"ILLEGAL" Immigrants
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Appalled

Wilmington, IL

#1 Jan 29, 2013
Give me a break. According to those who are trying to help the Republican party out, we are not supposed to refer to "illegal immigrants" as such. They should be called "undocumented immigrants". And yet......we should refer to their "pathway to citizenship" as "earned legal status". What's next....these words should be spoken in Spanish?

Can't have it both ways. If you want to be politically correct, follow the rules in the first place.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/conservati...
big guy

Frankfort, IL

#2 Jan 29, 2013
Appalled wrote:
Give me a break. According to those who are trying to help the Republican party out, we are not supposed to refer to "illegal immigrants" as such. They should be called "undocumented immigrants". And yet......we should refer to their "pathway to citizenship" as "earned legal status". What's next....these words should be spoken in Spanish?

Can't have it both ways. If you want to be politically correct, follow the rules in the first place.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/conservati...
Next drug dealers will be unlicensed pharmacists. And rapists will be extra love providers.
Professor

United States

#3 Jan 29, 2013
big guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Next drug dealers will be unlicensed pharmacists. And rapists will be extra love providers.
LOL! GOOD ONE! I'm sure that will happen one day soon at the rate we are declining!
John Sanchez

Lombard, IL

#4 Jan 29, 2013
I think you Republicans should refer to undocumented immigrants with the most vile invective that you can muster. After all, I don't know what Obama has in mind, but I won't miss the Republican Party, or their TEA Party cohort, after they finally put an end to themselves.
John Sanchez

Lombard, IL

#5 Jan 29, 2013
Actually, I kind of like living in a country that people try to sneak into. I guess Republicans prefer a country that people are trying to sneak out of.
USA

United States

#6 Jan 29, 2013
John Sanchez wrote:
Actually, I kind of like living in a country that people try to sneak into. I guess Republicans prefer a country that people are trying to sneak out of.
How about coming here legally? Is that too hard to ask? The only good thing about the economy being in the dumps is most of the Mexicans around here have stayed in Mexico the last four years.
Professor

United States

#7 Jan 29, 2013
John Sanchez wrote:
I agree. My question to you is then why do you support a party that is transforming everything here into exactly what people are running from throughout the world?
Mr Me

Downers Grove, IL

#8 Jan 29, 2013
Illegal key word here. So now the laws are saying Illegal is OK we will just make a lay that over rides it and get 11 million more votes for doing that. I know it is Illegal to speed and go thru stop signs but if I get stoped I will just ask to change the law so it is ok. WAKE UP if it is Illegal that means it is agenst the law. Send them back, They are taking 11 million jobs away from us. 11 Million jobs, DO YOU HEAR ME NOW.
Four More Years

Alexandria, VA

#9 Jan 29, 2013
USA wrote:
<quoted text>How about coming here legally? Is that too hard to ask? The only good thing about the economy being in the dumps is most of the Mexicans around here have stayed in Mexico the last four years.
It is going to be fun watching the Republicans trying to make inroads in the Hispanic community. They will roll out the red carpet. The Republicans avoided the cliff without resistance. They are now backed against the wall again. Obama doesn't have to do anything. The Republicans will do the heavy lifting.
We will have one of the biggest economic booms of all time once the illegal moniker is gone. Look through history and most boom times occurred after mass immigration.
Should have paid attention to those Spanish classes. Bienvenidos a America!
Four More Years

Alexandria, VA

#10 Jan 29, 2013
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. My question to you is then why do you support a party that is transforming everything here into exactly what people are running from throughout the world?
You support the party that is going to legalize them. Your party has betrayed you.
Professor

United States

#11 Jan 29, 2013
Four More Years wrote:
<quoted text>
You support the party that is going to legalize them. Your party has betrayed you.
I don't proclaim to support a party like you democrats. No matter what they do, even if its against my principles, I still vote for them and support them like you just demonstrated here. I tend to lean republican, because they support my principles more so than democrats. But if a republican is not supportive of my core principles and values, they don't get my support or money.
Professor

United States

#12 Jan 29, 2013
Mr Me wrote:
Illegal key word here. So now the laws are saying Illegal is OK we will just make a lay that over rides it and get 11 million more votes for doing that. I know it is Illegal to speed and go thru stop signs but if I get stoped I will just ask to change the law so it is ok. WAKE UP if it is Illegal that means it is agenst the law. Send them back, They are taking 11 million jobs away from us. 11 Million jobs, DO YOU HEAR ME NOW.
I agree. Great point . No one of conviction can dispute your position.
Four More Years

New Lenox, IL

#13 Jan 29, 2013
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>I don't proclaim to support a party like you democrats. No matter what they do, even if its against my principles, I still vote for them and support them like you just demonstrated here. I tend to lean republican, because they support my principles more so than democrats. But if a republican is not supportive of my core principles and values, they don't get my support or money.
Is your core value amnesty for illegals?
Four More Years

New Lenox, IL

#14 Jan 29, 2013
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>I don't proclaim to support a party like you democrats. No matter what they do, even if its against my principles, I still vote for them and support them like you just demonstrated here. I tend to lean republican, because they support my principles more so than democrats. But if a republican is not supportive of my core principles and values, they don't get my support or money.
You make some great points. You "tend" to lean Republican. Who is the last Democrat you voted for?
Appalled

Wilmington, IL

#15 Jan 30, 2013
The perpetrators of this shell game are counting on us to be damn fools.

I have always been clear that I am not against immigration or hispanics or any other group of people who follow the rules, as my grandparents did, and do the work it takes to be a part of our great country. My argument has always been that there is a clear distinction between legal and illegal. Insisting that these people be called "undocumented immigrants" is a step towards blurring the line between what is right and what is wrong.

Changing the wording doesn't change the reality or the billions and billions and billions of dollars this problem has cost our country. It is a sad day in America when we start basing decisions on the numbers who participate in the problem and their voting value rather than simply, what is right and what is wrong.

I wish I could say that calling it whatever you want doesn't change what it is but that is not true. These clever supporters of illegal immigration know very well that if they get rid of the word "illegal" they can change the direction of the argument and count on the support of people who fall for shell games.
Appalled

Wilmington, IL

#16 Jan 30, 2013
John Sanchez wrote:
I wonder, Mr. Sanchez, if it were Canadians sneaking over the border in huge numbers and expecting support, medical care and an education at our expense, would you be so cavalier?
Neighbor

Bloomington, IL

#18 Jan 30, 2013
Whats the difference Appalled? Obama wants Dem Voters is all. Now suck it up and pay for the 11 M.
really

Willowbrook, IL

#19 Jan 30, 2013
Neighbor wrote:
Whats the difference Appalled? Obama wants Dem Voters is all. Now suck it up and pay for the 11 M.
I bet you can double that number..then watch them all get Obama care..

New stream of voters for the Dems for years,

Rush ok make them legal- however they can't vote for 20 years.. WE could only wish for that.
Obama

Shorewood, IL

#20 Jan 30, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you can double that number..then watch them all get Obama care..
New stream of voters for the Dems for years,
Rush ok make them legal- however they can't vote for 20 years.. WE could only wish for that.
Yeah!!! Love Obama....Thank you Obama!!!
Obama

Shorewood, IL

#21 Jan 30, 2013
Illegal immigrants in control!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Lenox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CEO Pay at Top U.S. Companies Up 54 Percent Sin... 2 hr Tubman 13
Americans Would Prefer Denmark Social Safety Ne... 2 hr So There 3
New Lenox Neighborhood Watch Admin 3 hr Help shut down ch... 6
new lenox neighborhood watch group on facebook (Apr '14) 4 hr Joe Effinshmo 204
you're fired!! 13 hr LMFAO 8
News Lincoln-Way Board to Weigh Options for Future o... 17 hr Tingley 88
Why Bernie Sanders Will Defeat Any Republican i... 20 hr uh oh 14
More from around the web

New Lenox People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE