Back on track

Chicago, IL

#129 Oct 17, 2012
Now we are back on track. This football stuff is ruining Topix! Topix was created for Rebels and Prospects to bicker online. ya, it has morphed into a bash Sparks, Celtics, Yellow Jackets etc. from time to time, but that is OK. All baseball bashing, all the time, lets keep it that way! Let me kick things off...rebels suck!
Winning

New Lenox, IL

#130 Oct 17, 2012
Back on track wrote:
Now we are back on track. This football stuff is ruining Topix! Topix was created for Rebels and Prospects to bicker online. ya, it has morphed into a bash Sparks, Celtics, Yellow Jackets etc. from time to time, but that is OK. All baseball bashing, all the time, lets keep it that way! Let me kick things off...rebels suck!
So does your son at baseball..
nice try

Minneapolis, MN

#131 Oct 17, 2012
Back on track wrote:
Sounds like someone is tired of hearing about the problems within his own football team and trying to deflect the criticizm elsewhere. Nice try but when the same people continue the same whining at the next warrior game the posts will start flying again. These parents just cant help themselves. Go Knights
Rebel Warrior

Woodridge, IL

#132 Oct 17, 2012
Rebels baseball meeting tonight. Come as it to our faces you bunch of jerks.
lebeR

New Lenox, IL

#133 Oct 17, 2012
There isn't anyone saying anything to your faces. They will pretend to be your friend and continue to attack you behind your back.
Bump

New Lenox, IL

#134 Oct 17, 2012
Why the silence? Perhaps some of the Rebels Board members are the ones causing the drama on here?!?!?!?
how was the meeting

Streator, IL

#135 Oct 18, 2012
Rebel Warrior wrote:
Rebels baseball meeting tonight. Come as it to our faces you bunch of jerks.
I couldn't make it to the meeting last night, mainly because I am tired of hearing the same old mindless babble. I am sure it was a good one. Blah blah blah, rebels are the best, blah blah blah, fields are great, blah blah blah, YellowJacket and Prospects are not match to the Rebels Organization....
Mr Green Jeans

Calumet City, IL

#136 Oct 18, 2012
how was the meeting wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't make it to the meeting last night, mainly because I am tired of hearing the same old mindless babble. I am sure it was a good one. Blah blah blah, rebels are the best, blah blah blah, fields are great, blah blah blah, YellowJacket and Prospects are not match to the Rebels Organization....
Wish you could have made it, I would have bought you a blah blah blah
tomm nutts

Sterling, VA

#137 Oct 18, 2012
If you feel the coaches are 'too tough' on your kid, then perhaps it's time for a tampon and a heating pad, because you're producing a little bitch. They don't yell in mathletes - give that a whirl.
My Name Is Not

New Lenox, IL

#138 Oct 18, 2012
Last year my kid played on the LW team and there were *NO* issues. This year he moved up to JV and, again, no issues. The level of competition amongst the area teams has not changed since I was a kid, neither has the Coaching Staff's urge to produce a winning team.

He comes home and LOVES his team, coaches, and the sport. He doesn't start and doesn't see a ton of playing time during the normal games. 5th Quarter and Wednesdays are more fun because he plays alot. Sure, its frustrating to sit there on Sunday to watch him sit on the sidelines, but we deal with it. We are there for him and his team. I would go watch him race pinebox derby cars all weekend if that's what he wanted to do.
Math star

Chicago, IL

#139 Oct 18, 2012
tomm nutts wrote:
If you feel the coaches are 'too tough' on your kid, then perhaps it's time for a tampon and a heating pad, because you're producing a little bitch. They don't yell in mathletes - give that a whirl.
You are a loser. My kid is a "mathlete" and a football player. If I had to choose one or the other it will be the Mathlete! So in 15 years when your kid is a real bad ass tough guy like his dad, and is beggin my kid for a job.....
CEO

New Lenox, IL

#140 Oct 18, 2012
tomm nutts wrote:
They yell in mathletes for motivation not degradation. Some of you need to get a grip on what is really important.
football fan

Cicero, IL

#141 Oct 18, 2012
tomm nutts wrote:
Dude settle down. I agree that football is a tough sport and yea there are times of yelling and it's not the softest atmosphere but I think your going a little overboard with the tampon comments. Believe me you can be a bad ass but its way cooler to be a smart bad ass on the field and a gentleman off the field.!!
Jet City Woman

Glendale Heights, IL

#142 Oct 18, 2012
I can't wait to see the warriors lose a game when it counts. we will see if they can win the big one. I will be rooting against them along with many other of my girlfriends!
Kindness

New Lenox, IL

#143 Oct 18, 2012
Jet City Woman wrote:
I can't wait to see the warriors lose a game when it counts. we will see if they can win the big one. I will be rooting against them along with many other of my girlfriends!
I am sure the kids appreciate your kind wishes of good luck.
Who cares

Chicago, IL

#144 Oct 18, 2012
Jet City Woman wrote:
Nobody gives a damn who you root for! You and your girlfriends can kiss the Warriors a$$!
Dumb

Chicago, IL

#145 Oct 18, 2012
Jet City Woman wrote:
Scumbag loser,read what you as a grown adult just posted. You need your head examined
Cant wait

Streator, IL

#146 Oct 19, 2012
Dumb wrote:
<quoted text>Scumbag loser,read what you as a grown adult just posted. You need your head examined
Just wait until the Knights match up with Warriors in the playoff. KNights 22 Warrior Pansies 7. Its the varsity level that counts not PP's team.
Kindness

New Lenox, IL

#147 Oct 19, 2012
Cant wait wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wait until the Knights match up with Warriors in the playoff. KNights 22 Warrior Pansies 7. Its the varsity level that counts not PP's team.
You are calling 8th graders pansies? I really wonder about people. Good luck to all the NLYFA teams in the playoffs. It has been a great year for all teams. I am a Warrior, but if a Warrior team doesn't win, I'm rooting for the Knights!!
illogical

Chicago, IL

#148 Oct 19, 2012
I don't get it. The complaints are 1) the coach only cares about winning. (which is the point in competitive sports) 2) the coach only plays his kids and his friends kids 3) his friends kids and his own children don't deserve to play. 4) put in the subs late in the game. Why would a guy who was only concerned about winning put less deserving players on the field, like his own kids or friends kids. You people are unfairly attacking a persons credibility and your argument just isn't rational. You play to win, not to give some bench players playing time over the kids who are working hard every day at practice and have earned the right to play. You don't take playing time away from those who earned it. A kid who has earned the right to play shouldn't sit half the game on the sidelines to appease the parents and give the bench playing time. If you don't like the nature of competition there are alternatives. Have your child join the scouts or music or art or a number of activities that are non-competitive, mentally engaging and developmental. I work in sales. I don't give my sales to my colleagues who aren't cutting it. Kids need to earn their positions too. Seems like the coaching staff is doing something right, they're winning and handily.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Lenox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do Republicans even care about sexual assault? 4 hr Freeman 33
stop whistling at women! 4 hr Freeman 32
It never ends. 5 hr CaptainSbalding 1
Police Officer gets away with murder......this ... 6 hr Sharky 42
THANK You Alabama!! DOUG JONES WINS!! 11 hr Bring it 10
breaking news!!!!! Wed MPMMB 760
Trump needs to golf more! Wed Actually 3

New Lenox Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance