First Prev
of 15
Next Last
spyder

Orem, UT

#1 Feb 14, 2009
I was curious if anyone here lives in Taylor Glen by Camelot Homes? Looking to build with them and have only seen a few comments on here. I would appreciate only those with first hand knowledge please. Thanks so much!
to spyder

United States

#2 Feb 14, 2009
I have three different friends that moved to Taylor Glen and very happy they did.
spyder

Orem, UT

#3 Feb 14, 2009
So they are pleased with the construction? My parents built with Camelot over 20 yrs ago so I have some positive experience, but that's long ago. The homes look great that they are building in Taylor Glen. What do your friends like most? Would they post? Are you in New Lenox too?
spyder

Orem, UT

#4 Feb 15, 2009
I do appreciate the post. Any info anyone else has is appreciated as well!!!
Nope

United States

#5 Feb 16, 2009
spyder wrote:
So they are pleased with the construction? My parents built with Camelot over 20 yrs ago so I have some positive experience, but that's long ago. The homes look great that they are building in Taylor Glen. What do your friends like most? Would they post? Are you in New Lenox too?
They love Taylor Glen, and very happy with their homes. I don't know if they would post or not, but you certainly go to the developer and ask for references from many of the homeowners there. Yes, I do live in New Lenox and I heard several of the homeowners there were from New Lenox and just moved to a larger home in Taylor Glen. You can also contact someone at the village hall to see if there have been any complaints filed against them if that helps. I did that when I moved to New Lenox to check out areas of concern for water issues and builder problems and they were very helpful.
built with Camelot

AOL

#6 Feb 16, 2009
We do not live in Taylor Glen, but we built with Camelot in another subdivision. We haven't had many problems and are very happy with our home - just make sure they use enough insulation - and I have to say that I HATE the windows!!!!
spyder

Orem, UT

#7 Feb 16, 2009
Thanks for the responses. So far Camelot has been great to work with and has answered allour questions without hesitation. We looked at a number if other builders and liked some by Hartz, but I had some concerns as they just refused to talk to me seriously. Very strange experience.

I hope all works out with Camelot as we really like what we have seen from them this far.
Nope

United States

#8 Feb 16, 2009
spyder wrote:
Thanks for the responses. So far Camelot has been great to work with and has answered allour questions without hesitation. We looked at a number if other builders and liked some by Hartz, but I had some concerns as they just refused to talk to me seriously. Very strange experience.
I hope all works out with Camelot as we really like what we have seen from them this far.
Avoid Hartz. Not heard alot of good things about them and their customer service.
spyder

Orem, UT

#9 Feb 16, 2009
Oh we are done with Hartz. Camelot is our choice just wanted to hear from others who dealt with them too. I appreciate the feedback!!! Just waiting on townhouse in Orland to sell. It's slow going.
150 guy

Mokena, IL

#10 Feb 16, 2009
I ran a backhoe for camelot's plumbing contractor and I never seen any bad or questionable work.
camelot rules

Mokena, IL

#11 Feb 16, 2009
the sales staff are really friendly and great. if susan works there still, she's great. otherwise our neighbors worked with will. he's nice too.
150 guy

Mokena, IL

#12 Feb 16, 2009
Another good builder if you want to live in Lockport is MC Construction.
www mytjcacheyhome com

Schaumburg, IL

#13 Feb 17, 2009
spyder wrote:
Oh we are done with Hartz. Camelot is our choice just wanted to hear from others who dealt with them too. I appreciate the feedback!!! Just waiting on townhouse in Orland to sell. It's slow going.
Parents built with camelot last year and they love the house and the staff. The sales manager Will, is a great guy and handles all problems if any in a timely fashion. I will say, I was not happy with the way the electrician notched the 2x4s to run the conduit. Other than that, I think they did a great job. I built with cachey and it has been a disaster with a home that is falling apart! Good luck with camelot!
spyder

Orem, UT

#14 Feb 17, 2009
We have been working with Will and he has been great. It's nice to see good feedback coming in. My parents built a Camelot Home 20 years ago as I mentioned and like any home it has things they wish were different but have never had any trouble with the house. Nice to see they are still a qualify builder, not easy to find these days.

I am sorry about your home. I had always heard good things about Cachey until recently. Sounds like a change of the guard with Cachey had taken them downhill. That stinks and again I am sorry!

We are ready to build have a contract ready, but it's so slow trying to sell our townhouse that who knows if we will be able to.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.
Not So Sure

Warrenville, IL

#15 Mar 24, 2009
We built with Camelot in Cherry Hill about 8 years ago. It was such a bad experience, we ended up selling the house and moving away. Rude sales people and poor craftsmanship just made it hard to deal with. Hopefully things have changed.
Camelot Fan

New Lenox, IL

#16 Mar 28, 2009
Rude sales people at Camelot?! No way!! Will is awesome and Susan is really helpful too. I dealt with both of them when I built with Camelot, and my friends that just built with Camelot have dealt with Will and he's been the farthest thing from rude.
Plus, the craftsmanship of the home has been top notch!

Maybe there were different people in charge or something, but working with them has been a great experience.
Not Will

Niles, IL

#17 Mar 30, 2009
Camelot Fan wrote:
Rude sales people at Camelot?! No way!! Will is awesome and Susan is really helpful too. I dealt with both of them when I built with Camelot, and my friends that just built with Camelot have dealt with Will and he's been the farthest thing from rude.
Plus, the craftsmanship of the home has been top notch!
Maybe there were different people in charge or something, but working with them has been a great experience.
Think that the poster is probably talking about Gail.
2dogs

New Port Richey, FL

#18 Mar 30, 2009
Built with camelot in 07. House ok windows are awful. Thy use ROW or (rotten old windows). Basement leaked first day we were in the house they did try to fix it. Bad drywall work. Lack of insulation. Not a fan. Will is ok. Susan is gone she was awful not personality to be working with the public. They offer alot of things standard that others dont but just beware because they will shortcut somewhere.
nl lady

New Lenox, IL

#19 Mar 30, 2009
2dogs wrote:
Built with camelot in 07. House ok windows are awful. Thy use ROW or (rotten old windows). Basement leaked first day we were in the house they did try to fix it. Bad drywall work. Lack of insulation. Not a fan. Will is ok. Susan is gone she was awful not personality to be working with the public. They offer alot of things standard that others dont but just beware because they will shortcut somewhere.
Well, I find it VERY hard to believe that Susan would be awful/not a personality to be working with the public. I felt my experience working with Susan was excellent; I couldn't have asked for more. She was polite, courteous, and she cared. She made it her business to make sure things got done right. She was always on the up and up. Susan is EXACTLY the person you would want to deal with. You're probably just a whiny, crotchety negative nelly that was an annoying, nitpicking irritation that wanted things done yesterday, thinking that the world revolved around you. As for "ROW" that is such a cool saying that you had to EXPLAIN.. I highly doubt a new home builder would install "rotton old windows." They may not be the style you wanted, but they certainly wouldn't be of shoddy construction.

And, if Susan was so "awful" as you so claim, you probably deserved it. She was the sweetest person you could ever meet, and I have a hard time believing that she could meet your description.
nl lady

New Lenox, IL

#20 Mar 30, 2009
correction: "rotten"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Lenox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The End of an Error 3 hr Chappelle 13
Democrats should push for presidential candidat... 3 hr Appalled 14
Hillary shuts down the global initiative 4 hr BarbsBush 1
Ringling Bros is gone but say hello to Trumps C... 4 hr BarbsBush 1
Watching congress question cabinet picks.... 6 hr BarbsBush 1
3 doors down releases playlist for yuuuge partay 6 hr BarbsBush 5
George Bush 6 hr BarbsBush 2
LW elections 6 hr Huh 18
Poor ole Paula dean 7 hr EJCDad 23

New Lenox Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Lenox Mortgages