First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Matt

New Lenox, IL

#1 Jul 23, 2006
It is said that New Lenox is one of the most paranormal areas in Illinois, right next to Batchelor's Grove and Reserrection Cemetery. The story goes that Clinton Rd. was a mob dumping site, the golf coarse uncovered Indian Burial ground, and a major creek that runs through many of the neighborhoods is said to be haunted in various locations. Can any one actually comfirm history of violent/unusual deaths in these locations, or add to the claims? The only thing that checked out so far is the Indian (Native American) Burial ground.

Since: Apr 07

New Lenox, IL

#2 Apr 8, 2007
That's news to me..
I've been to Batcjlor's grove, and geez..nothing.-_-

Since: May 07

Chicago, IL

#4 May 1, 2007
Never heard about that... would be curious if any of it's "true"
White Sox rule

New Lenox, IL

#5 Jun 23, 2007
Matt, I suggest you contact the Will County Ghost Hunters society. They have a website.

“Got to repel the liberal horde”

United States

#6 Jun 25, 2007
The Pirates of Lenox wrote:
That's news to me..
I've been to Batchelor's grove, and geez..nothing.-_-
I've also been to Batchelor's Grove, during a full moon. It's supposedly the most haunted place in Illinois. Absolutely nothing to report. It was incredibly boring, but I can say I was there.
Just Asking

Hillside, IL

#7 Jun 29, 2007
There was a murder victim dumped along Clinton Road about 15 years ago. I think this was a gang member that was dumped during the night.
thefamilyguy

El Dorado Hills, CA

#8 Jul 1, 2007
YOU PEOPLE ARE CRAZY! GET A LIFE! ARE THEIR GHOSTS OUT THERE? BOO!
thefamilyguy

El Dorado Hills, CA

#9 Jul 1, 2007
BOO!
CASPER

El Dorado Hills, CA

#10 Jul 1, 2007
FOR ALL THE PEOPLE WHO WONDER ABOUT GHOSTS, LET ME HAVE YOUR WIFE OR GIRLFRIEND AND THEY CAN TELL YOU HOW FRIENDLY I AM!
CASPER

El Dorado Hills, CA

#11 Jul 1, 2007
Matt wrote:
It is said that New Lenox is one of the most paranormal areas in Illinois, right next to Batchelor's Grove and Reserrection Cemetery. The story goes that Clinton Rd. was a mob dumping site, the golf coarse uncovered Indian Burial ground, and a major creek that runs through many of the neighborhoods is said to be haunted in various locations. Can any one actually comfirm history of violent/unusual deaths in these locations, or add to the claims? The only thing that checked out so far is the Indian (Native American) Burial ground.
BOO!
jeff

Mokena, IL

#12 Aug 13, 2007
matt, i have heard from numerous ppl and news articles i guess have been pulled up of a dad hanging his two children in the house on clinton road. ive been there a few times. ive seen a green light in the upstiars windows. heard breaking noises and some flashes of light and shit. someof it was prolyl just everybodys head but its still freaky with a few guy up there late at night but the guy next door freaks out if he sees u out there then u have to book it hardcore
Clinton Road

Frankfort, IL

#13 Oct 9, 2007
There are no floors in this house, just planks across part of the basement. We have been there before and it is a 2-story house with no upstairs. It is said that you cant hear the highway next to it or that you see green lights but none of that is true
mary broda

Crystal Lake, IL

#14 Oct 28, 2007
The Pirates of Lenox wrote:
That's news to me..
I've been to Batcjlor's grove, and geez..nothing.-_-
I,also have not seen a ghost at B.Cemetery.I,went
there around dusk time,There were some old tomb stones and a lake.
mary broda

Crystal Lake, IL

#15 Oct 28, 2007
i,have to see one to belive it....

“Seeing is believing”

Since: Oct 07

creekman

#16 Oct 29, 2007
mary broda wrote:
i,have to see one to belive it....
More times than most ghosts see us before we see them, so they hide unless they are there to send you a sign of warning that you are in peril. They do not haunt you, as this time of year would have you believe.

“Got to repel the liberal horde”

United States

#17 Oct 30, 2007
Has anyone ever heard of "Axeman's Bridge" in Crete? My wife and a friend and I went there to check it out. We found the bridge but nothing more. My wife said she felt creepy there, but the only thing I was concerned about is that it's so close to homes I didn't want to get in trouble for being on someone's property. My wife has tried to find out if the story of a man killing his family with an axe on that property is true but has had no luck.
angry

Mokena, IL

#18 Jan 9, 2008
Nl Schools are supposed to have 0 tolerates but don't
Matt

Geneva, IL

#19 Feb 3, 2008
I live right in the subdivision overlooking clinton road, and soneone has puchased the house, and have tv's in there all the time. theres a silver ford explorer there to, so, its nothing creepy, as for the cemetary, its cool, i guess cause of the dead indians, but its creepy if you want it to be. I have heard no reports of a ghost man or mob killing, but it all might be true.
NL Bill

Frankfort, IL

#20 Mar 7, 2008
yo i was at clinton tonight for a fight and in top right window from the abandoned house every 10 mins or so a purples light wood flicked in an upstairs window, freaky shit. you don't believe it? go check it out at night yourself
CAPECCCCIIIIIII

Wheaton, IL

#21 Mar 8, 2008
yaeh for real i was there last night and the top right of the abandoned house there was this flashing blue and purple light no one was even around tha house there somethin deff in there but i think that it will only come out if you piss on the house er somethin of that matter im thinkin bout takin a shit on it tonite actaully

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Lenox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Spending your tax dollars 2 hr Mr Ripley 14
AHCA Post 3 hr Huh 7
Alternates 4 hr Appalled 6
Firemen are overpaid (Mar '11) 4 hr Try2Comprehend 340
How low can Donald go 4 hr Commando 20
The Kochs vs Trump - Who Will Win On Healthcare? 8 hr Actually 1
Im President 17 hr LOL 1

New Lenox Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance