Stop Staring & Whining
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
NewLenoxNeighbor s

Hillside, IL

#1 Jun 25, 2010
Dear Neighbors,

I am sorry you chose for whatever reason not to put a pool in your yard. Maybe you think it costs too much money, it's too much work, or you just don't need/want one- so stop staring at my family and I when we are enjoying our pool and stop whining that it is so hot outside and you wish you had a pool. Stop asking me questions about my pool year after year- if you had your own you would how much fun a pool is and that it really isn't that hard to take care. Stop having your kids hanging out staring at my kids in hopes that they invite them over to swim. We saved up three years to get a pool and you can too! If you can't afford a real pool buy your family one of those blow up pools, they cost about $200 and they can be quite refreshing and entertaining (that is what we had before we bought a pool).
AND quit complaining that your kids are bored and driving you crazy- maybe spend some money on a basketball net, trampoline,swingset or a pool- give your children something to do. Quit sending them outside to freeload off of everyone else.
If
George

Reddick, IL

#2 Jun 25, 2010
Mabe? Just mabe it's the bikini's you & your daughter wear that cause them to stare? Do ya think?
Alltofamiliar

Frankfort, IL

#3 Jun 25, 2010
We have almost the same situation by our house. Our neighbors become very friendly during the summer- they bring in our garbage cans, walk over with a beer or two if we are doing something in our garage, and ask us what we are cooking on the grill. AND then they bring up the pool and tell us their kids keep begging them to get a pool. Then they sit on their deck, point their chairs towards our yard, and just "hang out". We have a 6 foot fence, but they somehow find a way to see over it.
AND-I don't wear a bikini and either do my three sons! So George, your comment sucks!
My wife says they are getting pretty desperate- last week they offered up their air compressor if we ever need to blow up our pool floats! I think next time I see them gawking I'm going to throw our sprinkler over the fence and a squirt gun! How refreshing!
Reddick

Chicago, IL

#5 Jun 25, 2010
George meant that he enjoys staring at men in speedos
George

Reddick, IL

#6 Jun 26, 2010
To "both of you pool goddesses"

Seems to me... You spend a lot of time looking at your neighbors? You know every move they make? You say you have a 6' fence, yet somehow you know when your neighbors are looking your way? <lol Do ya think they don't notice you staring at them? They are probably telling their friends about you guys and how you stare at them, flaunt your pool, accept their beer & help, yet never invite them over. I think you are the ones that need help... You guys are the bad neighbors.... geezzzzz Hey, your pool is not a goal most people have in life. Maybe it's the zenith of yours but not others. Maybe your neighbor donates his funds to ASPCA, or Feed The Children, you don't know do you? Yet you judge them and accept "their" kindness..... I think it's you guys who are the selfish ones.... and are very self grandizing.

If I had a neighbor who brought me a beer or brought in my garbage cans I would be very grateful and return the favor with kindness. If they wanted a ride in my plane or boat I'd be happy to take them. Remember, life is short.... it's not how much gold you thin you have when it's over....it's how many people you helped along the way.

Now... you two families go to church, pray on this and think hard about what you are doing.
Mr Tibbs

Crystal Lake, IL

#7 Jun 26, 2010
NewLenoxNeighbors wrote:
Dear Neighbors,
I am sorry you chose for whatever reason not to put a pool in your yard. Maybe you think it costs too much money, it's too much work, or you just don't need/want one- so stop staring at my family and I when we are enjoying our pool and stop whining that it is so hot outside and you wish you had a pool. Stop asking me questions about my pool year after year- if you had your own you would how much fun a pool is and that it really isn't that hard to take care. Stop having your kids hanging out staring at my kids in hopes that they invite them over to swim. We saved up three years to get a pool and you can too! If you can't afford a real pool buy your family one of those blow up pools, they cost about $200 and they can be quite refreshing and entertaining (that is what we had before we bought a pool).
AND quit complaining that your kids are bored and driving you crazy- maybe spend some money on a basketball net, trampoline,swingset or a pool- give your children something to do. Quit sending them outside to freeload off of everyone else.
If
Let me guess, you piled on the debt and built a crummy above ground pool that takes up 3/4 of your back yard and is about 4 feet deep....yay. Where do your kids play when they can't use the pool?

If you have an inground pool and at least a 1/2 acre lot then I am truly envious. Let me know when I can send my kids over.
Alltofamiliar

Frankfort, IL

#8 Jun 26, 2010
First of all I don't accept my neighbors cheap ass Coor's Light beer, secondy I don't yell over the fence "Whatcha cooking" like they do, and thirdly there is no need to bring in my cans- it is something I do within 10 minutes of them being emptied by the garbage/recycling company. How do I know they are looking at me- because either their dog is barking nonstop and they are yelling at it, or their kids are practicing their batting skills and all I hear is the baseball whacking into the fence.

Sorry no debt here- even though my pool, deck, and fence cost us a pretty penny- I know how to manage our money.

And when my kids can't use the pool, I have a basketball net, hockey goal nets, they play sports, they fish, and I have a trampoline for those "chilly" days- BECAUSE my kids don't roam the hood in their bathing suits inflicting pain on everyone else. I watch the "bored" kids ride their bikes up & down the block in their bathing suits- looking for a dumb mom who will feel sorry for them and take them in.
Sorry- I didn't buy my pool to keep the kids/neighbors happy & cooled off on 90 degree days- that is what they have bathtubs for!
Chicago2010

Frankfort, IL

#9 Jun 26, 2010
The joy of living in an overcrowded suburb where once summer arrives the parents release their children from their cages and they run wild thru the neighboorhood.
Our neighbors everytime we do a home improvement job ask a million questions and scope out what we are throwing out.
A bit of advice- don't invite them over to swim- because once you break the whining cycle and give in they will expect it all the time. My friend across the street from me caved in a few years back and her pool is now the community pool. Her house and pool is a dumpng ground for those inconsiderate parents who think it's perfectly alright for their kids to spend 4-5 hours swimming at someonelse's pool, eating their food, and never offering to sit with the kids while they swim.
I got an extra soaking hose if your neighbors need it and I have a Koi pond if they really need to cool off and get their hair wet!
itsjustwater

Downers Grove, IL

#10 Jun 26, 2010
This is an interesting thread because it does touch on some important issues about neighbor relations. I sometimes wish we had a pool until I talk to people who have them and say that it's not all it's cracked up to be what with the expense and the kids lose interest after a couple of years of use. Our neighbors pool is above ground and the deck practically looks down on our yard, I don't like being out there when they're out there because of the lack of privacy. We have never been invited and I don't care, but the way their pool is positioned has affected the enjoyment of our own yard. I wish they gave that a little more thought, but, oh well. And really, so many people have pools these days, my kids have even grown somewhat bored with them with all of the invites they get. I think it's funny that some people with pools think that those who don't have one are just dying to get into yours, just not the case! Btw, to the original poster, would it kill ya to invite them over once in a while? There may come a time when you may need something from them....
Shirley

Reddick, IL

#11 Jun 26, 2010
I agree... I was surprised to read the original post and then to find a second was totally hilarious. I can't imagine two more self grandizing adults. Do they really think their pools are the want of every neighbor? How small minded are these two selfish families?,LOL The good news? They don't live on our block.... I wonder if she knows her husband fools around with the neighbor?
Dontyagetit

Frankfort, IL

#12 Jun 26, 2010
The original poster stated how it is her neighbor who is always whining about not having a pool and it is her neighbor who always asks her stuff about her pool. It is her neighbor who stares at her when they are swimming, it is her neighbor that complains that her kids are bored. If my neighbor was always bitching about the heat and being nosey about my pool, I would probably react the same way.
My neighbor bought a hot tub a few years back and I sure don't tell them about my bad arthritis and how soaking in a hot tub would really help my stiff joints. I certainly don't stare at them when I am picking up my dog shit, and I
don't ask them how much it cost to run the thing all winter long.
Problem solved: tell your neighbors to turn their beach chairs the other way and to mind their own business!
OH- YEAH I love it when some idiot talks about cheating- maybe if you had something in your mouth more often you wouldn't say nasty things about someone else's husband that doesn't live in your neighborhood!
i heard

United States

#13 Jun 26, 2010
NewLenoxNeighbors wrote:
Dear Neighbors,
I am sorry you chose for whatever reason not to put a pool in your yard. Maybe you think it costs too much money, it's too much work, or you just don't need/want one- so stop staring at my family and I when we are enjoying our pool and stop whining that it is so hot outside and you wish you had a pool. Stop asking me questions about my pool year after year- if you had your own you would how much fun a pool is and that it really isn't that hard to take care. Stop having your kids hanging out staring at my kids in hopes that they invite them over to swim. We saved up three years to get a pool and you can too! If you can't afford a real pool buy your family one of those blow up pools, they cost about $200 and they can be quite refreshing and entertaining (that is what we had before we bought a pool).
AND quit complaining that your kids are bored and driving you crazy- maybe spend some money on a basketball net, trampoline,swingset or a pool- give your children something to do. Quit sending them outside to freeload off of everyone else.
If
Yeah the words on the street that you walk around your pool shaking your booty and wearing fishnet thong bikini's.you crave attenion.
Shirley

Reddick, IL

#14 Jun 26, 2010
Dontyagetit wrote:
Problem solved: tell your neighbors to turn their beach chairs the other way and to mind their own business!
OH- YEAH I love it when some idiot talks about cheating- maybe if you had something in your mouth more often you wouldn't say nasty things about someone else's husband that doesn't live in your neighborhood!
Oh I see... you tell the neighbor who brings your garbage can in, offers a cold beer, communicates as a friend... to mind their own business when "you" want to flaunt in your pool. I see.... Hey, who is the better person? The one that gives kindness or the one that selfishly say's "mine...mine...mine" . I don't think you get it... <lol
sigmund freud

United States

#15 Jun 26, 2010
itsjustwater wrote:
This is an interesting thread because it does touch on some important issues about neighbor relations. I sometimes wish we had a pool until I talk to people who have them and say that it's not all it's cracked up to be what with the expense and the kids lose interest after a couple of years of use. Our neighbors pool is above ground and the deck practically looks down on our yard, I don't like being out there when they're out there because of the lack of privacy. We have never been invited and I don't care, but the way their pool is positioned has affected the enjoyment of our own yard. I wish they gave that a little more thought, but, oh well. And really, so many people have pools these days, my kids have even grown somewhat bored with them with all of the invites they get. I think it's funny that some people with pools think that those who don't have one are just dying to get into yours, just not the case! Btw, to the original poster, would it kill ya to invite them over once in a while? There may come a time when you may need something from them....
I agree with ya,People are so petty these days.When people lived in the great depression everybody helped each other out.My dad told me when he was a kid that his family wouldnt have made it through it at least not as healthy if one of his friends didnt throw him some of their families extra food.He said he was like clock work he use to call to the upper window and my dad would open up and start catching food.So what Im trying to say is if everyone looked at life like we are all in the same boat and we have to help each other out as much as we can.
Alltofamiliar

Frankfort, IL

#16 Jun 26, 2010
HELLO- my neighbor can give a rat's ass about me or anyone else on the block from September to June, but when summer comes- they turn into the friendly, summer is so hot whiner. I snow blow their sidewalk and the lower end of their driveway so they can easily get out of their driveway when the plow blocks us all in. I let them use my yard waste container for their grass because they are too cheap to buy bags & stickers or rent their own can. They use my garden hose to water their garden because their 50ft hose doesn't reach that side of their house. SO don't tell me I brag or flaunt my pool- because that is the last thing I do. Don't tell me I'm selfish- because you are so wrong.
I had their kids in my pool many times, and when their kids start acting like idiots, break my kids pool toys, and the parents are nowhere to be found- guess what- you are not welcome anymore in the pool.
So the next time I am cooking some fat juicy steaks and my neighbor yells over the fence, how about I invite him over to flip the steaks and ask him to patch the pool floats his kids destroyed last year. Better yet, I will show him how to vacuum the pool, so when we are sleeping his family can hop the fence and go skinny dipping. And then I will kindly give him my 100 ft hose and reel to keep, because that is what good neighbors do. AND then I will give him a 10 gallon bucket from Home Depot so they can dunk each other's heads when the temperature reaches 100 degrees and they are so hot and do bored.
They have a huge jetted tub in their master bathroom- I sure don't ask them if I can hop in and soak my dirty bragging ass.

