Dogs barking all day/all night

Posted in the New Lenox Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
KLF

Mount Prospect, IL

#1 Sep 23, 2008
Who can we call in regards to dogs barking all day and all night? A neighbor of mine puts her dog on a leash outside from at least 10:00 am until 8 or 9 pm EVERDAY. And it just barks and barks. Which is very annoying, yes, but also seems to be rather cruel, no? The backyard also has no shade.
big mamma

Van Nuys, CA

#2 Sep 23, 2008
here's a quarter call someone who cares, maybe the police you idiot. maybe talk to your neighbor or close your windows. don't waste your time posting this. FIND A HOBBY.
KLF

Mount Prospect, IL

#3 Sep 23, 2008
I can post whenever and whatever I want. It's not any worse than your lame post.
home loan-explains alot

AOL

#4 Sep 23, 2008
KLF wrote:
Who can we call in regards to dogs barking all day and all night? A neighbor of mine puts her dog on a leash outside from at least 10:00 am until 8 or 9 pm EVERDAY. And it just barks and barks. Which is very annoying, yes, but also seems to be rather cruel, no? The backyard also has no shade.
call the city police -town police-village office -county police-state police-FBI??
somebody besides this forum --
-if if starts raining go inside-
-in case this was the next question.
no thanks needed
should do should do
Grow Up

Chicago, IL

#6 Sep 23, 2008
Here is an idea...how about get a backbone and talk to you neighbor. Whatever happened to knowing your neighbors and actually communicating with them? It sounds like you just peer out the window of your boring sterile house in your boring suburban subdivision. Get out of your aluminum sided palace and act like an adult!
KLF

Mount Prospect, IL

#8 Sep 23, 2008
Grow Up wrote:
Here is an idea...how about get a backbone and talk to you neighbor. Whatever happened to knowing your neighbors and actually communicating with them? It sounds like you just peer out the window of your boring sterile house in your boring suburban subdivision. Get out of your aluminum sided palace and act like an adult!
Sorry to disappoint you, but I have a backbone. And I have talked to them with no resolution. And, yes, I do know my neighbors. Was just asking for an opinion from my fellow New Lenox residents. Didn't realize that people would be so rude. Wow, do I feel sorry for your neighbors.
New Lenox Mom Too

Warrenville, IL

#9 Sep 23, 2008
KLF wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to disappoint you, but I have a backbone. And I have talked to them with no resolution. And, yes, I do know my neighbors. Was just asking for an opinion from my fellow New Lenox residents. Didn't realize that people would be so rude. Wow, do I feel sorry for your neighbors.
If you live in the Village of New Lenox, there is a new ordinance that prohibits an owner from letting their dog bark consistently for a certain period of time (I don't recall the exact length, but I believe it is no more than 10 minutes at a time). Since you state that talking to your neighbors does not have any effect, call the police to enforce the ordinance.
Wow

Northbrook, IL

#10 Sep 24, 2008
It still amazes me that some people are so rude and ignorant. If you didnt have anything to say to help, is your life so pathethic that you have so say rude things? Heres a tip people that do now own dogs do not care to hear them bark for endless hours, we also pay taxes and have to right to enjoy peace. Fortunately I do not have neighbors who are that inconsiderate. Unfortunately, the rude people that post here do have neighbors and I feel sorry for them because I'm sure your the ones with the yappy dogs.
Nlparent

Mokena, IL

#11 Sep 24, 2008
New Lenox Mom Too wrote:
<quoted text> If you live in the Village of New Lenox, there is a new ordinance that prohibits an owner from letting their dog bark consistently for a certain period of time (I don't recall the exact length, but I believe it is no more than 10 minutes at a time). Since you state that talking to your neighbors does not have any effect, call the police to enforce the ordinance.
Yes that is also the case in township which you have to call Will county animal control. The owner of the barking dog will receive a letter in the mail. Then if it continues you will have to prove your case in court.
Ronnie Woo Woo

United States

#12 Sep 24, 2008
I would have to suggest calling a White Sox fan. Im sure the sound from his crying and weeping would drown out any loud dog! 2 more games at Minn and "he gone"
Barky bark bark

Chicago, IL

#13 Sep 24, 2008
Really. Dogs bark. That is part of their personality. If the owner is inconsiderate, then report them to the humane society.

I sat through one of those city court calls on a dog running at large complaint. It was a waste of time.

The NL police have better things to do than police neighbors. The high school kids are doing drugs, vandalizing property and doing other ridiculous things, which the police should be dealing with rather than some yippy dog. Cripes.
sharon

Frankfort, IL

#14 Sep 24, 2008
our poor neighbor has to put a beeping shock collar on her dog cuz the creepy fella who lives next to her turned her in. really, i never heard this dog bark. and now, we have a dog. he doesn't bark often, nor for too long. it isn't his breeds nature as it is my neighbors dog. this same guy turned me into police for using a staple hammer (man powered, not any power device) indoor at 11pm. the police were so nice to me. they laughed at the fella but did tell me i couldn't do construction so late at nite. they were very kind. so, the next morning i got up, took my kids boom box outta the attic at 4a.m. and sang jimmy buffett's changes in attitudes at the top of my lungs, standing in a snow bank at the corner of his lot. he hasn't bothered me since. i do believe he is a little afraid of my nature. i also think he doesn't like to get up at 4 a.m.
sharon

Frankfort, IL

#15 Sep 24, 2008
advice for fella with the barking dog neighbor: i would get a cd of bad bad lee roy brown and play it really loud and sing to it every time their dog started barking. i bet you can train the owners to get the dog to stop barking. it will help if you are a really lousy vocalist.
Appalled

Wilmington, IL

#16 Sep 25, 2008
Annoyed In Illinois wrote:
<quoted text>
They nailed my neighbor (who I don't talk to anyhow).
Was anyone out there really surprised by this?
Appalled

Wilmington, IL

#18 Sep 25, 2008
Annoyed In Illinois wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk to y'all later!
We wait with bated breath.
Pixie in the city

Bolingbrook, IL

#19 Sep 25, 2008
KLF wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, I can't believe people just let their dogs bark non stop. That would drive me crazy listening to that.
sharon

Frankfort, IL

#20 Sep 26, 2008
i tell ya, singing one time works!

Since: Apr 07

New Lenox, IL

#21 Oct 3, 2008
sharon wrote:
so, the next morning i got up, took my kids boom box outta the attic at 4a.m. and sang jimmy buffett's changes in attitudes at the top of my lungs, standing in a snow bank at the corner of his lot. he hasn't bothered me since.
If only our town had more residents like you! Solving problems with..interesting..solutions! Instead of a gun, thank god.

Our neighboors on the corner of Ceder & 2nd have a huge fenced in yard and have kept dogs for at LEAST 30 years. The only thing that ever miffed me about them is when they kept this poor German Sheperd in a little fenced-in area opposite my bedroom and din't take care of the dog. Dear god..the smell...

They've had a dog for a few years now that barks like other dogs wag their tail, but it honestly didn't bother me after awhile. I'm more concerned about the animal's health and welfare then acting like some stuck-up rich b*tch trying to tell other people to do with their property and such.

Of course, they never complain about the heavy metal coming from our tool shed, so sometimes it's nice to give each other a little space and slack.=3
fool

United States

#22 Oct 4, 2008
big mamma wrote:
here's a quarter call someone who cares, maybe the police you idiot. maybe talk to your neighbor or close your windows. don't waste your time posting this. FIND A HOBBY.
Nice work!! next time shut your face!!
You can call the humane society and they will monitor the situation. If the dog is being neglected (no shelter, water) they will remove the dog, your neighbor never has to know it was you!
Inhumane

New Lenox, IL

#23 Oct 11, 2008
I kinda feel sorry for the dog, depending on what kind it is, it's kind of cruel to leave them out on a lease all day long like that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Lenox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LA Fitness officially coming to New Lenox! (Apr '14) 1 hr Grand Dragon 30
business owner lives it up 1 hr Your First Grade ... 2
Sandy Hook was a False Flag Event 1 hr Patriotatortot 253
Does anyone else like to put a face to people's... 1 hr Black Eye 4
NKoea Finally Gets One Right 6 hr Four More Years 10
America is the Fattest 6 hr Sharky 12
Thanks Senator Cruz 7 hr Patriot 77
Pizza king sign 7 hr Roofee 79
New Lenox Dating
Find my Match