Tim Baldermann
First Prev
of 11
Next Last
New Lenox Resident

Mooseheart, IL

#1 Nov 10, 2007
Does the Mayor have a website set up yet for Congress I would like to see what his issues are.
Not Impressed

AOL

#2 Nov 10, 2007
Maybe he's using the school website - that will be his number one issue.
Wondering

New Lenox, IL

#3 Nov 10, 2007
How can Balderman even represent education? He cannot even get his own education straight. He stated with the usual "Tim SPIN" that he attended the FBI Academy. The Facts are he just took some courses there, alot of people in Law Enforcement do. That does not make them "FBI material" wonder what a full FBI backround check would pull up on him?
Bottom Feeder

AOL

#4 Nov 10, 2007
There is absolutely no substance to this guy. Want him to say what you want? Throw him some cash. He is all spin. It's disgusting that he is using the FBI label for himself. Disgraceful.

Check out what is going on with the school district he was president of - hand in the cookie jar.
Duke

Chicago, IL

#5 Nov 11, 2007
People really seem to have a great amount of feelings on this issue. I am wondering where everyone gets there facts from. How does one know that he only took "some courses" at the FBI academy? How do you know he is liberal on issues? Is it strictly because he takes money from chicago democrats?
How does one konw that he has to scramble to get 1000 signatures for his campaign for congress?. I am not on his side by any means but i am interested to where all these individuals are getting there facts from. I'd like to look myself so i can make an educated decision on my vote. Thank you
real truth

Elgin, IL

#6 Nov 11, 2007
Flush all democrats, Flush all republicans and even the Republicrat named Tim. This country's political system is broke because of the two party system. Independents need to be heard and more prevalant in the future elections.

I like it. Republicrats. haha
wonderwhy

Woodridge, IL

#7 Nov 12, 2007
How come he doesn't have any black police officers on his his police department?
Thinking in Mokena

Frankfort, IL

#8 Nov 13, 2007
Duke wrote:
People really seem to have a great amount of feelings on this issue. I am wondering where everyone gets there facts from. How does one know that he only took "some courses" at the FBI academy? How do you know he is liberal on issues? Is it strictly because he takes money from chicago democrats?
How does one konw that he has to scramble to get 1000 signatures for his campaign for congress?. I am not on his side by any means but i am interested to where all these individuals are getting there facts from. I'd like to look myself so i can make an educated decision on my vote. Thank you
Good for you!! I like a thinker! Great questions! Check out leeforcongress2008.com There you'll find facts. Lee is our next 11th District Congressman. Keep educating yourself, you'll learn Lee is a straight shooter -- no messy baggage. A servant and a gentleman.
Thinking in Mokena

Frankfort, IL

#9 Nov 13, 2007
New Lenox Resident wrote:
Does the Mayor have a website set up yet for Congress I would like to see what his issues are.
Looking to read on issues?? Check out leeforcongress2008.com !! No bones about it, Lee has posted his policies, ready for all to see. Don't worry about the Mayor, Lee is the one to watch.
Thinking in Mokena

Frankfort, IL

#10 Nov 13, 2007
Bottom Feeder wrote:
There is absolutely no substance to this guy. Want him to say what you want? Throw him some cash. He is all spin. It's disgusting that he is using the FBI label for himself. Disgraceful.
Check out what is going on with the school district he was president of - hand in the cookie jar.
Listen, let's stop looking at the Bottom Feeder concept and investigate Lee. He has a bigger picture. Tired of dirt? Lee is a clean candidate. Honest. You want substance? Lee is your man. Integrity concerns? Look no further. You will not find a person on the face of this earth who does not like Lee. Lee would give you the shirt off his own back. I am honored to have him on our ballot representing 11th District.
concerned

Elgin, IL

#11 Nov 13, 2007
I heard that he does not even live in the district or just moved into it last month when he decided to run. Is that the type of candidate that knows what our District needs?
Thinking in Mokena

Frankfort, IL

#12 Nov 14, 2007
You sound like a good thinker with excellent concerns -- I like that! Just look at Lee's stand on the issues. Then ask yourself, does he know what our District needs. Pro-National Defense, Pro-Fiscal Responsibility, Pro-Business Growth, Pro-2nd Amendment, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Pro-Marriage Amendment (a man + a woman), Tough on Immigration Issues. The man is an others-oriented, servant. Take a look at his record. It speaks for itself. Believe me, we will not regret Jimmy in Washington, serving us, the 11th District. Lee is our conservative voice.
Former Chicago Resident

AOL

#13 Nov 14, 2007
Does it really matter about Tim's personal life I grew up in Chicago Ridge in a Domestic Violence home I met Tim when I was 8 I am now 28 and when I was kid he always made sure we got Xmas gifts.
New Lenox Mom Too

Elmhurst, IL

#14 Nov 14, 2007
Yes, it does. Just because Mr. Balderman did right by you - does not make it o.k. for him to do the opposite by someone else. Thank the lord that you were helped by the "good" side of Mr. Balderman.

On another note, one might see that some domestic violence in the home begins due to spousal philandering. While this might not have been in your case, again, you are the lucky one.
Keep it clean

United States

#15 Nov 15, 2007
I hope TB refrains from using the mayoral position for campaigning purposes, such as negative comments about opponents, directly or indirectly, during board meetings.
New Lenox Mom Too

Elmhurst, IL

#16 Nov 15, 2007
Hey - can someone clarify for me? In the Joliet Herald News today there is an article with direct quotes from Balderman:

Mayor defends decision
NEW LENOX SCHOOL BOARD RAISES

November 15, 2007
By Patrick Ferrell Staff Writer
NEW LENOX -- Saying he "was voting on a plan, not a salary," New Lenox Mayor Tim Baldermann defended his 2006 school board vote that paved the way for his wife, school principal Megan Baldermann, to receive an $8,500 stipend.

"I never voted on any of Megan's raises," Baldermann said. "What I did vote on is an educational services plan."

HOWEVER, this is what the District 122 website states in answer to this very question:

"Q. Were the pay raises approved by the board?

A. Yes they were on April 25, 2007 when Beth Brouwer, Sue Smith, Maureen Broderick, Jim Trolia, Kathy Sigrist and Marc Papa were on the board. They all voted for the increases. Stipends were approved the previous year (on Sept. 6, 2006) for administrators who took on extra duties after Associate Superintendent Karin Evans left the district. All board members -- except Maureen Broderick, who was absent from the Sept. 6 meeting voted in favor of the stipends."

The District site states that it was stipends (which is money in this case) that were voted on on Sept. 6th - not just a "plan". It also states that "All board members -- except Maureen Broderick, who was absent from the Sept. 6 meeting - voted in favor of the stipends."

All board members would mean that includes Balderman when voting on stipends (money). Which one is the truth - the district website or the Joliet Herald News?
doh

Chicago, IL

#17 Nov 15, 2007
New Lenox Mom Too wrote:
Hey - can someone clarify for me? In the Joliet Herald News today there is an article with direct quotes from Balderman:
Mayor defends decision
November 15, 2007
NEW LENOX -- Saying he "was voting on a plan, not a salary," New Lenox Mayor Tim Baldermann defended his 2006 school board vote that paved the way for his wife, school principal Megan Baldermann, to receive an $8,500 stipend.
"I never voted on any of Megan's raises," Baldermann said. "What I did vote on is an educational services plan."
HOWEVER, this is what the District 122 website states in answer to this very question:
A. Yes they were on April 25, 2007 when Beth Brouwer, Sue Smith, Maureen Broderick, Jim Trolia, Kathy Sigrist and Marc Papa were on the board. They all voted for the increases. Stipends were approved the previous year (on Sept. 6, 2006) for administrators who took on extra duties after Associate Superintendent Karin Evans left the district. All board members -- except Maureen Broderick, who was absent from the Sept. 6 meeting voted in favor of the stipends."
The District site states that it was stipends (which is money in this case) that were voted on on Sept. 6th - not just a "plan". It also states that "All board members -- except Maureen Broderick, who was absent from the Sept. 6 meeting - voted in favor of the stipends."
All board members would mean that includes Balderman when voting on stipends (money). Which one is the truth - the district website or the Joliet Herald News?
Hey, Jim Trolia is one of Baldermans police officers! how convenient is that! Does he get a raise too?
Zzzzz

Park Forest, IL

#18 Nov 16, 2007
New Lenox Mom Too wrote:
Mayor defends decision
November 15, 2007
When the stipends were voted on it was a pool of money that the administrators woudl get for picking up the work that Karin Evans did. It didn't state which administrator would get what monies. He never voted on how much Megan Balderman would get. Peggy Manville deciced on the amounts after the school board approved it.
conflict

AOL

#19 Nov 16, 2007
His current wife is a principal/administrator. He voted on the stipends to be spread amongst administrators. There is the conflict.
New Lenox Mom Too

Elmhurst, IL

#20 Nov 16, 2007
The question wasn't whether he voted on how much his wife received, the question was that he knew she was up to receive it and he should never have been involved as soon as STIPENDS were mentioned for administrators. Didn't the plan also stipulate that it was the most senior administrator in the District for each level as well?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Lenox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Latest School Shooting 8 min Dennyk 124
breaking news!!!!! (Jul '17) 2 hr Sharky 948
Trump Sux 2 hr Sharky 6
Last Post Wins (Sep '12) 4 hr _FLATLINE-------- 905
Waterworld 5 hr BIlko 12
FBI and cruz 5 hr OooohSnap 30
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' 15 hr texas pete 86

New Lenox Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance