Nine Apply for Open D122 School Board...

Nine Apply for Open D122 School Board Position

There are 13 comments on the Patch.com story from Jul 5, 2012, titled Nine Apply for Open D122 School Board Position. In it, Patch.com reports that:

The New Lenox school board will choose from nine candidates to fill the vacancy left by Sue Gillooley, who resigned her position last month following stalking accusations.A District 122 school board president Nick DiSandro said nine applications were received by the deadline Monday, July 2, and that all applicants will be interviewed.A DiSandro ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

all in the family

Wayne, IL

#1 Jul 6, 2012
someone posted on the NL Patch that one of the applicants is a cousin of Baldermann's.
hmm

Frankfort, IL

#2 Jul 6, 2012
That wouldn't be surprising if it's true. Whoever gets it only has the spot until April. Then the voters can keep them or clean house. With 5 of the seats up next April seems like a perfect opportunity for the voters to do major house cleaning.
Another Male

United States

#3 Jul 9, 2012
I hope that the board chooses another male like Nick and Patrick. They bring good balance to the board. However, I was a Gillooley fan because she wasn't a trouble maker and was well respected by the community and her other board members. She never seemed to make any waves. It is ashame she resigned. Another male would be nice to see for a change.
As long as

Munster, IN

#4 Jul 9, 2012
As long as it's no one's relative, cousin, etc. Too much in-bred NL politics when things like this come up.
Yes Man

United States

#5 Jul 9, 2012
We do not want another Yes-Man like Kathy Markus. She seemed to do whatever the Mayor and Sass asked her to do. Gee I wonder WHY??
choose wisely

Mokena, IL

#6 Jul 10, 2012
Another Male wrote:
I hope that the board chooses another male like Nick and Patrick. They bring good balance to the board. However, I was a Gillooley fan because she wasn't a trouble maker and was well respected by the community and her other board members. She never seemed to make any waves. It is ashame she resigned. Another male would be nice to see for a change.
Have you been living under a rock?She wasn't respected by anyone including other board members for a very long time! She resigned because she was a stalker! It was loooooong overdue! She was a yes man just like Markus was as well. We do need another male or perhaps a senior citizen who has a new perspective. Someone with some business background would be great.
As long as

United States

#7 Jul 10, 2012
As long as it's no one's relative, cousin, etc. Repeat.
Troublemaker

Chicago, IL

#8 Jul 11, 2012
It's a shame Denise Swider didn't apply. She know what she's talking about and she's all about the kids.
Tell Me Why

Calumet City, IL

#9 Jul 12, 2012
Yes Man wrote:
We do not want another Yes-Man like Kathy Markus. She seemed to do whatever the Mayor and Sass asked her to do. Gee I wonder WHY??
Why?
Decision 2012

Chicago, IL

#10 Jul 12, 2012
The board has already made their choice.
curious cathy

New Lenox, IL

#11 Jul 12, 2012
Decision 2012 wrote:
...and who would that be?
Decision 2012

Chicago, IL

#12 Jul 12, 2012
Which one of the candidates was Balderman's cousin?
Yes

Frankfort, IL

#13 Jul 12, 2012
Decision 2012 wrote:
The voters get to make their choice next April. Whichever one they choose will have to run in the April election to keep that spot on the board. 5 board members are up for re-election next April. That is a wonderful opportunity for the voters to clean house and vote them all off the board. The voters need to take that board back and put decent people who want to represent the taxpayers and not Sass and company. The last voter turnout was pathetic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Lenox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roads Skaler 21 min Appalled 9
Trump's Inaugural Address 1 hr Appalled 20
LW elections 1 hr pig kim 30
Democrats should push for presidential candidat... 1 hr Appalled 60
Yup Yup Yup 1 hr Appalled 11
Petition for White House to address trump tax r... 2 hr JustVisiting 1
Omg- now they are called alternative facts YIPES 2 hr JustVisiting 1

New Lenox Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance