31 yr old New Lenox male Killed by Train

Posted in the New Lenox Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Numa

Carol Stream, IL

#1 Jun 21, 2009
Metra officials were investigating the death of a 31-year-old New Lenox man who was killed after a Metra train struck him as he sat near the tracks in Oak Forest.

The accident occurred at 11:55 p.m. Saturday evening as the Rock Island 231 train was pulling into the Oak Forest station, 4850 West 159th St. It had left Chicago at 11:05 p.m. and was scheduled to arrive in Joliet at 12:26 a.m., said Michael Gillis, a Metra spokesman.

Gillis said that as the train was pulling into the station, the engineer noticed a man sitting on gravel area near the tracks. The man was leaning forward and had his arms crossed around his knees.

The engineer applied the brakes but was not able to stop in time. The man was struck and thrown, Gillis said.

The man's name has not been released pending notification of his family. An autopsy is scheduled for today, a spokeswoman for the Cook County medical examiner's office said.
Numa

Carol Stream, IL

#2 Jun 21, 2009
How terrible to hear of such tradgic news. Prayers go to his family and friends. No judgement of this young man. May God accept him with open arms.
Father Phleger

AOL

#3 Jun 21, 2009
People who kill themselves automatically go to Hell! What's with New Lenox and all the train suicides? This town is EVIL!
Unincorporated

Frankfort, IL

#4 Jun 21, 2009
That's Oak Forest you dipstick!
Brandy

New Lenox, IL

#5 Jun 21, 2009
Nobody is sure if it was intentional or an accident. From what I've read and have heard it seems like it was an accident. This guy was a old friend of mine. It hurts me to think of what happened to him last night. It's terrible! He was probably just waiting for the train to come home. His family and friends are devistated. It would be nice if people didn't jump to concluses, and bash a man they did not know. What happened in March is a completely different story. I unfortunetly had to witness that, and watch people say hurtful things on here about that man. Please try to refrain from writing terrible things about my friend. My sympathy goes out to his family. He will be missed, but never forgotten.
Just Wondering

Palos Hills, IL

#6 Jun 21, 2009
Brandy wrote:
Nobody is sure if it was intentional or an accident. From what I've read and have heard it seems like it was an accident. This guy was a old friend of mine. It hurts me to think of what happened to him last night. It's terrible! He was probably just waiting for the train to come home. His family and friends are devistated. It would be nice if people didn't jump to concluses, and bash a man they did not know. What happened in March is a completely different story. I unfortunetly had to witness that, and watch people say hurtful things on here about that man. Please try to refrain from writing terrible things about my friend. My sympathy goes out to his family. He will be missed, but never forgotten.
Can you tell us who it is? There is nothing in the local news about this...
Sorry to hear that your friend is gone....
Numa

Carol Stream, IL

#7 Jun 21, 2009
I did hear this was a young man that lived on the 800 block of Prairie. Unincorporated New Lenox. Just N E of gas city at cedar & ill hwy. I do think I know of this man, but am not sure if it's him. Can anyone tell us who this mans name is?

Sorry for his family & friends loss..... No person should feel the sadness or depression of taking their own life, IF that is what happened. I know he is now in Gods arms. Please pray for him, and his family.
dimitrios nakos

Pasadena, TX

#8 Jun 21, 2009
Numa wrote:
I did hear this was a young man that lived on the 800 block of Prairie. Unincorporated New Lenox. Just N E of gas city at cedar & ill hwy. I do think I know of this man, but am not sure if it's him. Can anyone tell us who this mans name is?
Sorry for his family & friends loss..... No person should feel the sadness or depression of taking their own life, IF that is what happened. I know he is now in Gods arms. Please pray for him, and his family.
this was my best friend he was a tortured soul his girl friend killed herself 15 years ago with child I loved kevin with all my heart he had a heart of gold his mother and I have been trying to help him for some time he was a man of dignaty . Kevin kodatt was one of the best friends any one could have he made me realize that there are truly good people left in this world .I gave him a plavce to stay and he was just getting his life back together this was not a suicide but a terrible accident I love you kevin rest in piece
Friend of a Friend

Bettendorf, IA

#9 Jun 21, 2009
This man's name was Kevin Kodatt. My family and I have been very close friends with him for many, many years! R.I.P. KRAZY KEVIN KODATT. You will be forgotten, but NEVER missed.
Friend of a Friend

Bettendorf, IA

#10 Jun 21, 2009
Thanks, Brandy, for voicing your opionion! Most people should just close their mouthes prior to jumping to conclusions. ESPECIALLY when they have no idea what happened, they don't know the story NOR the person, in full. Assuming only makes the assumer look like an ass. Leave the judging up to the ONE person who has all right to judge. R.I.P KEVIN!
dimitrios nakos

Pasadena, TX

#11 Jun 21, 2009
Father Phleger wrote:
People who kill themselves automatically go to Hell! What's with New Lenox and all the train suicides? This town is EVIL!
screw you you piece of crap who are you to judge. One day you will be judged and that my friend will be poetic justice when you are put in your place this was not suicide but a treagety and he has plenty of people that love him to suppport this hope you never have to go trough this with any body god bless may heaven take kevin with open arms he is one great person withmany great qualitys love ya kev dimitios nakos with you forever and I will be there for your ma till the end
Friend of a Friend

Bettendorf, IA

#12 Jun 21, 2009
AMEN dimitrios!!! A friggin MEN
dimitrios nakos

Pasadena, TX

#13 Jun 21, 2009
Ill always remember kevin he was a man with lots of love and dignaty though he had many problems he was always optimistic a true friend that willl never be forgotten he always called with such a glow and made things seem so good he really looked at me as his best friend and I comply kevin you are and always will be my boy this is a great tragity and his mother sharen my heart and love go to you anything you need let me know I will be having a bennifit to try to give him a proper barrial . He is and always will be my bud I love you kev ill see ya when its my time.
dimitrios nakos

Pasadena, TX

#14 Jun 21, 2009
Friend of a friend who are you
Friend of a Friend

Bettendorf, IA

#15 Jun 21, 2009
part of the olds family
Friend of a Friend

Bettendorf, IA

#16 Jun 21, 2009
and it's very nice to know that kevin has someone like you in his life that isn't going to just tip a drink to his memory, you are his memory. great there are still humans like you in this world. that's awesome and i give you props!
dimitrios nakos

Pasadena, TX

#17 Jun 21, 2009
Thank you for that I wanted a soulution not to add to his problem the olds are true peeps love ya jimmy and gary aka muggs
u make me sick

Mokena, IL

#18 Jun 21, 2009
Father Phleger wrote:
You fathers and church is what makes me sick. You judge others so quickly but you are the ones who are fondling little boys , I thought molestation was a sin . You are the true sinners father , you probably have a few little alter boys with you right now. You ruin peoples lives and then expect them to grow up as respectable adults? The person you speak of is dead and you stand in front of people and preach god? Ha what god when theres scum on the earth like you!
Mike

Elgin, IL

#19 Jun 22, 2009
u make me sick wrote:
<quoted text>
You fathers and church is what makes me sick. You judge others so quickly but you are the ones who are fondling little boys , I thought molestation was a sin . You are the true sinners father , you probably have a few little alter boys with you right now. You ruin peoples lives and then expect them to grow up as respectable adults? The person you speak of is dead and you stand in front of people and preach god? Ha what god when theres scum on the earth like you!
It's a troll post. Father Phleger was the guy that went off on the stupid rant during the presidential campaign last year. You're better off ignoring it.
Friend of a Friend

Bettendorf, IA

#20 Jun 22, 2009

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Lenox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ferguson (Nov '14) 48 min Professor 197
Bernie Sanders turns the table on Chuck Todd wi... 4 hr CRUZ IS A HYPOCRITE 6
Ted Cruz Backs Big Government For Texans The ... 7 hr CRUZ IS A HYPOCRITE 16
Truth May Not Be Pretty 7 hr BUT PATRIOTS TUTU IS 12
Pictures Of Molester Josh Duggar With Ted Cruz,... 10 hr CRUZ and DUGGAR BFF 8
New Lenox needs Park police & aldermen 10 hr No Park In Taylor... 4
Country Clinton 20 hr Patriot 6
More from around the web

New Lenox People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE