First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Fireman

Aurora, IL

#1 Feb 7, 2013
I can't believe this. No overhead lights are to be installed on our new strip of US 30.

It's dark out there and at night the angles of the pavement make seeing the lane lines very difficult.

Or are no lights going to make it easier for the NLPD to nail speeders?
well really now

Lisle, IL

#2 Feb 7, 2013
Fireman wrote:
I can't believe this. No overhead lights are to be installed on our new strip of US 30.
It's dark out there and at night the angles of the pavement make seeing the lane lines very difficult.
Or are no lights going to make it easier for the NLPD to nail speeders?
Get your eyes checked. Turn your head lights on. If it is still too dark for you, move back to Chicago where they have the high intensity crime lighting you want.
Blame

Shorewood, IL

#3 Feb 8, 2013
It's the democalypse that Neighbor and Professor have been preaching about on every topic out here. No street lights for cover of darkness. Tricky democrats.
XYZ

Chicago, IL

#4 Feb 8, 2013
Blame wrote:
It's the democalypse that Neighbor and Professor have been preaching about on every topic out here. No street lights for cover of darkness. Tricky democrats.
Seems you do a pretty good job yourself in turning topics into political debates!
Fireman

Aurora, IL

#6 Feb 9, 2013
well really now wrote:
<quoted text>
Get your eyes checked. Turn your head lights on. If it is still too dark for you, move back to Chicago where they have the high intensity crime lighting you want.
What an idiotic statement.

When your sorry ass car gets T-boned by a truck you didn't see, you'll be the one crying that there isn't enough light.

When your dumb kid - or you - dressed in Goth black gets pegged by a car, you'll be pissed because the motorist never saw you.

When one of NLPD's finest comes out of the dark to pinch you for upwards of $600 while you're speeding and cell-phoning in a construction zone, you'll be the one moaning.

Don't say you turned down chance on here to be be rational.
Concealed Carry

New Lenox, IL

#7 Feb 9, 2013
Considering the expense regarding this new stretch of road, one would think they could afford some lighting. It's like building a $70 million dollar high school and then saying they can't budget enough money for two full time police to guard against a Sandy Hook style massacre. What a crock!
Professor

United States

#9 Feb 10, 2013
Obama and the democrats want it dark like north korea at night. Darkness is a trait of communism and the devil. They both go hand in hand!
hold on

Wheaton, IL

#10 Feb 10, 2013
Fireman wrote:
<quoted text>
When your sorry ass car gets T-boned by a truck you didn't see, you'll be the one crying that there isn't enough light.
When your dumb kid - or you - dressed in Goth black gets pegged by a car, you'll be pissed because the motorist never saw you.
When one of NLPD's finest comes out of the dark to pinch you for upwards of $600 while you're speeding and cell-phoning in a construction zone, you'll be the one moaning.
So your complaining that the road is too dark and needs lighting. Thus creating an unsafe driving condition. Yet it your two posts you keep up the theme of New Lenox PD catching people for speeding and cell phoning in a construction zone. One would think you would not be concerned with NLPD catching you doing anything, as you would be concentrating on driving more carefully on a dark stretch of road. Seems to me your theme is just anti NLPD and really has little to do with the amount of lighting. Which the NLPD has no say over. Yes they could give input.However that particular agency does not govern such matters. And the way people drive around this town, NLPD most certainly does not need the cover of darkness to catch speeders or cell phone violators. In fact I would imagine that on an extremely dark road it would be very difficult to see someone inside a vehicle that is speeding past and be able to see if they are on a cell phone. So the cover of darkness may actually hinder the NLPD ability to see someone on said phone.
hold this

New Lenox, IL

#11 Feb 10, 2013
Spoken like a true cop.
Neighbor

Aurora, IL

#12 Feb 10, 2013
Did I miss something? Is it illegal to be on your cell phone while driving in NL?
Appalled

Wilmington, IL

#13 Feb 10, 2013
Neighbor wrote:
Did I miss something? Is it illegal to be on your cell phone while driving in NL?
In a construction zone it is.
Appalled

Wilmington, IL

#14 Feb 10, 2013
hold this wrote:
Spoken like a true cop.
.....whose thankless job is appreciated by those of us who are tired of suffering the consequences of actions taken by those who don't have a lick of common sense.
well really now

Lisle, IL

#15 Feb 10, 2013
Fireman wrote:
<quoted text>
If your night vision is that poor you should not be driving. It is not that dark at any point on route 30, pay attention and you should not have a problem.
hold on

Wheaton, IL

#16 Feb 10, 2013
hold this wrote:
Spoken like a true cop.
Or anyone who has any common sense, and can see through someones BS rant. Im all for more lighting and making the roadway as safe as possible. My family travels along there as well. However I am sure not foolish enough to think that the road is not lit to allow the local police to catch speeders.
well really now

Lisle, IL

#17 Feb 10, 2013
Neighbor wrote:
No, not illegal, it is just STUPID. Laws don't fix stupid.
Actually

Channahon, IL

#18 Feb 10, 2013
It is illegal in a construction zone. Which I believe one poster stated.
Anonymous

Chicago, IL

#19 Feb 10, 2013
I think it does not matter what any other person believes is right. It may be their opinion but only my opinion truly matters. My little Georgy just loves running around up over there, and the only reason he can is due to there being no lights. I currently enjoy that he is happy, so I cannot say I want those lights. In fact, I have to request that all lights be removed from the streets so my little four year old grandson could always, at all times, have a joyous time roaming the dark streets. I'm sure him and my little Perisala would just love it! <3
sugar mama

Chicago, IL

#20 Feb 10, 2013
BabyLover415 wrote:
I think it does not matter what any other person believes is right. It may be their opinion but only my opinion truly matters. My little Georgy just loves running around up over there, and the only reason he can is due to there being no lights. I currently enjoy that he is happy, so I cannot say I want those lights. In fact, I have to request that all lights be removed from the streets so my little four year old grandson could always, at all times, have a joyous time roaming the dark streets. I'm sure him and my little Perisala would just love it! <3
I agree with you! Little Georgy is sooooo cute when he runs around in circles all day.
Just Me

Frankfort, IL

#21 Feb 10, 2013
I'm hoping its just not fully completed yet and that they'll have lighting on all cross roads at the very least!
Professor

United States

#22 Feb 10, 2013
hold on wrote:
<quoted text>
So your complaining that the road is too dark and needs lighting. Thus creating an unsafe driving condition. Yet it your two posts you keep up the theme of New Lenox PD catching people for speeding and cell phoning in a construction zone. One would think you would not be concerned with NLPD catching you doing anything, as you would be concentrating on driving more carefully on a dark stretch of road. Seems to me your theme is just anti NLPD and really has little to do with the amount of lighting. Which the NLPD has no say over. Yes they could give input.However that particular agency does not govern such matters. And the way people drive around this town, NLPD most certainly does not need the cover of darkness to catch speeders or cell phone violators. In fact I would imagine that on an extremely dark road it would be very difficult to see someone inside a vehicle that is speeding past and be able to see if they are on a cell phone. So the cover of darkness may actually hinder the NLPD ability to see someone on said phone.
Dont act like you cops don't like sticking it to people. That's why you took the job. That's your only thrill of the day........ruining someone else's.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Lenox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ron Sly for Mayor? 32 min Home of Proud Ame... 37
Gay Activist Protestors Have Egg On Their Face 1 hr big ballz 40
New Lenox School District 122 Election 1 hr Irish 15
Ron 4 hr This all seems nuts 11
Willy, Allen & Nicky in it for the teachers 4 hr On the take 16
Serious Transition 5 hr God 17
Poll Mayoral Election Tue swimmy 126
More from around the web

New Lenox People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE