Sorry. pre coffee... that should be "people" not "peope"
Unincorporated

Beecher, IL

#3 Mar 12, 2013
Get a life
Neighbor

Bolingbrook, IL

#4 Mar 12, 2013
Use your other name, Unincorporated is used by someone else.

In regard to this threads topic.. Get an opinion.
Nuts

Glendale Heights, IL

#5 Mar 12, 2013
So why are they called "Obamaphones" if the program was started under George H.W. Bush?
The government needs to abolish this or just give them a land line. Imagine all the drug deals that go down on our tax dollars.
Professor

Mokena, IL

#6 Mar 12, 2013
Nuts wrote:
So why are they called "Obamaphones" if the program was started under George H.W. Bush?
The government needs to abolish this or just give them a land line. Imagine all the drug deals that go down on our tax dollars.
They weren't started under bush. That's how Obama and the democrats solicit votes from the deadbeats of society that refuse to work. No republicans get obamaphones or "goodies" from the government. We are fiscally responsible and work for everything we have. I'm one who don't want to support the deadbeats of society. My motto is GET A JOB OR STARVE!
secret id

Romeoville, IL

#7 Mar 12, 2013
Neighbor wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/politic s/2013/03/11/gop-lawmaker-call s-out-govt-program-that-gives- cell-phones-to-dead-people/
Didnt I say this before??? It wasn't Obama who introduced these phones. The "Obama phone" was invented my Regan!! Silly :-)
secret id

Romeoville, IL

#8 Mar 12, 2013
Neighbor wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/politic s/2013/03/11/gop-lawmaker-call s-out-govt-program-that-gives- cell-phones-to-dead-people/
Ok, now back to your actual point. Wasting our money on providing cell phones for the dead is a "little" much!!
At least they're not using the minutes provided.. Or is that just a bigger waste because it's prepaid?!
We are screwed!!!!
secret id

Romeoville, IL

#9 Mar 12, 2013
Ok, we are all kind of right. Introduced by regan admin, but put into effect during bush admin.
http://thinkprogress.org/election/2012/09/27/...
Neighbor

Bolingbrook, IL

#10 Mar 12, 2013
It's just one more example of good intentions for someone in need, gone quadruple by Government idiots. Of course the "takers" will keep taking free stuff, we need to curtail these type of programs to assure only those in dire need get help. Where do you think they get the list of names? Voter records? Government aid names? How are people getting 10 of these phones too?

So very frustrating.
secret id

Mokena, IL

#11 Mar 12, 2013
Neighbor wrote:
It's just one more example of good intentions for someone in need, gone quadruple by Government idiots. Of course the "takers" will keep taking free stuff, we need to curtail these type of programs to assure only those in dire need get help. Where do you think they get the list of names? Voter records? Government aid names? How are people getting 10 of these phones too?

So very frustrating.
I also wonder where they are getting these names. I know someone who is on SSI and has one of these phones, but to my knowledge he had to apply for it. It's very basic, 250 minutes, I believe.. But can see the reasoning behind the program.
I am very afraid for the future of this country.
Nuts

Glendale Heights, IL

#12 Mar 12, 2013
secret id wrote:
<quoted text>
I also wonder where they are getting these names. I know someone who is on SSI and has one of these phones, but to my knowledge he had to apply for it. It's very basic, 250 minutes, I believe.. But can see the reasoning behind the program.
I am very afraid for the future of this country.
They get the names from people getting link cards, welfare, social security, WIC, etc.
Professor

Mokena, IL

#13 Mar 12, 2013
Why are we giving these deadbeats who refuse to work and contribute to society anything? As a humane society we should help the helpless by all means, but "F" the hopeless!

WORK OR STARVE!!!!!
Four More Years

New Lenox, IL

#14 Mar 12, 2013
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>They weren't started under bush. That's how Obama and the democrats solicit votes from the deadbeats of society that refuse to work. No republicans get obamaphones or "goodies" from the government. We are fiscally responsible and work for everything we have. I'm one who don't want to support the deadbeats of society. My motto is GET A JOB OR STARVE!
They were started under Bush and Reagan did the same thing with landlines. It's alright to have an opinion but you seem to be confusing opinions and facts.
Four More Years

New Lenox, IL

#15 Mar 12, 2013
Neighbor wrote:

So very frustrating.
They apply,kind of like unemployment. You apply and if you are approved you get unemployment/phone. What is your definition of dire need?
Four More Years

New Lenox, IL

#16 Mar 12, 2013
Professor wrote:
Why are we giving these deadbeats who refuse to work and contribute to society anything? As a humane society we should help the helpless by all means, but "F" the hopeless!

WORK OR STARVE!!!!!
If I remember you took unemployment once. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Neighbor

Bolingbrook, IL

#17 Mar 13, 2013
Four More Years wrote:
<quoted text>
They apply,kind of like unemployment. You apply and if you are approved you get unemployment/phone. What is your definition of dire need?
If that's true, how do dead people get sent the phone? How do people get several phones?

Dire need? Probably could come up with several definitions. One might be Unemployable vs Unemployed, for example.
secret id

Mokena, IL

#18 Mar 13, 2013
Neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>If that's true, how do dead people get sent the phone? How do people get several phones?

Dire need? Probably could come up with several definitions. One might be Unemployable vs Unemployed, for example.
My husband has been on unemployment for a month, in the last year, and didnt receive a phone. You have to apply for them. This is why I'm wondering how dead people are getting them. Someone is most likely applying for them, fraudulently. They don't just send them out.
Professor

Mokena, IL

#19 Mar 13, 2013
Four More Years wrote:
<quoted text>
They were started under Bush and Reagan did the same thing with landlines. It's alright to have an opinion but you seem to be confusing opinions and facts.
They didn't hand out cell phones. It was land lines. Obamaphones are a completely different program. You get your facts straight.
Four Moe Years

Gurnee, IL

#20 Mar 13, 2013
Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't hand out cell phones. It was land lines. Obamaphones are a completely different program. You get your facts straight.
Check again for that program.Cellphone program existed before Obama.Maybe Fox did not report it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Lenox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
These people LOVE that TRUMP is running for POT... (Jul '15) 1 hr TRUMP President ... 26
Trump is a loser 1 hr TRUMP President ... 24
Will the REAL Lway taxpayers unite! (Nov '15) 5 hr the point 4,013
Here's the growing list of big-name Republicans... 6 hr TRUMP 1
ALL of my followers..... 6 hr TRUMP 1
Watch: 1997 Trump BRAGS about dodging the draft 7 hr TRUMP 24
Trump vs Trump 7 hr TRUMP 11

New Lenox Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Lenox Mortgages