“I'm just like you!”

Since: Jun 10

ourkansas

#17 Jun 26, 2010
Pools are very dangerous because you can drown in them if you aren't careful like my aunt sophie who had ate a bunch of lasanya then got in the pool and she had an seizure and drown so that could happen to you so please don't eat and swim thank you.
SUZYQ4U

Frankfort, IL

#18 Jun 26, 2010
"all to familiar" you are hiliarious! we all got ignorant neighbors who use everyone else for their benefit. it's a shame some give and many others just take. we are very private people and keep to ourselves. when our kids jump on our trampoline the kids behind us stand by the fence & watch. just because we are neighbors doesn't mean our kids have to play with theirs. i give u credit for standing ur ground, many people don't want a pool because of the maintenance involved so they think it's alright to use everyone else's. we use to have one of those big blow up waterslides and it didn't fit in our backyard so we set it up in the front yard. within 10 minutes we had at least 10 kids from the block hanging around with their bathing suits on. so i sat out there and let them slide down it, so everytime we set it up- bam, they all showed up, they never said thank you and no other parents ever helped me supervise. then one day the seam burst, it deflated, they all walked away, and in the garbage it went. i never felt so used in my life. the moral of my story: just because u got it doesn't mean u have to give it away!
..........happy summer to one and all..........
Pool owner

Frankfort, IL

#19 Jun 26, 2010
When you install a pool, there are DEFINATELY those neighbors that want to be your friend because of it and others that could care less. Personally, I don't want the responsibility of watching other kids and having the unthinkable happen. On the rare day we do have kids over, I don't move from MY $12,000 investment and watch their kids like a hawk. They play with and break MY KIDS toys and I replace them. They quietly complain to my kids that they are HUNGRY or THIRSTY and I get them a juice box, cookies, chips, ice cream, etc. There is NEVER an offer from the other parents. People without pools do not understand the amount of time and money it takes to operate a pool. Or even the responsibility or fear we have that one of their kids might sneak in and drown. They just assume we think we are BETTER then they are.
Can see through you

Chicago, IL

#20 Jun 26, 2010
Shirley wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I see... you tell the neighbor who brings your garbage can in, offers a cold beer, communicates as a friend... to mind their own business when "you" want to flaunt in your pool. I see.... Hey, who is the better person? The one that gives kindness or the one that selfishly say's "mine...mine...mine" . I don't think you get it... <lol
We don't think YOU get it Shirley! Why don't parents who freeload on us with pools offer to pay for lunch when your kids are over? The expense of the pool is nothing compared to the pop, lunches, ice cream, towels, dryer service for wet clothes, etc... A beer doesn't cut it sister!!! You can't possibly be serious about the garbage cans! I can see the likes of you coming from a mile away!
have fun with it

Elmhurst, IL

#21 Jun 26, 2010
I love having a pool and I love sharing it with my kid's friends. What is life about if you aren't enjoying it with others? So what if I give the kids lunch, drinks, somewhere to cool off - I am very lucky in life and thank God I get to see my children happy and healthy and surrounded by their friends enjoying themselves. Thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Lenox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lincoln-Way still stealing from kids 30 min Answers 17
Niners Kapernick Will be Cut 4 hr Kapernickisright 2
Clintons Pay to Play 5 hr HowMuchDoesIttake 5
Hypocrites 18 hr Onion Proud 9
So, how "Christian" is Donald Trump?? 18 hr 66 Books 34
The TRUE history of the Libertarian party..... 21 hr YouraLibTard 9
cnn 21 hr YouraLibTard 6

New Lenox Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Lenox Mortgages