all about the kids

Joliet, IL

#47 Oct 15, 2012
be realistic wrote:
My son is on the team. He plays Wednesday and 5th quarter. He loves his team and gets to play at his level. Although the original post never says why he is a bad coach I can only assume he is mad about playing time. I tell my son if he wants to start keep working hard and he will get his chance. I'm at most practices and every game. Everyone gets fair treatment. If we were to add up his live plays it is probably more than the kids get in the main game. As for zero points allowed he talks about it every day and so do his teammates. It is a great dense of pride for the whole team. Not just a few.
YOu must be dellusional! The only kids that start are coaches kids and kids that play on head coaches baseball team. 9-11 are not as dumb as you think, they are the ones that see it. I dont really think the complaints are about starters its that the non starters dont even feel like part of a team. Those other 30 arent even being developed because they have 6 coaches working with 11 kids and 2 coaches with the other 30 kids. No other Warrior team does this! It is really a shame for a lot of these kids.
Your missing it

Streator, IL

#48 Oct 15, 2012
all about the kids wrote:
<quoted text>
YOu must be dellusional! The only kids that start are coaches kids and kids that play on head coaches baseball team. 9-11 are not as dumb as you think, they are the ones that see it. I dont really think the complaints are about starters its that the non starters dont even feel like part of a team. Those other 30 arent even being developed because they have 6 coaches working with 11 kids and 2 coaches with the other 30 kids. No other Warrior team does this! It is really a shame for a lot of these kids.
Its not about developing the non-starters. It's about preserving the shutout! When we get a lead, we can't put the second string it because we don't want to give up a score. It's more than just the win, it's winning with "attitude". I feel bad for the second string, but it's not development, its the shut-out record.
lol

Minneapolis, MN

#50 Oct 15, 2012
Liar wrote:
<quoted text>
What practice are you watching you freak?! Our coaches coach and develop ALL of the boys!! I bet your kid is the one crying in practice and playing tag on the sideline during the game! Here's your reality check your kid sucks and that's why he doesn't play! Remove him from the team and let him try cheerleading because if dads a spineless prick that won't reveal himself then I'm 100% positive son will be one too!
There's the response I was looking for. Sounds like someone touched a nerve with a previous post. Can't speak of anything reasonable so just bash the kid and the parent. Typical parent in this town. Of course when your kid doesn't start on high school team it will be because of politcs and the coaches fault.
dont go there

Chicago, IL

#52 Oct 15, 2012
Pfreak wrote:
You can't sit on your high horse and say your husbands are involved for the kids. MOST of the time I believe it , as it appears that way, but not in this circumstance. These guys are going for the perfect season for themselves.. To prove they are the greatest coaches to ever step foot on a 10 year old's field. In fact , I personally listened to the head coach brag about he was originally trying to beat CN's record.
Fact is, they are trying to protect their own kids, and select friends' kids. Mainly those select friends who are also involved in other sports so they can protect PP's kids.
It's as clear as day. And if you can't see it, pull all that hair away from your face and open your eyes to reality.
Don't bring up CN! This is the same guy who complains about other coaches playing daddy ball the lets his offensive coach run his kid every other play and doesn't gain a yard. The same guy who gets our coaches suspended for not playing his kid, and then keeps his starters in when he is up 30 points in the second half. the only record he has is fastest exit from the playoffs! Im happy with our team. I hear no bit$%ing in the stands from our parents, only from the JV parents. My guess it that is it the JV parents on her talking it up. Leave us alone, we dont need you.
Prospect

Calumet City, IL

#53 Oct 15, 2012
Come join the Jr. Knights, you all will have more fun over there
Crazy

Streator, IL

#54 Oct 15, 2012
PP is a great coach. So he protects his kid and a few others, that's why they coach. It's obvious some of those kids are very, very average, including his, but the kids behind them are not better. Its the facts!
Daddyball

Frankfort, IL

#55 Oct 15, 2012
Same dads who have ruined travel baseball have made this team a joke, Maybe next year they can start a baseball/football orgaization of their own, With the jerk off Barry brothers and Lynch and Raines involved look out. if their kids didnt get to play or werent superstars they will be starting a new program.
Jealous much

New Lenox, IL

#56 Oct 15, 2012
Daddyball wrote:
Same dads who have ruined travel baseball have made this team a joke, Maybe next year they can start a baseball/football orgaization of their own, With the jerk off Barry brothers and Lynch and Raines involved look out. if their kids didnt get to play or werent superstars they will be starting a new program.
WTF are you talking about? You just put three different teams together by naming people. Raines doesn't even coach with either baseball or football and his son gets his 5 plays.. Lynch has had the best defense in the league for many years and I don't think all of his sons get tons of playing time. The Barry brothers are good at both baseball and football. What I am reading is a post from a jealous spiteful person that might have personal problem with these 3, but have you had the balls to go up to any of them and tell them to their face? I'm sure not. I also want to know how the "team" is a joke, whichever one you are talking about. The whole organization has had a good year.
New Lenox

United States

#57 Oct 15, 2012
This has to STOP NOW! What are you trying to PROVE by naming innocent children! You should be very proud of yourself DADDY BALL! Go get a life and stop staying stuff about these kids. Your feelings toward the organization, coaches or whatever else you have issues with have nothing to do with these kids! Let them love the game and have fun! They are kids. STOP it freaks!
orangemonster

Mokena, IL

#58 Oct 15, 2012
Liar wrote:
<quoted text>
What practice are you watching you freak?! Our coaches coach and develop ALL of the boys!! I bet your kid is the one crying in practice and playing tag on the sideline during the game! Here's your reality check your kid sucks and that's why he doesn't play! Remove him from the team and let him try cheerleading because if dads a spineless prick that won't reveal himself then I'm 100% positive son will be one too!
You are pathetic. Your a bully and I bet your kids are one too. Please re-read your post. You told this person his kid sucks and move him to cheerleading. Heres the problem. People dont speak up because their child will pay the price and you know it too. Some parents spend countless hours working with their kids getting them prepared but may not have a job that allows them to coach. Now you have called this person out saying they wont reveal their name yet you didnt reveal yours either and said something about their CHILD! You called him a spineless pR%&k and his son will be one too. Im ashamed that you are a member of the NLYFA. Your ugliness came out and it is shameful and sad.
Kidding Me

Glenview Nas, IL

#59 Oct 15, 2012
orangemonster wrote:
<quoted text>
You are pathetic. Your a bully and I bet your kids are one too. Please re-read your post. You told this person his kid sucks and move him to cheerleading. Heres the problem. People dont speak up because their child will pay the price and you know it too. Some parents spend countless hours working with their kids getting them prepared but may not have a job that allows them to coach. Now you have called this
person out saying they wont reveal their name yet you didnt reveal yours either and said something about their CHILD! You called him a spineless pR%&k and his son will be one too. Im ashamed that you are a member of the NLYFA. Your ugliness came out and it is shameful and
sad.
You are so off base. This is a unanimous person and kid, yet it is okay for coaches to be named on here and their kids talked about. It is ok for the kids of the coaches who are the ones taking away from their families, jobs, and free time to have to prove themselves twice as hard as any other kid because the first thing someone yells is daddyball. You don't think that the kids of the coaches hear what other parents are saying about them. It is downright cruel. So there is no comparison and maybe people should control themselves because the coaches are adults, but their kids are KIDS just like every other kid on the team and if you have a problem with a coach and let it get back to their kid, you are the scum of the earth.
west side story

Mokena, IL

#60 Oct 15, 2012
white/warriors have come full circle. what used to be a fun, and proud group turned into "we are superior to any other team in the league." and now we are feeding on ourselves. all because a small group of men must win at all costs and not teach all boys the game. it's embarrassing. I agree with "New Lenox", this must stop now.

Since: May 12

Homer Glen, IL

#61 Oct 15, 2012
You all should take a breather !! By the way if this is how you get your enjoyment and competitive fix (10-12 year old athletics) you should readdress YOUR lives. How about just enjoying the moment and enjoying them being kids. Trust me bigger kids = bigger real adult problems not "oh Johnny is on the bench and Joey is starting again etc........" You'll look back and laugh at yourselves......... Enjoy the moment, they get old way too fast.
Middle Ground

Lemont, IL

#62 Oct 15, 2012
Wow, the bashing of coaches, parents and especially the kids by name is disgusting. Appears some of you ar really crossing the line. Everyone's opinion matters but lets be intelligent and civil about it. I'm reading 2 very different extremes. The truth has to lie somewhere in the middle. Parents are hyper sensitive to ther kids, but there may be some issues outside of thier kids playing time that bother them. Find a way to speak to the coach. Parents really have no idea what goes on on the field in terms of the communication between coaches and kids. No one wants to hold thier kids acountable. They just want to place blame and lash out. Voicing your opinions on here is good if you trully dont have a voice with the coaching staff. Stay above the line and lay off bad mouthing each other. No good can come out of that. Coaches believe that its winnig at all costs. They get defensive when their plans are questioned. Hard to comminicate openly to parents with that type of attitude. Coaches need to relaize that it is about the kids and you can win, be successful and allow the kids to have a good time. If people act reasonable, you should be able to call the coach and ask for 5 minutes of his time. You might find out that there ae very legitimate reasosn to the things they do and that a lot of the stuff being said is just stories being created from the stands. If you ask and the coach won't speak to you about your concerns - then he's a jerk and should not be allwoed to coach in the organization again. That's his responsbility as a head coach to address parents concerns so that they know thier kids are being treated fairly and safe while under his watch. Stop the hate, communicate. I bet the kids of the parents complaning are friends with the coaches kids and they enjoy each others company - irony. Peace people, bigger issues today to deal with.
no penalty

Chicago, IL

#63 Oct 15, 2012
west side story wrote:
white/warriors have come full circle. what used to be a fun, and proud group turned into "we are superior to any other team in the league." and now we are feeding on ourselves. all because a small group of men must win at all costs and not teach all boys the game. it's embarrassing. I agree with "New Lenox", this must stop now.
For the record the Jr Warriors were the original "red" and the Jr Knights were the original "white".
FBS

Glenview Nas, IL

#66 Oct 15, 2012
High Five wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree 100%
Agree!!
Bad example

New Lenox, IL

#67 Oct 15, 2012
How dare you "call out" people you don't even know. Did you actually see any of those people named post on here??!! Do you even know any of these people? If you actually do, then you must be a really good friend to talk smack on a forum about them and not to their face. You people posting on here should have yourselves commuted....you are all clearly mentally unstable. If you have a problem with a coach, put your pull ups on and say something...TO THEIR FACE. Cowards!!
Bad example

New Lenox, IL

#68 Oct 15, 2012
*committed*
High Five

Mokena, IL

#72 Oct 16, 2012
delusional wrote:
<quoted text>
if i wanted my son to stand on the sideline for a whole season, i would have joined the mustangs. the difference is, they are up front about it and it costs a whole hell of a lot less than the nlyfa. i hope grove, etc. are paying attention to this. this is not what the nlyfa was supposed to be about.
Football is a competitive sport! If you disagree join the girl scouts!
AMEN

Mokena, IL

#73 Oct 16, 2012
Middle Ground wrote:
Wow, the bashing of coaches, parents and especially the kids by name is disgusting. Appears some of you ar really crossing the line. Everyone's opinion matters but lets be intelligent and civil about it. I'm reading 2 very different extremes. The truth has to lie somewhere in the middle. Parents are hyper sensitive to ther kids, but there may be some issues outside of thier kids playing time that bother them. Find a way to speak to the coach. Parents really have no idea what goes on on the field in terms of the communication between coaches and kids. No one wants to hold thier kids acountable. They just want to place blame and lash out. Voicing your opinions on here is good if you trully dont have a voice with the coaching staff. Stay above the line and lay off bad mouthing each other. No good can come out of that. Coaches believe that its winnig at all costs. They get defensive when their plans are questioned. Hard to comminicate openly to parents with that type of attitude. Coaches need to relaize that it is about the kids and you can win, be successful and allow the kids to have a good time. If people act reasonable, you should be able to call the coach and ask for 5 minutes of his time. You might find out that there ae very legitimate reasosn to the things they do and that a lot of the stuff being said is just stories being created from the stands. If you ask and the coach won't speak to you about your concerns - then he's a jerk and should not be allwoed to coach in the organization again. That's his responsbility as a head coach to address parents concerns so that they know thier kids are being treated fairly and safe while under his watch. Stop the hate, communicate. I bet the kids of the parents complaning are friends with the coaches kids and they enjoy each others company - irony. Peace people, bigger issues today to deal with.
Well put. Too bad the idiot who posted right after you had no class or heart and went even deeper and darker. You had the right idea but now you see what kind of un educated people you are dealing with. Calling out innocent kids and families to make themselves feel better. Thanks for trying.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Lenox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
new lenox pd 11 min Get real 9
Will the REAL Lway taxpayers unite! (Nov '15) 48 min Lies 3,907
Obama 0 for 2 1 hr The Shark 6
I Am the NRA 1 hr Neighbor 56
Renewed Lawsuit accuses Trump of..... 3 hr Stiffy 7
What Means Hillary 3 hr Chicken 9
Brexit bookies 4 hr Sigfried and Roid 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Lenox Mortgages