Mayor Tim Baldermann:
get your facts straight

Alsip, IL

#62 Sep 15, 2011
what wrote:
<quoted text>
What was she doing as this house was going to hell? Maybe she was just lazy or did not care. But I am tired of this helpless women bullshit. Once again I am not defending Baldermann but it is 2011 not 1900. Maybe she should have been smart enough to hire a lawyer and file for support maintenance. And unless she lived isolated from the world she would have known that.
You are not very intelligent are you!
asskicker

Wheaton, IL

#63 Sep 15, 2011
what wrote:
<quoted text>
What was she doing as this house was going to hell? Maybe she was just lazy or did not care. But I am tired of this helpless women bullshit. Once again I am not defending Baldermann but it is 2011 not 1900. Maybe she should have been smart enough to hire a lawyer and file for support maintenance. And unless she lived isolated from the world she would have known that.
Creep.
Taking care of kids

New Lenox, IL

#64 Sep 15, 2011
What has she been doing? Taking care of the four kids he left behind when he found another woman, got divorced, got remarried and had a child with his new wife. Sorry, but being a Mayor I would not let my kids live in a shithole. Daddy's got himself a nice big house with his new family, and poor momma's house looks like a dump!
what

River Grove, IL

#65 Sep 15, 2011
Taking care of kids wrote:
What has she been doing? Taking care of the four kids he left behind when he found another woman, got divorced, got remarried and had a child with his new wife. Sorry, but being a Mayor I would not let my kids live in a shithole. Daddy's got himself a nice big house with his new family, and poor momma's house looks like a dump!
She should have gotten a better lawyer. I know many women who were in the same situation who took care of their kids and a house. But you can break a nail if you do yard work.
say what

Wheaton, IL

#66 Sep 16, 2011
Reading all this... Look, divorce in IL has nothing to do with right,wrong or morals. It's all executed based upon case law (previous decisions, right or wrong). In IL the women get the majority, I know. Divorced her for cheating, had two kids, a nice home, pension, etc. She got all bills passed to me, the home, all the furniture inside, 50% of my pension, college for my kids and 50% of the savings. I got no home, no furniture, 50% of my pension, both attorny fees, child support, maintenance payment. Her & her lover got the furnished house, support of my kids, cash from maintenance payments and 50% of my future pension. Add it up, women get it all! I had the best female Divorce Attorney in DuPage too. Here it is 20 years later. I am re-maried and planning to retire. Why should my 1st wife be entitled to 50% of my pension when that house has quadroupled in value? <See my point?

So if his wife has 4 kids, she gets about 40%+ of his gross income until the kids are in college or emancipated, 50% of that pension and that house. Don't feel sorry for her...no need.
what

River Grove, IL

#67 Sep 16, 2011
say what wrote:
Reading all this... Look, divorce in IL has nothing to do with right,wrong or morals. It's all executed based upon case law (previous decisions, right or wrong). In IL the women get the majority, I know. Divorced her for cheating, had two kids, a nice home, pension, etc. She got all bills passed to me, the home, all the furniture inside, 50% of my pension, college for my kids and 50% of the savings. I got no home, no furniture, 50% of my pension, both attorny fees, child support, maintenance payment. Her & her lover got the furnished house, support of my kids, cash from maintenance payments and 50% of my future pension. Add it up, women get it all! I had the best female Divorce Attorney in DuPage too. Here it is 20 years later. I am re-maried and planning to retire. Why should my 1st wife be entitled to 50% of my pension when that house has quadroupled in value? <See my point?
So if his wife has 4 kids, she gets about 40%+ of his gross income until the kids are in college or emancipated, 50% of that pension and that house. Don't feel sorry for her...no need.
I agree with your statements. I know most of these comments were posted to smear Baldermann. But the poor little women comments are just wrong. Is Baldermann a rat for maybe cheating on his wife? I would say so, but it is up to her to get off her ass and and keep things going.
Tim

Frankfort, IL

#68 Sep 16, 2011
so you don't think the cheating husband should have to pay to take care of his brood and the house they live in? he's got all this money now from his disability and the taxpayer money, so lets shift a little to the left behind family. oh any by the way I have family who leave near the ex wife and have been there since day 1 and have seen and heard plenty from Mr. B.
what

Yorkville, IL

#69 Sep 16, 2011
Tim wrote:
so you don't think the cheating husband should have to pay to take care of his brood and the house they live in? he's got all this money now from his disability and the taxpayer money, so lets shift a little to the left behind family. oh any by the way I have family who leave near the ex wife and have been there since day 1 and have seen and heard plenty from Mr. B.
Did this women ever hear of divorce lawyers? Take his ass to court and get half of all assets, including the pension and support for the children. If I got a fair division of assets and child support she should be able to do the same.

I NEVER said I did not think he should support his children, I took exception to the poor helpless little women left behind comments. Over half of marriages end in divorce these days so she is not alone. So if if you have relatives that live nearby maybe they can help her cleanup her yard. Rumor has it that it is an eyesore and she is too helpless to do yard work. I am sure the house now belongs to her.
Tim

Frankfort, IL

#70 Sep 16, 2011
what wrote:
<quoted text>
Did this women ever hear of divorce lawyers? Take his ass to court and get half of all assets, including the pension and support for the children. If I got a fair division of assets and child support she should be able to do the same.
I NEVER said I did not think he should support his children, I took exception to the poor helpless little women left behind comments. Over half of marriages end in divorce these days so she is not alone. So if if you have relatives that live nearby maybe they can help her cleanup her yard. Rumor has it that it is an eyesore and she is too helpless to do yard work. I am sure the house now belongs to her.
if she had the means I'm sure she could afford to take him to court. Unfortunately a lot of women in this situation cannot afford additional attorney fees. i've seen with my own eyes and really feel for this family.
what

Yorkville, IL

#71 Sep 16, 2011
Tim wrote:
<quoted text>
if she had the means I'm sure she could afford to take him to court. Unfortunately a lot of women in this situation cannot afford additional attorney fees. i've seen with my own eyes and really feel for this family.
Then maybe since you feel so bad about her situation you should help her. There are free legal clinics and you can file for child support through the courts without a lawyer. If you are so close maybe you should tell her.
Neighbor

Reddick, IL

#72 Sep 17, 2011
Look, we have a slug for a Mayor, no one ran against him, it is what it is. He does what ever he wants and there are no checks & balance. I still wonder what he did with the hundreds of thousands he got to campaign for Senator by telling the Republicans he was a Republican, then backed out after he collected the money. Where did that money go? Then he scammed his pension and scammed local Republicans to get their field support to run for mayor too. Have not seen him at a republican event since? <lol
Scorned

Jersey City, NJ

#73 Sep 18, 2011
He gets to keep the money from the Republicans all legal. Great mayor progressive.
Sounds like you have a beef? Maybe you asked for a favor and Tim won't help you?
No one runs against him because they will lose. Vote for tim
Tim

Frankfort, IL

#74 Sep 20, 2011
yeah -vote for Tim the slug...NOT .. he is proving to be much too shady for my taste. scammer
Ridge Rats

United States

#75 Sep 21, 2011
Baldermann will be mayor forever. The ridge rats will group together and campaign for Tim if needed. Long live Tim and the ridge rats!
take control

New Lenox, IL

#76 Sep 21, 2011
Scorned wrote:
He gets to keep the money from the Republicans all legal. Great mayor progressive.
Sounds like you have a beef? Maybe you asked for a favor and Tim won't help you?
No one runs against him because they will lose. Vote for tim
Progressive? If he was an honest, intelligent, accountable public servant he would be trying to get ahead of an economic meltdown by seriously reducing government's burden on the taxpayers. Instead, he's enjoying the fruits of pension abuse and the power of home rule to keep his little empire growing at our expense.

Try reading more than the New Lenox Patch, the Herald News or the Southtown. They're lame papers that just skim serious issues and bow to politicians.

Housing values are in serious decline nationwide, and consumer spending is closely following that trend. I will guarantee you that the village and the school district will continue to raise your taxes because they do not care. And the more they lose taxpayers able to contribute because of job or home loss, the more they will raise taxes to aid themselves.

Wake up.
in the know

Plainfield, IL

#77 Sep 28, 2011
Old Timer wrote:
<quoted text>Does he have children with his new wife?
Sort of. She was married and expecting a child from her first husband, it was a difficult pregnancy, so she was hospitalized in her last trimester. Ol' Timmeh found time to visit her while she was there. Pretty thoughtful for the school board pres to visit his children's teacher in the hospital, huh? Shortly after she had the child, she filed for divorce from her husband and hooked up with that joker. Her family disapproved because her ex was a pretty great guy and knowing Timmeh had a wife and 4 children didn't sit well with them. She is now estranged from her family (her decision, or his), and Timmeh goes around claiming her child as his daughter--which she is NOT! He likes to pass off the family as one big happy Brady bunch. What a slimeball!
Crook

Blue Island, IL

#78 Jul 4, 2012
Money wrote:
<quoted text> What was up with that? I don't recall a pension issue.
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2010-07-16...
Turkish

United States

#79 Jul 4, 2012
That's harsh.
Anonymous

Mokena, IL

#80 Aug 18, 2012
If you people hate Balderman - and I for one certainly do - then why not freaking DO SOMETHING about it. The guy is a douchebag of the highest order, yet every election year he runs unopposed. Why doesn't someone just stand up? The biggest problem with the suburbs is that political officials are effectively elected for life. Nobody ever votes them out. Even when they screw us over. Repeatedly. Balderman in New Lenox, Claar in Bolingbrook... the list just goes on and on.

So I ask it again. WHY doesn't someone just run against him?
Hopefull

Chicago, IL

#81 Aug 24, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
If you people hate Balderman - and I for one certainly do - then why not freaking DO SOMETHING about it. The guy is a douchebag of the highest order, yet every election year he runs unopposed. Why doesn't someone just stand up? The biggest problem with the suburbs is that political officials are effectively elected for life. Nobody ever votes them out. Even when they screw us over. Repeatedly. Balderman in New Lenox, Claar in Bolingbrook... the list just goes on and on.
So I ask it again. WHY doesn't someone just run against him?
It is easy to throw stones at local politicians when you hide behind blogs but many do not wish to spend the time, money, or energy for such a thankless position.
They subject themselves and their family to public ridicule and scrutiny for everything they do going forward. For the $20k a year he gets for the job,not many people think it's worth it. Can't say I blame them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Lenox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Perspective. 22 min Hercules 13
Imagine if Obama had 1 hr Jus Sayin 14
Neighbor & Uni 4 hr Uh Okay Bob 15
This is What We Deal With 5 hr Sharky 52
Democrat Website 6 hr Robert Thomas 3
No Beaner day May One 6 hr Phil 4
Lincolnway Central Varsity Baseball #1 (Feb '11) 9 hr Not again 1,427

New Lenox Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance