New Lenox woman killed in crash on 14...

New Lenox woman killed in crash on 147th Street

There are 363 comments on the Suburban Chicago News story from Jan 1, 2010, titled New Lenox woman killed in crash on 147th Street. In it, Suburban Chicago News reports that:

A New Lenox woman was killed early this morning in a one-vehicle crash on 147th Street in a Cook County forest preserve area near Oak Forest.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Suburban Chicago News.

Curious

Chicago, IL

#369 Aug 3, 2012
You know everyone blames the mom. The mom wouldn't have a leg to stand on if Nick didn't KILL HER DAUGHTER. His actions created this. Stop blaming the system, the mother, the cops the only person to blame here is Nick.

If I were her mom, why not, if it's to be taken, there isn't amount of money that can compensate for losing a child, however, when people suffer in the pocket book, rules get changed/enforced.

Stop blaming anyone and everyone BUT NICK! He started this timeline.
seriously

Forest Park, IL

#370 Aug 3, 2012
Everyone does not blame the mom. Everyone does not just blame Nick. I don't recall her being abducted or forced to get into the car or for that matter what allegedly happened after she got in the car.
Curious wrote:
You know everyone blames the mom. The mom wouldn't have a leg to stand on if Nick didn't KILL HER DAUGHTER. His actions created this. Stop blaming the system, the mother, the cops the only person to blame here is Nick.
If I were her mom, why not, if it's to be taken, there isn't amount of money that can compensate for losing a child, however, when people suffer in the pocket book, rules get changed/enforced.
Stop blaming anyone and everyone BUT NICK! He started this timeline.
The way i see it

Palos Hills, IL

#371 Aug 3, 2012
His actions,was drunk.
His actions, got behind the wheel.
His actions, who had control of the vehicle while drunk had an accident.
The woman died.
His actions resulted in a death.
Still no Justice. That is also a crime.
He is free and she is dead and still no Justice.

Allegedly? No, she is still dead.
seriously

Forest Park, IL

#372 Aug 4, 2012
She knew his condition when she got in the car. She shares the blame especially if it is determined she distracted him as is alleged.
The way i see it wrote:
His actions,was drunk.
His actions, got behind the wheel.
His actions, who had control of the vehicle while drunk had an accident.
The woman died.
His actions resulted in a death.
Still no Justice. That is also a crime.
He is free and she is dead and still no Justice.
Allegedly? No, she is still dead.
The way i see it

Palos Hills, IL

#373 Aug 4, 2012
On NYE there are many Drunk Asoles. So if you know that & they kill you, you share the blame? Huh?
The one to blame is the drunk behind the wheel.

The actions ( drunk) and trying to drive ( drunk)resulted in a death.

Many DUI resulting in a death have already been in Court and are serving time, or some sort of punishment.

It looks like $$ and or big shot friends make you untouchable? Just wondering. I thought the Law was very clear.
Curious

Chicago, IL

#374 Aug 6, 2012
I agree with THE WAY I SEE IT. His decision to drive started the night of events.......
RIP

Houston, TX

#375 Aug 6, 2012
So sad
The way i see it

Palos Hills, IL

#376 Aug 6, 2012
Reading up on this, DNA blah blah trying to make her the cause of the accident?
RU kidding me?
He had the keys in the ignition , in his car, while driving drunk. On NYE ,3 xs the limit allegedly;
While drinking at his parents restaurant, allegedly.!

The Mom supposedly suing the PD/Sheriff and the Restaurants?

This happened in 2009! So would i since no Justice has been done.
Try to RIP Jessica.
Seriously

United States

#377 Aug 7, 2012
Yes, if I get in the car with someone that has been drinking I share the blame. I had the choice not to get in that vehicle. If he ran in to another car and killed someone else on the road, then his responsibility.
The way i see it wrote:
On NYE there are many Drunk Asoles. So if you know that & they kill you, you share the blame? Huh?
The one to blame is the drunk behind the wheel.
The actions ( drunk) and trying to drive ( drunk)resulted in a death.
Many DUI resulting in a death have already been in Court and are serving time, or some sort of punishment.
It looks like $$ and or big shot friends make you untouchable? Just wondering. I thought the Law was very clear.
Say What

Palos Hills, IL

#378 Sep 22, 2012
How can they share the blame? when one is dead and the other OK?
Some blame if; they knew. How do you know she knew?
Why couldn't the driver say no? Too drunk?

Stupidity should not be a death sentence. A Life for Life sentence.
It was the act of the drunk driver that killed.
He severely broke the law, 1st and Last. He was behind the wheel. He was in control of her death.
RIP JM
Curious

Chicago, IL

#380 Dec 14, 2012
Tis that time of year when we remember those we lost. Anything new on this?
Dont know

Palos Hills, IL

#381 Dec 22, 2012
It a Judicial Embarrassment.
2009,2010,2011, 2012 and soon to be 2013.
Why are not Drunk Driving resulting in a death clear for the Rich? Puzzling.
Justice for her and her Family.
DPS

Alsip, IL

#382 Dec 22, 2012
Money and politicians [email protected] up the American dream they purport to sell. If your looking for justice in crook county I'm sorry but you won't find it. Best pray for justice in heaven. Peace.

There was an article in the Southtown about his fathers restaurants going up for sale. My first thoughts were they were protecting their assets.
Curious

Chicago, IL

#383 Dec 26, 2012
I'm not that well-versed when it comes to legal dealings, thankfully, I have never been in trouble. However, Nick was an adult therefore, I don't believe his family would be liable for him. Unless, of course Nick is on the restaurants with his father, as a co-owner. Perhaps this means we are close to the end of this??? We can hope/pray.

I do take this time of year to remind all of us (me included) about the dangers of drinking and driving. Better to air in caution than to take a life. A cab is a small price to pay.
Justice

Palos Hills, IL

#386 Dec 31, 2012
My thoughts and Prayers are with her Family.
It must be a very hard time on NYE. RIP
Curious

Chicago, IL

#387 Jan 17, 2013
Anyone know the outcome of court last week?
Anything

Chicago, IL

#388 Mar 20, 2013
Anyone know the outcome of court this past Monday?
concerned taxpayer

Mokena, IL

#389 Mar 20, 2013
Anything wrote:
Anyone know the outcome of court this past Monday?
Yeah, it was probably continued for another year!!!
Anything

Chicago, IL

#390 Apr 9, 2013
Anything update on this case? I know there was a court date a few weeks ago, but haven't seen anything in news.
Anything

Chicago, IL

#391 Apr 9, 2013
Anything new on this case? I know there was court a few weeks back, but unlike the other dates, I did not find anything in the news. Does anyone know the outcome of court hearing in March.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Lenox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's the hub-bub about obamacare? 40 min HarryQCumber 1
Town Hall Meetings 56 min HarryQCumber 2
Some of you claim he's a tough, badass, "alpha ... 1 hr Aldo Nova 33
Local news during the sweeps week and their big... 2 hr HarryQCumber 1
Ivanka Trump's perfume reaches #1 on Amazon 2 hr HarryQCumber 29
What happened to the big Santa? 2 hr HarryQCumber 20
Where oh where should we pee 5 hr Appalled 16

New Lenox Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance