NRA - Real Solution
Professor

United States

#1 Dec 21, 2012
The NRA made a statement in regards to the tragic school shooting in New Town. Take down the "Gun Free Zone" signs and replace them with REAL ARMED GUARDS trained by the NRA. I COULD NOT AGREE MORE.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#2 Dec 21, 2012
Professor wrote:
The NRA made a statement in regards to the tragic school shooting in New Town. Take down the "Gun Free Zone" signs and replace them with REAL ARMED GUARDS trained by the NRA. I COULD NOT AGREE MORE.
I can agree only to a point with this. While I fully support the NRA, and American's right to own and carry weapons. This suggestion by them, would sort of cheapen part of the American way of life. If you have armed guards at school, what a great way to make us look like a third world country. The point of freedom, is not just to have it, but to feel like you are actually free.

Imagine being a kid and everyday going to school you have to go through security and pass armed guards. Would you really feel like you live in a free and wonderful country?

I don't think any sort of gun control is the answer to what is going on, I honestly don't have any suggestions where we should go from here. The only thing I am sure of is if the govt. starts taking our liberties and freedoms, then it will only get worse. The criminals will always be criminals, they are already breaking laws, what's going to stop them from breaking one more. Only the law-abiding citizen is going to be the victim in this whole aftermath.
hold on

Naperville, IL

#3 Dec 21, 2012
Velociraptor-bacon Waffle wrote:
<quoted text>
I can agree only to a point with this. While I fully support the NRA, and American's right to own and carry weapons. This suggestion by them, would sort of cheapen part of the American way of life. If you have armed guards at school, what a great way to make us look like a third world country. The point of freedom, is not just to have it, but to feel like you are actually free.
Imagine being a kid and everyday going to school you have to go through security and pass armed guards. Would you really feel like you live in a free and wonderful country?
I don't think any sort of gun control is the answer to what is going on, I honestly don't have any suggestions where we should go from here. The only thing I am sure of is if the govt. starts taking our liberties and freedoms, then it will only get worse. The criminals will always be criminals, they are already breaking laws, what's going to stop them from breaking one more. Only the law-abiding citizen is going to be the victim in this whole aftermath.
I dont think the point of armed officers in the schools out here to prevent the students from bringing in contraband, although it may help deter that. The point is to have armed officers to take quick action were it to become necessary to prevent or discourage the action from taking place altogether. I expect you to police your own child, and I will do the same with mine. It is the mentally disturbed madman I am trying to protect them from. I have been in the schools lately and the kids were more than happy to see a police presence and so were the parents and teachers.
Now on a practical and financial aspect, I dont know that this type of thing is ever going to happen. I had already given a plan on the school shooting thread that could easily work and for not that much money, but even so I dont see it happening here.
Concerned Citizen

Chicago, IL

#4 Dec 21, 2012
Unbelivable doublespeak from the mouth of NRAVice President Wayne LaPierre today. A few points to consider in the arguement:

1. Columbine had an armed Deputy Sheriff assigned to the school. Did that stop the tragedy?- NO!

2. Controlling violent video games - show me the correlation between these games and violence? Aren't these types of games protected by the 1st Amendment (Freedom of Speech). How can you argue that rights granted under the 2nd Amendment trump 1st Amendment rights?

3. National database for the mentally ill? Again, how can you make the arguement that there SHOULD NOT be a national database of guns but there SHOULD be a national database for the mentally ill?

I thought the NRA was about protecting constitutional rights but apparently they are just interested in their guns.
Professor

United States

#5 Dec 21, 2012
Velociraptor-bacon Waffle wrote:
<quoted text>
Well thought out statement. I agree with you. You make great points. I feel if everybody has an opportunity to defend themselves, you can't ask for anything better than that. They post those gun free zone signs all over schools inviting the nuts in. The children are to young to defend themselves. I thought a armed guard was a good idea. Not an army walking the halls, just one in every school as a deterrent, a show of force. Let the criminals know they will have resistance.
Professor

United States

#6 Dec 21, 2012
Concerned Citizen wrote:
Unbelivable doublespeak from the mouth of NRAVice President Wayne LaPierre today. A few points to consider in the arguement:
1. Columbine had an armed Deputy Sheriff assigned to the school. Did that stop the tragedy?- NO!
2. Controlling violent video games - show me the correlation between these games and violence? Aren't these types of games protected by the 1st Amendment (Freedom of Speech). How can you argue that rights granted under the 2nd Amendment trump 1st Amendment rights?
3. National database for the mentally ill? Again, how can you make the arguement that there SHOULD NOT be a national database of guns but there SHOULD be a national database for the mentally ill?
I thought the NRA was about protecting constitutional rights but apparently they are just interested in their guns.
Wow! I didn't hear that. I don't agree with him on those points if he stated that.
Unincorporated

Frankfort, IL

#7 Dec 21, 2012
We guard money better than we guard against violence to our children. Wise up! Only a good guy with a gun can stop a bad guy with a gun!
With all the waste in our already bloated budgets we should find room to hire police to be at every school. Armed and trained. No more shooting fish in a barrel for these whack jobs. This makes so much sense to me that it's incredible we haven't had it already.
Gun free zone, bah! What a joke. Like the nutcase is going to say to himself, "I can't bring my gun in that school!" Meanwhile the kids are sitting ducks. That is just plain wrong.
Protect our kids

Macon, GA

#8 Dec 21, 2012
I think that every teacher that wants to get trained to use a gun and carry it should be allowed to. Also any others that don't want to carry a gun, but would like to carry mace or other form of protection should be allowed. They are the front line of protection and should have the right to defend the kids and themselves. Police can only react and it takes time. If schools do not have anyone that wants trained and to be able to carry we should then look at having armed guards at those schools. We then need to make sure that the word goes out to everyone that the schools are armed. That we will not tolerate anyone hurting our kids again.
I hate liberals

New Lenox, IL

#9 Dec 21, 2012
Liberals would rather send US money to Africa to help aids Pts., Ethiopia to help hunger South America to stop west nile and on and. On with stuff that the US supports with tax payer money that adds up to pissing in the wind. Keep our money here. Save our own kids. From our own crazy people, and use our money to help to stop more people from going crazy. Screw the rest of the world.
Four More Years

New Lenox, IL

#10 Dec 21, 2012
Concerned Citizen wrote:

Great post!
Unincorporated

Frankfort, IL

#11 Dec 21, 2012
Well the NRA came up with a battle plan. That is more than I can say for Zero. Outlawing rifles that can fire 30 rounds or so at a fast rate or outlawing high capacity clips does nothing to protect our children from these nutcases. He and his minions have come up with, well, zero. Except to make it against the law to have these things. This does nothing to protect our children and they need protection today. Not tomorrow or the next day, now! Crazies don't pay attention to laws in case you didn't notice. I am a Life Member and Golden Eagle of the NRA.
Unincorporated

Frankfort, IL

#12 Dec 21, 2012
I think we should at least try it. What do we have to lose except money. We seem to have plenty of that for Zero's excursion to Hawaii for Christmas! If you have a better idea, let's hear it.
Professor

United States

#13 Dec 22, 2012
Unincorporated wrote:
I think we should at least try it. What do we have to lose except money. We seem to have plenty of that for Zero's excursion to Hawaii for Christmas! If you have a better idea, let's hear it.
I agree. Obama is a HUGE problem for this country. He has no logical solutions to any problem. His only offerings are further destruction.
Mr Me

Chicago, IL

#14 Dec 22, 2012
I hate liberals wrote:
Liberals would rather send US money to Africa to help aids Pts., Ethiopia to help hunger South America to stop west nile and on and. On with stuff that the US supports with tax payer money that adds up to pissing in the wind. Keep our money here. Save our own kids. From our own crazy people, and use our money to help to stop more people from going crazy. Screw the rest of the world.
Agree 1000 % You are right. I have felt this way for many years. The Gov. is WAY to concerned with everyone else and don't give a dam about us.
Professor

United States

#15 Dec 22, 2012
I hate liberals wrote:

I HATE what liberals are doing to this country. Destroying It. I HATE the liberal ideology. Punish the responsible people and reward the irresponsible. Their thinking is backwards.
f -all- thebs

New Lenox, IL

#16 Dec 22, 2012
how about we end this all with a current or wanted weapon owners signing a release off all HIPPA information regarding to mental illness? There are ICD9/ICD10 codes specific to mental illness. If there is no info to be had you gun holders have nothing to worry about right? The stipulation would apply to you or anyone within your household.
But let me guess, all you gun holdesr would say no to that.... right? It will not stop an other wise sane person from going off but it does put something in place to keep the mentally ill away from easy access.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Lenox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
So who's the best candidate for NL road commiss... 5 hr Aware resident 19
Abandoned Eyesore at Cedar & Rt 30 (Andy's Supply) (Aug '10) 7 hr Homie 27
Nicole Homer 7 hr proud american 2
More Freedom Lost! 17 hr Fight for your fr... 8
Im President 18 hr who sets the market 4
About AHCA 18 hr who sets the market 7
Firemen are overpaid (Mar '11) 21 hr My name is Joe 345

New Lenox Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance