom you dont actually know because as you said "how do you know she is of age". Well, if you were in a relationship hopefully you would know the person and how old they are. I dont agree with teens randomly hooking up with strangers or people they meet the first time. I wouldnt call that responsible at all. And yeah, meeting someone at a party and hooking up would be a problem as this case points out because they can lie about their age as I'm sure some do.
Second of all, just because a girl is not mature enough to have sex at 14 doesnt mean she is baby either who needs her food cut up for her. That's just silly isnt it? Thirdly at 17 you are of the age of consent so no an 18 year old woman would not be charged with statutory rape if you stated you consented to it.
pedo
Soundview Native

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

Don't fret, it is an open secret who the girl is. She was arrested again a few months later for giving booze to a few of her minor friends. Under CT law, her identity is shielded in the press, but not out in public.
test

Mercer Island, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

paulie17 wrote:
i wish someone involed and knows the whole story would speak out and inform us of the true story so we won't all be speculating
test
ABBEE

Concord, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Erica wrote:
Wonder if these boys knew exactly how old the young lady was at the time, hardly think she gave them a real age. Have you seen the way girls dress and look like these days. Not their age. Now obvioulsy I do not condone what these boys did, but maybe the light sentence has to do with the facts surrounding the case. Where her parents were is irrelevant, her inviting 2 boys to her house....not a smart move, again not her fault, she wasn't the adult, but there can be so many factors that we just are not hearing. Stories like this should open some serious dialogue at the dinner table with your children.
DEAR GOD. So by that logic, every time I go to the beach I'm liable to get raped because I enticed the possible rapist? Your type of thinking is was condones rapists. It shows them that they can get away with being predators by playing the blame the victim card. Their sense of entitlement, their lack of empathy, and their drive to take advantage of a human being and use them as a means to an end, to objectify--EXISTED WITHIN THEM. How offensive to MEN to think that a TIT or a BUTTCHEEK would be too much to resist the temptation to RAPE. You ARE saying it's her fault. You are giving them an excuse. Hold men to higher standards- This type of thinking is what helps rapists get away with their crimes.
Teach boys, sons, brothers--anyone--that it is never okay to take advantage of another human being when you may be in a position of power, or they may be vulnerable. Teach girls to love themselves before they need the approval of boys and men to feel loved. A naked person in the middle of the street still has a mother-still has a father, a life and a story that makes them A HUMAN BEING before anything else. When we teach "slut shaming" we teach everyone that its okay to see another person as less, it gives those WHO WOULD RAPE getting the OK to do as they please to those victim deemed as such. They know a young girl who might dress sexy is vulnerable (because you know, we've been taught since we enter society as females that our worth is synonymous with our looks--and that the ultimate goal in life is to get a guy to like you and marry you) because she is dubbed "whorish" therefore-How could she possibly have any merit to her claim of rape or abuse? DO YOU SEE WHERE I'M GOING.
THIS IS PART OF THE LARGER PROBLEM. THIS TYPE OF THINKING FROM THE ORIGINAL COMMENT IS WHAT PERPETUATES ENTITLED JERKS TO "TAKE" WHAT THEY WANT FROM OTHER HUMAN BEINGS. And you question her attire?! Please, do some critical f**king thinking for the sake of all women, children, and other human being's being blamed for being victimized.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
New London Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

New London Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••