First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Gina New Lenox

Chicago, IL

#1 May 23, 2012
I was shopping at Berkotís this morning and an electric box by the deli caught fire. It popped and flames started to come out. A man who said he was a retired firefighter quickly unplugged the device and put out the fire, he also moved everything away from the area where the fire was and told everyone to stay away. When the store staff called the manager the former fireman told him to call 911 and shut off the power supply which the manager refused to do, and he also put everything the other man moved back in place and kicked the burned plug under a display. I am standing there watching this and could not believe he would not call the fire department even though the other guy told him to do so at least 3 times. I do not care what they have on sale or what their prices are; I will never shop at another one of their stores because as far as I could tell they placed the lives of customers and employees in danger over the cost of doing business.
I do not believe you

Mount Prospect, IL

#2 May 23, 2012
Gina New Lenox wrote:
I was shopping at Berkotís this morning and an electric box by the deli caught fire. It popped and flames started to come out. A man who said he was a retired firefighter quickly unplugged the device and put out the fire, he also moved everything away from the area where the fire was and told everyone to stay away. When the store staff called the manager the former fireman told him to call 911 and shut off the power supply which the manager refused to do, and he also put everything the other man moved back in place and kicked the burned plug under a display. I am standing there watching this and could not believe he would not call the fire department even though the other guy told him to do so at least 3 times. I do not care what they have on sale or what their prices are; I will never shop at another one of their stores because as far as I could tell they placed the lives of customers and employees in danger over the cost of doing business.
Your story does not make any sense. You felt the fire department should have been called and people were in danger but you stood there and watched what happened? You are either a liar or incredibly stupid.
You get what you pay for

Lisle, IL

#3 May 23, 2012
Did you not see the inflatable Rat placed outside the store last month by local union tradesman because scabs are being used to do electrical and other construction work on Berkots stores.

“my-take-on-truth .blogspot.com”

Since: Dec 11

New Lenox, IL

#4 May 23, 2012
You get what you pay for wrote:
Did you not see the inflatable Rat placed outside the store last month by local union tradesman because scabs are being used to do electrical and other construction work on Berkots stores.
I asked those guys what the "rat" was for and they said that it was because non-union employees were being used in Orland's Berkots.

Was I given only a part of the story?
Scabbie the Rat

Lisle, IL

#5 May 23, 2012
An Anonymous Student wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked those guys what the "rat" was for and they said that it was because non-union employees were being used in Orland's Berkots.
Was I given only a part of the story?
There were non-union tradesman being used for construction work at the new OP store, not Berkots employees.
Gina New Lenox

Addison, IL

#6 May 23, 2012
I do not believe you wrote:
<quoted text>
Your story does not make any sense. You felt the fire department should have been called and people were in danger but you stood there and watched what happened? You are either a liar or incredibly stupid.
I was under the impression the staff was calling the fire department, if you think this is untrue call the store and ask for the manager and get his side of the story, other wise mind your own beeswax
I do not believe you

Mount Prospect, IL

#7 May 23, 2012
Gina New Lenox wrote:
<quoted text> I was under the impression the staff was calling the fire department, if you think this is untrue call the store and ask for the manager and get his side of the story, other wise mind your own beeswax
Okay, if you thought people were in danger and you stood and watched then you are just stupid. Also, in case you did not know this is a public forum, if you post it is everybody's business.
nlpeople

Downers Grove, IL

#8 May 23, 2012
Hummmmmm, Why did the retiered fireman not call the fire dept.???????

Since: Mar 11

Wilmington, IL

#9 May 23, 2012
This is to Gina New Lenox, why didn't you call 911 if you thought it was a great danger?? The only way I use Berkots is to take their flyer to Wal Mart and "compare shop"
gofuckyourself

Schaumburg, IL

#10 May 23, 2012
Both Berkots and the fire department are full of non union scab rats. I have seen Scabby out in front of both. I have no respect for both. Shop at your Local UNION Jewel and call Frankfort or Mokena if you have a fire. Why did the old firemen not call, because he knew better then to call a substandard non union scab filled outfit.
well

New Lenox, IL

#11 May 23, 2012
Call the fire marshal. They'll have to fix whatever the problem is or risk being shut down and that will cost them more money than just making whatever repairs are needed.
Unincorporated

New Lenox, IL

#12 May 23, 2012
Gina New Lenox wrote:
How do you think they get the broasted chicken so golden brown?
Stan

Chicago, IL

#13 May 23, 2012
He was only a Volly retiree. Not a union fireman. Once I was in the store and package of baloney got loose and people were slipping and sliding all over. The janitor was non union he could not clean it up Properly. The manager kicked it under the shelf.
Neighbor

Aurora, IL

#14 May 24, 2012
Now those Union folks will have to go shop at Walmart huh?
Maui

Downers Grove, IL

#15 May 24, 2012
Aren't those buildings inspected by the village prior to occupancy? You should call the fire marshal. Which Berkot's?
Stan

Frankfort, IL

#16 May 24, 2012
No Gina, your dangerous. I remember you from McDuffys back in the 90's you were dangerous on the dance floor. Now your dangerous at the Deli.
Gina New Lenox wrote:
Go to work

United States

#17 May 24, 2012
gofuckyourself wrote:
Both Berkots and the fire department are full of non union scab rats. I have seen Scabby out in front of both. I have no respect for both. Shop at your Local UNION Jewel and call Frankfort or Mokena if you have a fire. Why did the old firemen not call, because he knew better then to call a substandard non union scab filled outfit.
unions are a thing of the past. They need more
spokesman like you to reassure that. Quit complaining, get off your butt, and go apply for a job at Berkots. If your lucky, they will hire you.

New Lenox, IL

#19 May 24, 2012
Go to work wrote:
<quoted text>
unions are a thing of the past. They need more
spokesman like you to reassure that. Quit complaining, get off your butt, and go apply for a job at Berkots. If your lucky, they will hire you.
Workers banding together in order to have a say in their work is a thing of the past!
Jimmy Hoffa

Chicago, IL

#20 May 24, 2012
An Anonymous Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Workers banding together in order to have a say in their work is a thing of the past!
Where do you go to school? teachers unions are some of the most strong and powerfull around!
Business has a right to capitalize on it's products and services, and in this country, workers still have the right to capitalize on their labor. This right is protected by the National Labor Reations Act.

New Lenox, IL

#21 May 24, 2012
Jimmy Hoffa wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you go to school? teachers unions are some of the most strong and powerfull around!
Business has a right to capitalize on it's products and services, and in this country, workers still have the right to capitalize on their labor. This right is protected by the National Labor Reations Act.
1. In most cases, teachers' unions aren't a very good example of the types of unions that most union advocates like to see. It's essentially become a bureaucracy. A union shouldn't be like having a second boss. A union is a tool to be used by the workers. Anytime the workers have a disinterest with the union, you know something is wrong.
2. Are you suggesting that business AND labour can capitalize off of the same thing? It seems to me that the two almost always have opposing interests.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Lenox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Mayoral Election 4 hr Thanks 255
America Weakened 5 hr Patriot 1
Liberals...Pay Up ! 5 hr Patriot 3
Cruz - Our Next President 8 hr Sharky 30
GOP Order of the Day 13 hr Patriot 2
Coach "K" Blasts Obama Thu Oh come on 30
Cherry hill subdivision garage sale date (Mar '11) Thu Cherry Hill Resident 11
More from around the web

New Lenox People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE