grooveholmes

United States

#227 Jun 22, 2011
Let your little boys grow up. You cant protect them from everything forever. The first time something doesnt go right for them they wont know how to act. Will they know how to handle adversity?
Joke

West Chicago, IL

#228 Jun 23, 2011
Now that baseball season has almost come to a end and people are now scrambling to find out if their kid will make the team for next year or if they have to find a new team to go on ect.. I see how the kiss ass's are comming out.. Please people if youre kid is GOOD enough to make the team keep your lips to yourself U make urself look ridiciouls
Mike S

United States

#229 Jun 24, 2011
Joke wrote:
Now that baseball season has almost come to a end and people are now scrambling to find out if their kid will make the team for next year or if they have to find a new team to go on ect.. I see how the kiss ass's are comming out.. Please people if youre kid is GOOD enough to make the team keep your lips to yourself U make urself look ridiciouls
Yes it is that time of year. Parents in small groups talking about kids and coaches. More teams are beginning to form as team will break up and there will be two teams instead of 1. One thing for sure everyone one will find a team when its said and done.I have already heard about 3 12u teams that are breaking up and that means 3 new teams next year at 13u. Travel Baseball like it or not its not going away.
team

Flushing, NY

#230 Jun 24, 2011
Mike S wrote:
<quoted text>Yes it is that time of year. Parents in small groups talking about kids and coaches. More teams are beginning to form as team will break up and there will be two teams instead of 1. One thing for sure everyone one will find a team when its said and done.I have already heard about 3 12u teams that are breaking up and that means 3 new teams next year at 13u. Travel Baseball like it or not its not going away.
That happens often with travel baseball.
gotnorocks

Chicago, IL

#231 Jul 7, 2011
anyone tell me how much to play travel baseball. Lots of teams asking my son to try out (although based on this posting it may not be worth the price). Rebels Celtics and Blaze and Prospects. anyone give me a range. I hear it is allot, and I dont have allot
bitchnmoan

Posen, IL

#232 Jul 7, 2011
1400-2000. You fund raise a large amount of it... I don't think we have ever gone out of pocket (personally)
gotnorocks

Chicago, IL

#233 Jul 7, 2011
thanks. so i need to find out how much fundraising they each do. if we can work on fundraising instead of going out of pocket that would be great
S Sosa

Mchenry, IL

#234 Jul 17, 2011
How many teams are prospects having?? What's a slide program.??
WTF

Gilberts, IL

#235 Jul 17, 2011
S Sosa wrote:
How many teams are prospects having?? What's a slide program.??
Its when you slide your money into the Prospect mobile and get nothing back.
aretha says

New Lenox, IL

#237 Jul 18, 2011
What you want
Baby, I got
What you need
Do you know I got it?
All I'm askin'

R-E-S-P-E-C-T ...

Sing it, Freddy!

And while you're at it... sha-na-na-na sha-na-na-na hey, hey, hey... GOODBYE
Funny

Fairport, NY

#238 Jul 19, 2011
Thanks for the laugh. RESPECT and PROSPECT are similar enough words; maybe that jag bag can go play for them.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#239 Jul 21, 2011
I hear Rebel coaches are e-mailing Prospect parents trying to get them to come to their team lol Isn't that the kind of stuff Rebel teams accuse other teams of doing. Guess they can't get enough players from their own in house program so they are going after kids from other teams. Nice

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#240 Jul 21, 2011
rumor is.. a large majority of the prospects team are leaving for the 2012 season. So much for player retention

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#241 Jul 21, 2011
Steve Nash wrote:
rumor is.. a large majority of the prospects team are leaving for the 2012 season. So much for player retention
I am sure if you checked back last year you will probably find the same post with the same rumors. Other local teams keep their fingers crossed and hope every year the teams will break up since they can't beat them
Out

Mchenry, IL

#242 Jul 21, 2011
Can't beat them!!! because they have no coaching!!!! Have the talent!!! But not the coaching....
Duhh

Channahon, IL

#243 Jul 21, 2011
amusing99 wrote:
I hear Rebel coaches are e-mailing Prospect parents trying to get them to come to their team lol Isn't that the kind of stuff Rebel teams accuse other teams of doing. Guess they can't get enough players from their own in house program so they are going after kids from other teams. Nice
Prospect kids are Rebel kids and were smoozed by Mr. Politician into coming to the Prospects - sorry that now they are wanting to come back. Nobody had to email them - they have been the ones making the calls. Why you so upset? With this great winning record - people still want to leave.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#244 Jul 21, 2011
rumor also has it... that the reasoning behind adding a second team for the 2012 season was because King Korbel caught word of the mass exiting. And to cover his behind advertised the second team for that age group hoping to find enough talent to fill the void of talent rumored to be leaving.
Duhh

Channahon, IL

#245 Jul 21, 2011
amusing99 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure if you checked back last year you will probably find the same post with the same rumors. Other local teams keep their fingers crossed and hope every year the teams will break up since they can't beat them
Rebels have beat them. Prospects should win. They can recruit as far away as Indiana and Rebels have to mainly stay in the community. It is a huge advantage to the Proapects. It really isn't going to matter - all the trophies in the world doesn't cover that a Major/Elite team brags about beating AA teams...oh and when the parents look back and add up all the money that was stolen from them...
really

Frankfort, IL

#246 Jul 21, 2011
Duhh wrote:
<quoted text>
Rebels have beat them. Prospects should win. They can recruit as far away as Indiana and Rebels have to mainly stay in the community. It is a huge advantage to the Proapects. It really isn't going to matter - all the trophies in the world doesn't cover that a Major/Elite team brags about beating AA teams...oh and when the parents look back and add up all the money that was stolen from them...
ok MR Baseball, I guess the Tornados, Sparks, Quad City Hitmen, the teams beaten at the Michigan Major elite and the entire KII Elite division that were beaten were all AA teams. Nice try with a tired argument. 11u team is second in the state right behind tornados in USSSA power rating for MAJOR teams which uses a formula of record of teams beaten , record of teams lost to etc.. and the 11u team ranks 13th in the nation in the Major Division. Must be a soft schedule right. lol Where are the Rebels and rest of local teams, better look way, way down the list even in triple AAA but once again we play the soft schedule. Nice try. Keep up the tired old arguments and we will keep winning.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#247 Jul 21, 2011
oooh ooooh you forgot to mention the Chicago Angels. Refresh us again with that shutout score... 40+ runs in 5 innings?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Lenox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cops Assassinated In NY 2 min Four More Years 23
nypd shooting 7 min Mr Sharky 7
Look At Liberalism 8 min Four More Years 52
Ocare Destroying Lives 55 min Four More Years 53
Its Time 2 hr Robert Thomas 24
A Nation In Decline 2 hr Robert Thomas 76
Thanks Senator Cruz 2 hr John Sanchez 50
New Lenox Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

New Lenox People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

New Lenox News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in New Lenox

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:07 am PST

Bleacher Report 8:07AM
Detroit Lions vs. Chicago Bears: Live Detroit Score and Analysis
Bleacher Report 8:31 AM
Detroit Lions vs. Chicago Bears: Live Chicago Score and Analysis
NBC Sports 8:50 AM
Kyle Long inactive for Sunday's game vs. Detroit
NBC Sports 9:03 AM
Jay Cutler active vs. Lions, will back up Jimmy Clausen
Bleacher Report 9:23 AM
Indianapolis Colts vs. Dallas Cowboys: Live Dallas Score and Analysis