Is Balderman Still Credible?

Posted in the New Lenox Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
not so fast

Crystal Lake, IL

#1 Sep 20, 2012
In light of what we have learned about our Mayor, do you still find him trustworthy and credible?
Wake Up Sheeple

Chicago, IL

#2 Sep 20, 2012
NO!
pinklady

Chicago, IL

#3 Sep 20, 2012
No, never did.
Mooosbeee

United States

#4 Sep 20, 2012
Not at all. The arrogance of his comments in the paper are revealing. He actually thinks he is entitled to "game the system" like this.

Anyone who has observed him in life knows that he is not disabled. Disability pay is for people who can not make a living at all because of their injury.

The nonsense about how he was disabled because he could not kick a door in is ridiculous. He was the Police Chief --- an adminsitrator, not an officer on the street.

And if he is too disabled to run a police department, how is it he is able to "run" the school district he is now superintendent of?
not so fast

Crystal Lake, IL

#5 Sep 20, 2012
So, the spinning continues in today's paper. Do you think the Sun Times and Herald were lying and printed everything without doing research? If so, I'm sure they could be sued as well for liable, right? IS that happening? Not as far as I can tell.

At the end of the day, the taxpayers of Chicago Ridge are going to be paying for this mess for a long long time. How anyone affiliated with this scam can sleep at night is beyond me.

To all the truly disabled people out there who cannot work as Mayor, Security firm manager or school supt., I'm sorry there is not more aid for you. Others who CAN obviously work to make a living, choose to greedily take funds that would further help you.
Hopefull

Tinley Park, IL

#6 Sep 20, 2012
He's not without fault in life, he broke no laws, and it was public knowledge. It certainly seems he has done no wrong to anyone in New Lenox and it should not be New Lenox community that is outradged by what was given to him legaly. Chicago Ridge is not run as New Lenox is run. NL has most of the same board members or at least a board member that outed the previous mayor for spending tax dollars inappropriately. It wasn't that long ago people. Shame on Chicago Ridge and shame on our state. New Lenox and it's mayor have had a proven track record for working to move the economy forward for their community by improvements to infrastructure and promoting growth in jobs. I am sure there are much fatter cats, we just may not hear about then because they still and milking the cow quietly. I hope this opens the door to real politicians with real deep pockets. Wake up people, he only got what they offered. Who's the stupid one.
disgusted

New Lenox, IL

#7 Sep 20, 2012
Hopefull wrote:
He's not without fault in life, he broke no laws, and it was public knowledge. It certainly seems he has done no wrong to anyone in New Lenox and it should not be New Lenox community that is outradged by what was given to him legaly. Chicago Ridge is not run as New Lenox is run. NL has most of the same board members or at least a board member that outed the previous mayor for spending tax dollars inappropriately. It wasn't that long ago people. Shame on Chicago Ridge and shame on our state. New Lenox and it's mayor have had a proven track record for working to move the economy forward for their community by improvements to infrastructure and promoting growth in jobs. I am sure there are much fatter cats, we just may not hear about then because they still and milking the cow quietly. I hope this opens the door to real politicians with real deep pockets. Wake up people, he only got what they offered. Who's the stupid one.
Just because you can get away with something doesn't make it right.
Baldy

United States

#8 Sep 20, 2012
YES!
for real

Mokena, IL

#9 Sep 21, 2012
Hopefull wrote:
So what you are saying is it's okay to cheat as long as you do it out in the open; and there's always a bigger cheater out there; that makes you a person a good character.

What a convoluted mindset. Sheesh
Hold On

Western Springs, IL

#10 Sep 21, 2012
Hopefull wrote:
Really? Maybe you should read some of the posts on the disability thread. Start with post 80 and learn some of the things that have been done right here in New Lenox.
And to keep money that you know you have not earned and should not be getting is wrong. Especially when that money is for all of the other officers you worked with for years. I cannot fathom your reasoning, that its okay for him to take monies that he has not earned. If he truly is injured, the number that was to be given him tax free was still substantial, somewhere around the $70,000 plus range a year. But you feel that he should get the extra because someone made a "mistake" or more likely knew exactly what they were doing and did this out of friendship. So if you have a friend who is a bank employee and puts an extra $1000 a month in your account, even though you did not ask them to do so, you should get to keep the money. Wrong is wrong on any level.
Appalled

Joliet, IL

#11 Sep 21, 2012
Hopefull wrote:
At the core of every person lies the truth of who they are. It is something I look for when I vote. Some politicians hide it well. Others get found out.
not so fast

Crystal Lake, IL

#12 Sep 21, 2012
for someone who is supposed to be so bright, why on earth did he not call another patrolman to the scene to help remove a body. What was the rush that he could not wait? Poor call for sure. If injury is likely in these situations, do not send in the highest paid person!!

Also, another lesson: do NOT have the pres. of the school board have a spouse that is a principal in the same district. Who on earth thought THIS was a good idea?
just a local

Chicago, IL

#13 Sep 21, 2012
Depends on who is playing in the next triple play.
Mom of two

Wheaton, IL

#14 Sep 21, 2012
The question should be Was he ever credible, lol.
dollar bill

Noblesville, IN

#15 Sep 22, 2012
not so fast wrote:
Also, another lesson: do NOT have the pres. of the school board have a spouse that is a principal in the same district. Who on earth thought THIS was a good idea?
Baldy and his wife are employees by different school districts.
Tina

Des Plaines, IL

#16 Sep 22, 2012
not so fast wrote:
In light of what we have learned about our Mayor, do you still find him trustworthy and credible?
No, what kind of ethics and morals are we teaching our citizens with leadership like this. It is a darn shame that someone could "double dip" with finances like this guy, even if it legal, but I bet barely legal. Resign Mr. Mayor!
Cooked

Mokena, IL

#17 Sep 22, 2012
dollar bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Baldy and his wife are employees by different school districts.
He was school board president at 122 when he voted on a "plan" for raises for administrators which included his spouse. The superintendent pay also benefitted greatly during his tenure (so nice of the superintendent to have campaigned for Baldy in the schools when he was running for mayor).

It pays to be friends with the king of nepotism at Union and with a certain staff member there.

His stint at Union is only for three years, and a reasonable person can expect Baldy to be eyeing that next public sector prize at 122. Boy, that "disability" sure will pay off for him. I hope he can find time in his busy schedule for all those back surgeries he claims he will need.
Unincorporated

Frankfort, IL

#18 Sep 22, 2012
Integrity is what you do when no one is looking. We are all hypocrites, but this guy takes the cake and smashes it into his pie hole in front of the world and defies anyone to tell him he is wrong. He is a liar and a cheat and a theif. I hope he has trouble sleeping for ripping us off. I doubt it though.
ups driver

Mokena, IL

#19 Sep 22, 2012
Unincorporated wrote:
Integrity is what you do when no one is looking. We are all hypocrites, but this guy takes the cake and smashes it into his pie hole in front of the world and defies anyone to tell him he is wrong. He is a liar and a cheat and a theif. I hope he has trouble sleeping for ripping us off. I doubt it though.
hey he could always join the ranks of the dumb and employed and drive for big brown.
teacher

New Lenox, IL

#20 Sep 23, 2012
Sass is cool

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Lenox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The can of worms opened up by DJT.... 1 hr MPMMB 24
Waterworld 1 hr MPMMB 18
Latest School Shooting 2 hr ItsInTheirName 136
FBI and cruz 5 hr MPMMB 34
$215 million Will County Courthouse. 6 hr MPMMB 3
What happens to the women who are pigs and lie ... 6 hr MPMMB 43
Peter Wang 6 hr Rodney 2

New Lenox Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance