Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52051 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

“It's a bathroom”

Since: Jul 07

Get over it, already

#34708 Jul 22, 2012
JordanAnn wrote:
<quoted text>
No I do not have that right, however God does
and if you read the Bible you will clearly see
that it says this is something he forbids.
And this is precisely why America is not a Theocracy. You have a right to believe what you will about God. But you don't have that right to impose it on others. What if I believed that women had to be servants to men, that it was ok to own slaves, that races shouldn't mix and that men had a right to multiple wives (all based on my religious beliefs). Wouldn't you be upset if well-meaning "Christians" were trying to shove that belief system down your throat?

Believe as you will, but it won't stop the march toward full marriage equality.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#34710 Jul 23, 2012
JordanAnn wrote:
<quoted text>
No maybe you shoul learn what "latter of the two means"
I said what I MEANT TO SAY, latter (meaning the last of
the two things meaning (I fear you are an adult) the word
later would not be used in this way. Now stop being a fool.
Here's the thing about topix...you can't change history. You most definitely said "later"

You wrote:

You speak as a child, with name calling and insults. I hope
that this means you are a child and not an adult with poor
"commuciation skills" however, I fear the later is true.

Nice try, though...

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#34711 Jul 23, 2012
JordanAnn wrote:
Here's an idea for you look up the meaning
of LATTER OR THE LATTER OF TWO THINGS...
this is going to hurt you will have to read
and that will be a strain on your mind.
Or you could just admit you made a simple mistake...

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#34712 Jul 23, 2012
JordanAnn wrote:
Here's an idea for you look up the meaning
of LATTER OR THE LATTER OF TWO THINGS...
this is going to hurt you will have to read
and that will be a strain on your mind.
LOL - you can't even admit you made a spelling error? We ALL make them.

I know admitting you are wrong when provided with the evidence may be difficult, but it is also a sign of a rational mind.

We all hope that someday you will use that mind to think a little deeper about the things you believe, when provided with evidence that your beliefs are incorrect.
Get over yourself

Belleville, IL

#34713 Jul 23, 2012
Max wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one sick puppy. You are saying you would let your little child have sex with a homo. How sweet. You are the dregs.
Are you really that F'n retarded? Its people like you that have this world so f'd up. You are making up your own stories as you go. You are hilarious!!! WOW. At no point in time did I say I would let my "child" have sex with anyone. After the age of 18 they can legally have sex with who ever they want. I can only teach them to abstain and/or use protection and common sense. What they actually do, I cannot stop. I said I would trust my child/children to go somewhere with gay individuals anytime. I trust a gay person more than I would ever trust a Catholic Priest!!!!! Those, my dear, are the dregs!!!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#34714 Jul 23, 2012
KiMare wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012 /07/20/closing-arguments-expec ted-in-us-air-force-base-sex-a buse-trial/?test=latestnews
How does this apply to gays in the military? Are you saying that because a soldier raped another soldier that introducing gays will increase this? Just because someone is gay does not mean they are a sexual deviant and require sex at all times, taking it when they can't get it. It's absurd to compare the two. Most rapist are men, should we do away with men completely just in case they all decide to rape? You obviously have a personal bias against gays and are grasping at whatever you can to put it down. You seem desperate and it appears most on this site see right through it.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#34715 Jul 23, 2012
nfgc wrote:
<quoted text>
How does this apply to gays in the military? Are you saying that because a soldier raped another soldier that introducing gays will increase this? Just because someone is gay does not mean they are a sexual deviant and require sex at all times, taking it when they can't get it. It's absurd to compare the two. Most rapist are men, should we do away with men completely just in case they all decide to rape? You obviously have a personal bias against gays and are grasping at whatever you can to put it down. You seem desperate and it appears most on this site see right through it.
Introducing women into a military situation has created horrendous abuse problems. Now we add homosexual. Do you really believe it won't also do the same? In fact, heterosexuals are not allowed to bunk together, but gays are allowed to bunk with their gender orientation.

Are you really that naive?

Location hidden

#34716 Jul 23, 2012
JordanAnn wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe in "the God the one in "the Bible" then
you need to break it out and "read it" because you do
not know what you "say you believe". Because "the Bible"
tells you that it is "a sin" just as many other things
are sins" you cannot pick and choose what you believe to
be "ok" if you "are a Christian".
I'm assuming by your reply that you take the Bible literally at all times and never pick and choose what works for you? You never spit on Sunday right? You think women that don't cover their heads should cut thier hair off? You think women should be silemt in church? Do you think Men have more rights than women? It's amazing that if you actually read the bible you would learn there are a lot of changes that even 'bible bangers' have changed to accomodate the way we live now. Many churches celebrate Easter with an egg hunt for the kids, is this in the Bible? No. It is easy to interpret something to what you want it to say. The Bible is a guide book for Christians...not the law. It was written and rewritten by man. Regualer living breathing sinning man. It is not possible that it was written unbiased. Men thought completely different back then and they wrote it this way. I am a Christain and I believe in gay rights. I don't believe I need to interpret what it says here as my God is of love and loves all beings. He knows your gay before you do! Uh oh!!

Location hidden

#34717 Jul 23, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Introducing women into a military situation has created horrendous abuse problems. Now we add homosexual. Do you really believe it won't also do the same? In fact, heterosexuals are not allowed to bunk together, but gays are allowed to bunk with their gender orientation.
Are you really that naive?
Again, all problems that stem from men, so should we just haul them all off to an abandoned island for risk of any and everything that can happen in life?? If risks are relavant then we should not be a part of it at all? I'm pretty sure that introducing women into the military has created more positives than negatives. Our Government has had many leaders that have come out as gay. Does this make them any less of a leader? No. Males and females may not share a bunk bed in service, but they do share barracks and even the same floor and rec rooms. When we do bivouac we are still coed, share the same hole, etc. I have a female soldier in my platoon that I just learned is a lesbian. Did I know before? Nope. Did it matter after? Nope. It changes nothing. She is just as likely as anyone else to "flirt" with another soldier. However, it is the straight men that cause most of the issues so I say again, maybe we should just get rid of all of them? Nothing you have said is substantial to gay marriage at this point and yet you continue to grasp, it's not working.

Location hidden

#34718 Jul 23, 2012
nfgc wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm assuming by your reply that you take the Bible literally at all times and never pick and choose what works for you? You never spit on Sunday right? You think women that don't cover their heads should cut thier hair off? You think women should be silemt in church? Do you think Men have more rights than women? It's amazing that if you actually read the bible you would learn there are a lot of changes that even 'bible bangers' have changed to accomodate the way we live now. Many churches celebrate Easter with an egg hunt for the kids, is this in the Bible? No. It is easy to interpret something to what you want it to say. The Bible is a guide book for Christians...not the law. It was written and rewritten by man. Regualer living breathing sinning man. It is not possible that it was written unbiased. Men thought completely different back then and they wrote it this way. I am a Christain and I believe in gay rights. I don't believe I need to interpret what it says here as my God is of love and loves all beings. He knows your gay before you do! Uh oh!!
The simplistic form of morality is 'do no harm'. Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning. A God of love does not excuse horrendous abuse like that.

Location hidden

#34719 Jul 23, 2012
nfgc wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, all problems that stem from men, so should we just haul them all off to an abandoned island for risk of any and everything that can happen in life?? If risks are relavant then we should not be a part of it at all? I'm pretty sure that introducing women into the military has created more positives than negatives. Our Government has had many leaders that have come out as gay. Does this make them any less of a leader? No. Males and females may not share a bunk bed in service, but they do share barracks and even the same floor and rec rooms. When we do bivouac we are still coed, share the same hole, etc. I have a female soldier in my platoon that I just learned is a lesbian. Did I know before? Nope. Did it matter after? Nope. It changes nothing. She is just as likely as anyone else to "flirt" with another soldier. However, it is the straight men that cause most of the issues so I say again, maybe we should just get rid of all of them? Nothing you have said is substantial to gay marriage at this point and yet you continue to grasp, it's not working.
You may not be gay, but you are gay twirling. At the expense of your fellow soldiers and our nation's safety.

Those issues are not all because of 'men'(as if women are incapable of sexual attraction and manipulation), but the result of special attractions in a highly authoritative and stressful setting. Either of which creates easy opportunity for abuse.
Say What

Manhattan, IL

#34720 Jul 23, 2012
You are either Pro gay marriage, or anti gay marriage. Get over it, and shut the hell up!! I'm tired of seeing this thread on the top of my topics subjects!

JUST SHUT THE HELL UP ALREADY!!!

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#34722 Jul 23, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You may not be gay, but you are gay twirling. At the expense of your fellow soldiers and our nation's safety.
Those issues are not all because of 'men'(as if women are incapable of sexual attraction and manipulation), but the result of special attractions in a highly authoritative and stressful setting. Either of which creates easy opportunity for abuse.
There is no legitimate excuse for rape. Healthy people, even under stress, do not rape. Your attempts to excuse rape are unfounded.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#34723 Jul 23, 2012
Say What wrote:
You are either Pro gay marriage, or anti gay marriage. Get over it, and shut the hell up!! I'm tired of seeing this thread on the top of my topics subjects!
"I believe all Americans who believe in freedom, tolerance and human rights have a responsibility to oppose bigotry and prejudice based on sexual orientation."
Coretta Scott King
cjk

Wheaton, IL

#34724 Jul 23, 2012
Get over yourself wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really that F'n retarded? Its people like you that have this world so f'd up. You are making up your own stories as you go. You are hilarious!!! WOW. At no point in time did I say I would let my "child" have sex with anyone. After the age of 18 they can legally have sex with who ever they want. I can only teach them to abstain and/or use protection and common sense. What they actually do, I cannot stop. I said I would trust my child/children to go somewhere with gay individuals anytime. I trust a gay person more than I would ever trust a Catholic Priest!!!!! Those, my dear, are the dregs!!!
LOL! Any priest that would molest a child is most likely GAY

Location hidden

#34725 Jul 23, 2012
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no legitimate excuse for rape. Healthy people, even under stress, do not rape. Your attempts to excuse rape are unfounded.
War is a very unhealthy atmosphere for everyone. Stick your gay twirl where you are sticking things you shouldn't.
Say What

Manhattan, IL

#34726 Jul 23, 2012
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
"I believe all Americans who believe in freedom, tolerance and human rights have a responsibility to oppose bigotry and prejudice based on sexual orientation."
Coretta Scott King
Then stop being a Heterophobe, and telling straight people they have to except homosexuality!

Next, pedophiles are going to demand the right to marry a child. It needs to stop here!
toppy

Saint Louis, MO

#34727 Jul 23, 2012
I just wanted to keep this at the top of the page.
Glad I could help.
Say What wrote:
Max

Indianapolis, IN

#34728 Jul 23, 2012
Get over yourself wrote:
<quoted text>
I got an idea for you since you think so much of them. Take your son and have him visit Jerry Sandusky for a week in jail, you know, be humane about the guy. People like you would sell your son, daughter, your soul, all in the name of political correctness, you phuckin idiot. Jerry would be very greatful to you to help him pass the time away. I doubt very seriously whether you have ever taught your kids anything based on your moronic attitude. As far as a Catholic Priest goes, if you love gays so much why are they any different? Is a gay Catholic Priest different from a gay secular person? If so, how? Don't they all do the same thing? You see, you think you know something but you don't know shyt.
Get over yourself

United States

#34729 Jul 23, 2012
Max wrote:
<quoted text>
I got an idea for you since you think so much of them. Take your son and have him visit Jerry Sandusky for a week in jail, you know, be humane about the guy. People like you would sell your son, daughter, your soul, all in the name of political correctness, you phuckin idiot. Jerry would be very greatful to you to help him pass the time away. I doubt very seriously whether you have ever taught your kids anything based on your moronic attitude. As far as a Catholic Priest goes, if you love gays so much why are they any different? Is a gay Catholic Priest different from a gay secular person? If so, how? Don't they all do the same thing? You see, you think you know something but you don't know shyt.
OMG!! I am laughing so hard. So now we have gone from discussing gays being around my child to letting a known pedophile/child molester/sodomizer be with my child. Make up your mind. Oh, wait, I guess you are now saying all gay people are pedophiles too. GOTCHA!!! Sheesh! What a biggotted bubble you live in. I am glad that you stay in that bubble. Your comments project just how mature you are, all that cussing and name calling is very very adult. I am sure you children are just awesome and perfect. With a parent like you how could they not be. Bwahahahaha.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Lenox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sharky Masturbates in Public 5 min Sharky 27
Trump Hasn't Said A Word 1 hr More On 28
t-RUMP Helps out Private Prisons with... 4 hr Robert Thomas 2
t-RUMP's OWN staff are forced to hide stuff fro... 4 hr Robert Thomas 61
The majority of t-RUMP's votes came from.... 4 hr Robert Thomas 2
t-RUMP HATES veterans & is out to 5 hr Robert Thomas 2
New Lenox Mustangs a Joke (Sep '10) 23 hr Shanny 61

New Lenox Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance