Best place to get Tattoos in Leesville?

Posted in the New Llano Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Jan 12

Leesville, LA

#1 Jan 28, 2012
I was wondering what people's opinions are on where to get some ink done in Leesville, I go to Rick's and see J.D. who has done the last seven or so of mine. He does good work and doesn't overcharge like some places around here and I've checked around.

Anyone else with ideas, opinions?

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#2 Jan 28, 2012
revolution ink....... i believe you can facebook revolution ink and angie will gladly display her work.

also, mikes.... nice guy, have known him for about 35 years...

Leesville, LA

#3 Jan 28, 2012
Personally I have a problem with Revolution, I'm not sure who it was that I talked to when I went in there, but she basically told me that to get what I wanted at the size I wanted, couldn't be done and still be recognizable. The price she quoted was ridiculous as well. Suffice it to say, J.D. did it in the size I wanted and I've only on a few occasions had to explain what it is to people. Never been to Mike's though I have heard good things.

“I've left the site. Bye ”

Since: Oct 10

The bat cave

#4 Jan 28, 2012
I've been hearing good things about mad tatters. I've been in there once. It looks clean. Their work looks good so far but I've not had anything done there.

The bat cave

#5 Jan 28, 2012
Also I don't care for ricks. I will be covering or removing one they have done.
havemercy

Leesville, LA

#6 Jan 28, 2012
Gutterpunk wrote:
Also I don't care for ricks. I will be covering or removing one they have done.
I feel like ricks is one of the best in the area. Thank God for choice. We all like different things. What you dislike, someone else likes. Don't down me because you like someone else. Don't tell those satisfied with my work that I don't know how to work. You feel me? Just saying.
havemercy

Leesville, LA

#7 Jan 28, 2012
EANx32 wrote:
Personally I have a problem with Revolution, I'm not sure who it was that I talked to when I went in there, but she basically told me that to get what I wanted at the size I wanted, couldn't be done and still be recognizable. The price she quoted was ridiculous as well. Suffice it to say, J.D. did it in the size I wanted and I've only on a few occasions had to explain what it is to people. Never been to Mike's though I have heard good things.
She obvious knew her business. How many times you have had to explain what it was? Quite a few occasions? If you can only afford a little Ford, do not go to a Cadillac dealer.

Leesville, LA

#8 Jan 28, 2012
havemercy wrote:
<quoted text>She obvious knew her business. How many times you have had to explain what it was? Quite a few occasions? If you can only afford a little Ford, do not go to a Cadillac dealer.
Did you actually read what I typed? I said I've only had to explain it "ON ONLY A FEW OCCASIONS", meaning that almost everyone who sees it knows immediately what it is. So, no she did not in fact know her business. I have several out of state friends who are tattoo artists who have all told me that when a tattoo artist gives you an answer like she gave me "It can't be done at that size and still be recognizable for what it is" that translates to "I can't do it that size" or "I really don't want to do that tattoo"

Go buy some glasses, if you already wear glasses then get your prescription updated. If neither of those are the problem, take a reading comprehension class.

The bat cave

#9 Jan 29, 2012
havemercy wrote:
<quoted text>I feel like ricks is one of the best in the area. Thank God for choice. We all like different things. What you dislike, someone else likes. Don't down me because you like someone else. Don't tell those satisfied with my work that I don't know how to work. You feel me? Just saying.
My tattoo from there is pretty good quality I'm just not happy with it. I've out grown it. They did a nice job. If I were to keep it I'd like it touched up but I think my problem is more with the tattoo and less with the place. The place is clean and the people are nice the prices are fair. I just don't like my tattoo but I've seen good work come from there too

“I have been around since”

Since: Aug 11

G.W. chopped the cherry tree

#10 Jan 29, 2012
JD caught him a very nice talented cougar.

Leesville, LA

#11 Jan 29, 2012
BiggerThanUrBallz wrote:
JD caught him a very nice talented cougar.
Theresa is pretty nice.
havemercy

Leesville, LA

#12 Jan 29, 2012
EANx32 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you actually read what I typed? I said I've only had to explain it "ON ONLY A FEW OCCASIONS", meaning that almost everyone who sees it knows immediately what it is. So, no she did not in fact know her business. I have several out of state friends who are tattoo artists who have all told me that when a tattoo artist gives you an answer like she gave me "It can't be done at that size and still be recognizable for what it is" that translates to "I can't do it that size" or "I really don't want to do that tattoo"
Go buy some glasses, if you already wear glasses then get your prescription updated. If neither of those are the problem, take a reading comprehension class.
LMAO, yeah, I thought I read it. I didn't mean no harm, excuse me. Was, just saying. I don't have any evidence to refute those " out of state friends who are tattoo artists " experts, testimony. I am sure you was expressing how you felt, and you was entitled to that. I understood. I have a certain barber I like. HUH? Anyway, I have tried exactly just that, went bought some darn glasses, 2 pair. 2 eye test, at that Alexandria Eye and Laser. Right now, I am waiting on a pair from there that I paid for 4 months ago. Don't go to the Alexandria Eye and Laser. Listen, get your tattoo anywhere you wanna, its none of my business. Its none of my business. How's my comprehension, now? I get it, ok. I guess I'm old fashion. I would hate to have a tattoo of elephant on my chest, and I have to explain to one (1) person, less an on a, " few occasions", that that was an elephant. I would be pissed.
havemercy

Leesville, LA

#13 Jan 29, 2012
Gutterpunk wrote:
<quoted text>
My tattoo from there is pretty good quality I'm just not happy with it. I've out grown it. They did a nice job. If I were to keep it I'd like it touched up but I think my problem is more with the tattoo and less with the place. The place is clean and the people are nice the prices are fair. I just don't like my tattoo but I've seen good work come from there too
Outstanding.

The bat cave

#14 Jan 29, 2012
If you're willing to travel to lake Charles I've heard a lot of things about skin deep. They have a Facebook page so you can see their work too

I haven't been inked since.... 2004-5?? Something like that but you can always check them out before making the drive.

“Life after life does exist”

Since: Feb 11

~ all around ~

#15 Jan 30, 2012
Yes and she is my hairstylist. If anyone is looking Theresia Hughell and Laurie Holt, they are at Bed Heads, located next to Bailey's Bakery.
EANx32 wrote:
<quoted text>
Theresa is pretty nice.
Grams

Leesville, LA

#16 Jan 30, 2012
yup ricks is nice.

“Hang in there”

Since: Apr 11

Hicks

#17 Jan 30, 2012
I don't have any tattoos, yeah I know I am lame, but I know some people with lots of them and discriminating taste and they like mike's

The bat cave

#18 Jan 30, 2012
Mbrooks wrote:
I don't have any tattoos, yeah I know I am lame, but I know some people with lots of them and discriminating taste and they like mike's
You're not lame!! Lol. You're so funny
havemercy

Leesville, LA

#19 Jan 30, 2012
Mbrooks wrote:
How would you like to have a tattoo? LMAO I can picture the hills of Afganistan tattooed beautifully over you back, just rolling hills, and in the mist of those hill, squatting down, an american soldier wearing a helmet, taking a damn crap.LOL LOL LOL LOL

“Hang in there”

Since: Apr 11

Hicks

#20 Jan 30, 2012
havemercy wrote:
<quoted text>How would you like to have a tattoo? LMAO I can picture the hills of Afganistan tattooed beautifully over you back, just rolling hills, and in the mist of those hill, squatting down, an american soldier wearing a helmet, taking a damn crap.LOL LOL LOL LOL
you might be on to something. I am going to see if mike can draw that up for me. Maybe a nice setting sun in the background with my silhouette dropping a deuce in the foreground. But where would I put it? On my upper back, chest? I know, in the small of my back!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Llano Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
find sex tonight in your town free! (Sep '13) 1 hr Kuyyaimak 45
Judge Fontenot Pass out 2 bit Dollar Store HAMS... 6 hr memh 4
What if Police stop patrolling ? Fri memh 8
City property taxes Fri Stanley Fletcher 9
New Llano or Leesville Dec 25 Stanley Fletcher 16
Leesville/Vernon Is Dirty Dec 24 Stanley Fletcher 6
Martial Law !! Dec 23 havemercy 6
New Llano Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web