Lights on Rt. 30
Miss Daisy

Chicago, IL

#1 Jan 11, 2013
Does anyone know if there are plans to put lights up along the newly widened portions of Rt. 30? It seems somehow harder to see at night now that there's four lanes, especially if you have to turn left. Even if there were just lights at the main intersections, I think that would help.

Or maybe I am just getting too old to drive after dark!
Agree

Chicago, IL

#2 Jan 13, 2013
Very much agree with you. The lines are very difficult to see. The intersection at Walmart and Marley Rd. is especially bad now. On a rainy night, it seems to be even worse.
Fireman

Crest Hill, IL

#3 Jan 13, 2013
Yes, streetlights will be installed just as they were when US 30 was widened from Prairie to east of Walmart.

In addition, there will be a new stoplight at US 30 and Joliet Highway in front of Smith Brothers' garden store.

Let us sincerely hope that the lights are synchronized with the ones in front of Chili's/Portillo's/Target.
taco bender

Mokena, IL

#4 Jan 13, 2013
Lights one block apart??????
Fireman

Crest Hill, IL

#5 Jan 15, 2013
No, they'll be just as the ones are that come east from I-80 on US 30 all the way to the Walmart area.

Heard this from one of the constructuion guys who'd been working near LW Central.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Lenox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sheriff Clarke and other conservative blacks kn... 28 min LEAKERS 2
Who wants these mother fu__ers out of our country! 31 min LEAKERS 6
breaking news!!!!! 34 min Poke Chopter 517
Slavery is over! 36 min LEAKERS 16
Drop Out Economically 38 min Antiantifa 1
Please Dear Lord 1 hr Shark News 4
Isn't it sad and so very pathetic... 2 hr Unreal Shi_ 6
Why does the left Cry about White Supremists bu... 3 hr Hitler 74

New Lenox Jobs

More from around the web