Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52055 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#34982 Jul 29, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow...you people really are suggesting believing in a god "just in case."
What a horrible way to live one's life.
Living one's life by the Maker's instruction manual is "a horrible way to live one's life"???

Do you think your Maker knows what is best for you???
mahz_

United States

#34983 Jul 29, 2012
It about the accumulation of wealth. Just like the first couple books of acts prescribe communism as the proper way for Christian societies to be.

of course your going to make up your own interpretations to force your modern evil way of living into the framework of Christianity.He completely rejected materialism and possessions and was an avowed pacifist. I bet you support the troops dont you?

The Christianity preached in American churches today bear so little resemblance to the preaching of Christ.

Location hidden

#34984 Jul 29, 2012
mahz_ wrote:
<quoted text>
If you dont see her being judgemental and lashing out in anger then you havea log in your eye. Go ahead and rationalize and justify this christian hatred if it makes you feel better though. As I said, you guys do far more to chase people from Christs message than I ever could.
Mahz, where have I ever said I was a Christian?

I am a redeemed cynic who remains barbarian. In plain terms, I keep a gorilla grip on reality with a vicious response to deceit and denial.

You on the other hand sacrifice truth in the name of 'love'. My understanding of Christianity is that the character of Christ cannot be divided that way.

Location hidden

#34985 Jul 29, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow...you people really are suggesting believing in a god "just in case."
What a horrible way to live one's life.
How can you say you truly love the lord when one of the reasons you worship him is because he'll torture for all eternity if you don't?
That isn't love - that's an abusive relationship.
You misrepresent God. He invites you to life and love. Or not. Your choice. You were made, designed to be a part of Him. If you reject that design, YOU choose to be separate from God. THAT is hell. Your choice.
mahz_

United States

#34986 Jul 29, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Mahz, where have I ever said I was a Christian?
I am a redeemed cynic who remains barbarian. In plain terms, I keep a gorilla grip on reality with a vicious response to deceit and denial.
You on the other hand sacrifice truth in the name of 'love'. My understanding of Christianity is that the character of Christ cannot be divided that way.
First off I much prefer hate to love. Second you dont even know the first thing about me dipstick. You can paint whatever picture of me you like in your head, but you need to keep in mind your delusions are not reality. Now if you wouldnt mind answering my question from before, how is the fact that denying UCC members their right to marriage under the first amendment idiotic?

All I see is some self-righteous arsehole who when he cant respond to a logical argument starts calling things idiocy. Look, just because you cant comprehend doesnt mean its idiocy. Quite the opposite. Idiot.

Location hidden

#34987 Jul 29, 2012
mahz_ wrote:
Just a question for all you anti-gay Christians.
The provisions against gay people are found in Leviticus. Right alongside them are dietary restrictions such as no shellfish and no pork. Hygeine laws such as making females who are menstruating leave the house for 5 days and anything touched by her is unclean and must be ritually purified or destroyed. There are prohibitions against mixing more than one type of fiber in clothing.
Do you all follow these religiously too? Do you eat bacon or pork? Do you eat shrimp or crab? Do you kick you wives and daughters out of the house for 5 days every month? Do you wear clothes made from any sort of fiber blends?
If you dont follow all of these rules religiously then why are you so stuck on this one little piece of Leviticus amongst all the laws that are found there?
Mahz, you have embraced gay twirl talking points and left your brain at the door.

Do you understand the Hebrew religion?

Why are you misusing it with Christians and ignoring passages in the NT?

Just one little tibit from one of your idiotic points; Shell fish represent 20% of seafood consumed. Oh, and they represent over 80% of seafood poisoning. In our day and age. Wonder what the rate was back then when non-Hebrews considered shellfish a aphrodisiac???

Location hidden

#34988 Jul 29, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that mean parents can physically abuse their children since parents make their children?
Does that mean they can kill them?
No...but then, we humans are apparently more evolved than your god.
Just think. Your example.

Of course a parent won't do that to their child. Love is involved. Both ways unless something is wrong in either side.

Your Maker/Father is no different, and never without love or wrong.

The question is, is something wrong with you for not loving back?

Location hidden

#34989 Jul 29, 2012
mahz_ wrote:
have to agree with Just Think.
If the only reason you have "faith" is to cover your bases you are going to be in fro a rude awakening. either there is no God, or he's going to reject you outright when he finds out you were trying to play him for a sucker by not having real faith, only "just in case" faith.
Of course you agree.

I agree with you. If that is the only reason you have faith.

I read somewhere,'faith without works is dead'...

Location hidden

#34990 Jul 29, 2012
mahz_ wrote:
It about the accumulation of wealth. Just like the first couple books of acts prescribe communism as the proper way for Christian societies to be.
of course your going to make up your own interpretations to force your modern evil way of living into the framework of Christianity.He completely rejected materialism and possessions and was an avowed pacifist. I bet you support the troops dont you?
The Christianity preached in American churches today bear so little resemblance to the preaching of Christ.
Communism compels loss of ownership, Christianity does not.

You mistake non-violence before injustice for non-violence because of faith.

I agree with you about many Churches in America.

Just a thought Mahz. You strike me as a thoughtful young person. I would suggest you reach your conclusions a lot slower. I don't think God and wisdom are at odds. I also think the moral integrity of God is shadowed by the substantive integrity of wisdom. When either are fractured, you and I are wrong.

Location hidden

#34991 Jul 29, 2012
mahz_ wrote:
<quoted text>
First off I much prefer hate to love. Second you dont even know the first thing about me dipstick. You can paint whatever picture of me you like in your head, but you need to keep in mind your delusions are not reality. Now if you wouldnt mind answering my question from before, how is the fact that denying UCC members their right to marriage under the first amendment idiotic?
All I see is some self-righteous arsehole who when he cant respond to a logical argument starts calling things idiocy. Look, just because you cant comprehend doesnt mean its idiocy. Quite the opposite. Idiot.
Your words tell me so much about you. Look at what you know about me!

You missed my response. Check post 34977.

Now say you are sorry.

I take pleasure in provoking being called a a//hole.

Thank you!

“It's a bathroom”

Since: Jul 07

Get over it, already

#34992 Jul 29, 2012
Kimare, you seem to have missed my reply on the other thread. It's funny how that happens every time I've backed you into a corner. Your active posting on other threads certainly indicates that you've been a busy beaver today.

KiMare wrote: <quoted text> You following me around Jonny???

Following, stalking, whatever.

KiMare wrote: <quoted text> Who you interested in, me the lesbian, or me the straight ???

Neither, really.

KiMare wrote: <quoted text> If I'm implying anything specific about gays, it is that anal sex implies a inherent genetic defect, a gay couple doesn't have the options that heterosexuals do, right?

To YOU it implies a defect. Would you say that str8 couples engaging in anal also implies a defect, or do they get a pass because one of them has a vagina?

You can, and apparently do, find anal sex to be vile and disgusting, but to suggest that there's a defective gene that causes people to engage in it is really much more than a bit of a stretch.

Posit away....

secretsmile ;-)

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#34993 Jul 29, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
If your Alien maker tells you to live a certain way because that is what He wants, is that wrong.
If you don't live the way you are made to, doesn't that mean you are broken?
If your Alien maker warns you that He will check up on you, isn't it really, really wise to be 'safe'?
You were saying something about a bizarre notion...
My parents made me so I've not the vaguest idea what you're babbling about.

Location hidden

#34994 Jul 29, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Living one's life by the Maker's instruction manual is "a horrible way to live one's life"???
Do you think your Maker knows what is best for you???
My parents made me...and I actually know what's best for me far more than they do. Actually, at this stage of life, I make some decisions for my parents and they make none for me.

Location hidden

#34995 Jul 29, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You misrepresent God. He invites you to life and love. Or not. Your choice. You were made, designed to be a part of Him. If you reject that design, YOU choose to be separate from God. THAT is hell. Your choice.
That's your interpretation of god. The majority of religious people in the US believe that if you don't love and worship god you burn in a lake of fire for all eternity.

That's not love - that's an abusive relationship.

Location hidden

#34996 Jul 29, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Just think. Your example.
Of course a parent won't do that to their child. Love is involved. Both ways unless something is wrong in either side.
Your Maker/Father is no different, and never without love or wrong.
The question is, is something wrong with you for not loving back?
Actually, no...it was your example. These are the words you used:

You make things.
They are your creation.
Yours.
You do with them as you choose.
Treasure them or break them.

That's how you were describing god.

Sad that you dodge your words now.

Location hidden

#34997 Jul 29, 2012
Marengo Jon wrote:
Kimare, you seem to have missed my reply on the other thread. It's funny how that happens every time I've backed you into a corner. Your active posting on other threads certainly indicates that you've been a busy beaver today.
KiMare wrote: <quoted text> You following me around Jonny???
Following, stalking, whatever.
KiMare wrote: <quoted text> Who you interested in, me the lesbian, or me the straight ???
Neither, really.
KiMare wrote: <quoted text> If I'm implying anything specific about gays, it is that anal sex implies a inherent genetic defect, a gay couple doesn't have the options that heterosexuals do, right?
To YOU it implies a defect. Would you say that str8 couples engaging in anal also implies a defect, or do they get a pass because one of them has a vagina?
You can, and apparently do, find anal sex to be vile and disgusting, but to suggest that there's a defective gene that causes people to engage in it is really much more than a bit of a stretch.
Posit away....
secretsmile ;-)
I'll repeat it here just for you!

You are finally right about something, I did miss it!

First two responses are just silly stupid, no corner there!

Re your last part;

-A str8 couple doing anal are idiots mistaking a septic system for a playground.

-I never said it was vile and disgusting, you did. I said it is clear to anyone that evolution did not design the anus for intercourse.

Seems to me that denial of that is evidence that you need a letter.

Smirk.

Location hidden

#34999 Jul 29, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
That's your interpretation of god. The majority of religious people in the US believe that if you don't love and worship god you burn in a lake of fire for all eternity.
That's not love - that's an abusive relationship.
I don't think that is what 'most' religious people believe. I think 'most' are responding to God's love and a personal relationship.

I do however think that being apart from God would be very unpleasant, but that is your choice, right?

Location hidden

#35000 Jul 29, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
My parents made me...and I actually know what's best for me far more than they do. Actually, at this stage of life, I make some decisions for my parents and they make none for me.
Ah, but IF a Alien made your parents who 'made' you, I really doubt YOU will ever be making decisions for Him.

This is why I keep asking you to explain how the Alien who met Moses on the mountain expressed a perfect description of the risk and consequences of radiation.

You still stumped??? Or just thinking some more???

Smile.

Location hidden

#35001 Jul 29, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
You make things.
They are your creation.
Yours.
I was referring to the use of 'parents'.

Location hidden

#35002 Jul 29, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
You make things.
They are your creation.
Yours.
By the way, I thought that was a good comparison, though with limits.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Lenox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Race 45 min Robert Thomas 5
Our Nation is Over 56 min Robert Thomas 30
Why does the left Cry about White Supremists bu... 8 hr taco 53
Unreal Shi_ is destroying our town's dignity he... 8 hr Jeopardy 15
Just a little recap... 9 hr NO SURPRISE 6
I'm Serious. That's an actual Wine.... 9 hr NO SURPRISE 6
Illinois governor commercial 10 hr Unreal Shi_ 2

New Lenox Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance