New Lenox Ace Hardware - NEVER GO THERE

Posted in the New Lenox Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
sissy

Lake Zurich, IL

#1 Mar 29, 2013
I have been trying to keep the little guy up and running - never again will I go there. Use the box store! Entered store last night at 6:55 - needed can of paint - I am 49 year old mother of 3, I don't dress grunge I was clean and sure did not look like I was trouble! As I entered store I was stopped and told I had to leave my purse at the register. I thought it was a joke at first, then realize it was real.........they said no worries we have security cameras. Apologized and said it was policy! Seriously - I took it to my car and brought back my small wallet only - got my damn paint and left, never again will we step foot in that store again!
sissy is a liar

Des Plaines, IL

#2 Mar 29, 2013
sissy wrote:
I have been trying to keep the little guy up and running - never again will I go there. Use the box store! Entered store last night at 6:55 - needed can of paint - I am 49 year old mother of 3, I don't dress grunge I was clean and sure did not look like I was trouble! As I entered store I was stopped and told I had to leave my purse at the register. I thought it was a joke at first, then realize it was real.........they said no worries we have security cameras. Apologized and said it was policy! Seriously - I took it to my car and brought back my small wallet only - got my damn paint and left, never again will we step foot in that store again!
Your story is not true you are a liar.
sissy

Lake Zurich, IL

#3 Mar 29, 2013
No not a damn liar, sorry to say - its the truth! Ask the two young men working the register last night at 6:55. Don't call me a liar!!!!!
sissy is a liar

Des Plaines, IL

#4 Mar 29, 2013
sissy wrote:
No not a damn liar, sorry to say - its the truth! Ask the two young men working the register last night at 6:55. Don't call me a liar!!!!!
They asked you to give them your purse and you did not leave and go to another store? Instead you stashed your purse in your car and went back to make a purchase? You are a STUPID liar.
sissy

Lake Zurich, IL

#5 Mar 29, 2013
sissy is a liar wrote:
<quoted text>
They asked you to give them your purse and you did not leave and go to another store? Instead you stashed your purse in your car and went back to make a purchase? You are a STUPID liar.
Your a schmuck and I truly don't know why I am replying to you but I will, I did this due to the fact I was in the middle of project and needed this and time was on Ace Hardware side not mine!

WONT EVER HAPPEN AGAIN!
sissy

Lake Zurich, IL

#6 Mar 29, 2013
I JUST TALKED TO BOB (STORE MANAGER/CUSTOMER SERVICE) AND FYI.....IT IS STORE POLICY TO NOT ALLOW BAGS/BACKPACKS OR LARGE WOMENS PURSES, I EXPLAINED MY PURSE IS AVERAGE SIZE. HIS RESPONSE WAS HE WAS SORRY AND THAT HE NEEDS TO HAVE A TALK WITH HIS NEW/YOUNG EMPLOYEES - THEY NEED TO HANDLE THE "RULE/POLICY" BETTER. ANYONE QUESTIONING MY STORE FEEL FREE TO CALL THEM YOURSELF AND CONFIRM!
The Original Dollar Bill

New Lenox, IL

#7 Mar 29, 2013
sissy wrote:
I JUST TALKED TO BOB (STORE MANAGER/CUSTOMER SERVICE) AND FYI.....IT IS STORE POLICY TO NOT ALLOW BAGS/BACKPACKS OR LARGE WOMENS PURSES, I EXPLAINED MY PURSE IS AVERAGE SIZE. HIS RESPONSE WAS HE WAS SORRY AND THAT HE NEEDS TO HAVE A TALK WITH HIS NEW/YOUNG EMPLOYEES - THEY NEED TO HANDLE THE "RULE/POLICY" BETTER. ANYONE QUESTIONING MY STORE FEEL FREE TO CALL THEM YOURSELF AND CONFIRM!
He needs to have a talk with the moron who owns the place.
Gary is a paranoid lowlife and I can't believe still in business.
It's the price one pays for convenience.
sissy

Lake Zurich, IL

#8 Mar 29, 2013
The Original Dollar Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
He needs to have a talk with the moron who owns the place.
Gary is a paranoid lowlife and I can't believe still in business.
It's the price one pays for convenience.
Maybe he is the moron calling me a liar on here LOL I wont go there again out of convenience thats for sure.
oh boy

Mokena, IL

#9 Mar 29, 2013
If Des Plaines is one of the ACE owners I'll never go in there again either.
Come on

Markham, IL

#10 Mar 29, 2013
It is ridiculous for you to create such a negative post because a store would not let you carry your purse around the store. Policy is policy and if you went into the big "box" store then you surely wouldn't have been able to get in and out of the store quickly. People like you I'm sure are never satisfied. SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SMALL BUSINESS.
someone

Chicago, IL

#11 Mar 29, 2013
For years I tried to support Ace. After being followed all the time and having Gary chase me down the sidewalk because he thought I didn't pay for a house key that was enough. Also got tired of them announcing 'customer service' whenever someone walked into the store. I was told ny two cashiers that it was a security thing.
Rainman

Bensenville, IL

#12 Mar 29, 2013
Everyone knows they think your a thief, this is old news. I hope they go belly up. I go to Kmart.
Lone wolf

Mokena, IL

#13 Mar 30, 2013
I'm telling all of you. This town needs a MENARDS!! They have more product than lowes,ace and Home Depot. There prices are the best. There is no hassle. It is a win/win. Come on trustees get it done.
Unincorporated

New Lenox, IL

#14 Mar 30, 2013
Just yesterday, went into the Ace to get about 8 gallons of paint. Different colors, etc. The guy went to mix with their paint. I said I want Benjamin Moore. He said they were out of the base I needed. I said well, should I just go somewhere else? He said he would have to order the paint in bulk and he didn't know when it would be there so yeah, I would have to go somewhere else. That was at least $200 in paint they lost a sale on. I told him Good luck with your paint department, in fact, good luck with your store. They are terrible. I wanted a case of a very common color and they didn't have ANY! Why have a paint section. Sherwin Williams is right down the street. I can't use their Ace crap. It's terrible.
sissy

Roselle, IL

#15 Mar 30, 2013
Come on wrote:
It is ridiculous for you to create such a negative post because a store would not let you carry your purse around the store. Policy is policy and if you went into the big "box" store then you surely wouldn't have been able to get in and out of the store quickly. People like you I'm sure are never satisfied. SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SMALL BUSINESS.
I have never been told to give my purse to a cashier while I walk in a store to purchase something. Its absurd. Therefore no I won't support them. I am satisfied when I get treated fairly which is 98% of the time. I'm not a criminal and should not be treated like I am.
NL Local

Chicago, IL

#16 Mar 30, 2013
Having the casher come around the counter to see if your hidding anything is a real insult as well. They lost my business .
Get real folks

Chicago, IL

#17 Apr 1, 2013
Really, nothing better to do with your time but alaways complain. Do any of you actually own a business or ae you all on unemployement benefits or public aid. Anyone that is somewht intellegent would understand what a business has to do. Oversized purses,comon you really thik you should walk in t a buiness like that. There ugly anyway. Look into the mirror folks and get a life. If it was a small purse then nobody would have said anything. She is obviously talking smack.
Get real folks

Chicago, IL

#18 Apr 1, 2013
I believe that I heard that their paint was just rated number one in America. Which then puts them ahead of anyone out there.
Unincorporated wrote:
Just yesterday, went into the Ace to get about 8 gallons of paint. Different colors, etc. The guy went to mix with their paint. I said I want Benjamin Moore. He said they were out of the base I needed. I said well, should I just go somewhere else? He said he would have to order the paint in bulk and he didn't know when it would be there so yeah, I would have to go somewhere else. That was at least $200 in paint they lost a sale on. I told him Good luck with your paint department, in fact, good luck with your store. They are terrible. I wanted a case of a very common color and they didn't have ANY! Why have a paint section. Sherwin Williams is right down the street. I can't use their Ace crap. It's terrible.
someone

Chicago, IL

#19 Apr 1, 2013
Get real I agree about the paint, its highly rated. As far as the purse goes, is that a merchant should not run a business that way. Why would anyone want to shop somewhere were you are being viewed as a potential thief the minute you come in the store. Gary is paranoid and his wife is worse in her treatment of staff. If I have a project at home I can go to Lowe's, or anywhere else and browse or think. At Ace I am followed and watched.
Professor

Mokena, IL

#20 Apr 1, 2013
Get real folks wrote:
Really, nothing better to do with your time but alaways complain. Do any of you actually own a business or ae you all on unemployement benefits or public aid. Anyone that is somewht intellegent would understand what a business has to do. Oversized purses,comon you really thik you should walk in t a buiness like that. There ugly anyway. Look into the mirror folks and get a life. If it was a small purse then nobody would have said anything. She is obviously talking smack.
Your 12th grade (maybe) education is showing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Lenox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local politics 3 hr Newbie 12
What a vote for Bruce Rauner means! 3 hr Doe 39
Welcome To Chicago Ebola! 5 hr Four More Years 28
Darrell,Plea for Koch Brothers Donation 6 hr Four More Years 7
Another Cant Make It Up Hillary At Her Best 11 hr Proud Deadbeat De... 9
Scott Walker Fri Happy Dad 20
obamacare Fri Four More Years 33
New Lenox Dating
Find my Match

New Lenox Jobs