First Prev
of 2
Next Last
New Lenox

New Lenox, IL

#1 Nov 17, 2012
Does anyone have any opinion on O'Malley Builders. I have been consider purchasing a home with him?
Water Chase Resident

New Lenox, IL

#2 Nov 17, 2012
Stay Away from O'Malley Builders...takes 6 months to build a home and you will never see service after you close! Stick with another builder that understands quality construction and does not go for the cheapest bid.
New to this

New Lenox, IL

#3 Nov 18, 2012
O'Malley built our home. The quality of the house is very good overall but every new house has small issues. We found that he came back and fixed the few problems we had. He is very easy to deal with but as a home builder you need to stay on top of everything ... you need to visit often and make sure things are done. Put EVERYTHING is writing and don't trust his office assistant to communicate your concerns ... she may or may not do it. O'Malley is out to make money just as every other builder. Know that you can shop for your own tile, carpeting, etc. ... offer to take an allowance and do your own shopping. Good luck ... building a home is much more expensive than you would imagine.
Water Chase Resident

New Lenox, IL

#4 Nov 18, 2012
He says one thing and does just to opposite of what he said. Make certain everything is in WRITING!! COVER your Butt. I would think that someone like Flattery Builders is much better!
Wino Why Yes

New Lenox, IL

#7 Nov 18, 2012
What do you expect from a bunch of drunks? Just try to make sure they stay sober until 9am. That should keep the walls from falling down right away. You should watch them put in a light bulb!
Foreclosures OMalley

New Lenox, IL

#8 Nov 21, 2012
Does anyone know what is the Status with the O'Malley Bank Foreclosures? I understand a lot of his properties have gone back to the BANK.
OMalley Builders BAD

New Lenox, IL

#9 Jan 1, 2013
Make sure that all your information you recieved is written down. We purchased a home already under construction in Horizon Meadows and had nothing but problems with level of construction details. My recommendation is get everything in writting and expect lies and delays. Just protect yourself.
lawyer

United States

#10 Jan 1, 2013
The concern with building a house in this economy is the finances of the builder. The home is not yours until you close. Any and all monies given to the builder as deposits before you close will be LOST if the builder goes out of business. Important item to look at when choosing a builder.
get a lawyer

Mokena, IL

#11 Jan 4, 2013
When looking at builders bids, always make sure you get a lawyer to help you review them. We built a home with McMahon Custom Builders and he was wonderful. I haven't heard anything bad about O'Malley, but you should always have everything in writing, run a background check and make sure their finances are in check. Check on the will county circuit court website and see if he or his business is listed for any court hearings.

Good Luck!
Watch Out

Chicago, IL

#12 Jan 11, 2013
Also heard of the bank foreclosures on OMalley but not sure how you can confirm. When this builder makes a mistake & he makes many, its like pulling teeth to get him to fix it. He will try to charge you extra for his multiple mistakes also. It will probably take him another 15 years to finish building in Water Chase or sell the lots to other builders, that is if the bank does not foreclose first.
Beware

Washington, DC

#13 May 21, 2013
O'Malley will tell you he's built 700 houses, but the only think he learned is 7000 excuses to give his clients as to why the work isn't done or done wrong. He's the worst builder in the Chicagoland Area.
think again

Mokena, IL

#14 May 30, 2013
I recently met someone building with O'Malley and they were not very happy. I would do a serious background check/reference check if I were you.
Nuttin

Chicago, IL

#15 May 30, 2013
Ugh
Joe

Mokena, IL

#16 Jun 23, 2013
Just purchased an O'Malley home. Very good construction. I had a problem with my thermostat so I e-mailed him at 2pm. At 5:30, the HVAC guy was at the door. Shawn's been great to deal with.
JIll

New Lenox, IL

#17 Aug 10, 2013
We didn't have any problems with Omalley in fact they couldn't have been more helpful. We had a couple of small problems after we moved in and he had people out right away to fix them, that day.
I highly suggest Shawn. Our house was built in 4 months and is beautiful!!
avoid Triezenberg

New Lenox, IL

#18 Aug 12, 2013
O'Mally has a really good reputation. However, I've heard of Triezenberg getting back into the business, mostly Frankfort. He is a terrible builder, looking for all kinds of crazy financing wherever he can. A real wild card. Might have some lots left in Calistoga.
Kristy

Joliet, IL

#19 Aug 15, 2013
avoid Triezenberg wrote:
O'Mally has a really good reputation. However, I've heard of Triezenberg getting back into the business, mostly Frankfort. He is a terrible builder, looking for all kinds of crazy financing wherever he can. A real wild card. Might have some lots left in Calistoga.
We had our house built by Triezenberg and didn't have any issues at all! Sounds like you are NOT speaking from experience! Our building process was very smooth and timely. Anyway,get your own financing to build your house a builder that finances it for you is taking a risk!
Another Water Chase Res

Downers Grove, IL

#20 Aug 15, 2013
O'Malley is aweful, I would not recommend him to build your home or your dog house! I have experienced their bad quality and client service first hand! Seems he will cut as many corners as possible to increase his profit on the house and unfortunately some of that poor quality won't be apparent until after you close, then good luck trying to get him back to fix it! Find another builder!
avoid Triezenberg

New Lenox, IL

#21 Aug 20, 2013
Another Water Chase Res wrote:
O'Malley is aweful, I would not recommend him to build your home or your dog house! I have experienced their bad quality and client service first hand! Seems he will cut as many corners as possible to increase his profit on the house and unfortunately some of that poor quality won't be apparent until after you close, then good luck trying to get him back to fix it! Find another builder!
One subdivision almost took a class action suit against Mark T. due to so much shoddy workmanship, cheap labor just like you mentioned. Painters in town know a Trienzenberg house right away due to excessive nail pops, uneven walls, poorly placed trim...he's a joke. On the other hand, O'Malley's workmanship has stood the test with everyone else I know, all very pleased.

As for financing, it's Mark T. that's looking for all goofy forms of financing, wanting OTHERS to take the risk (banks won't touch him). He's such a scammer. Would not trust the guy as far as I could spit.
Horrible Value

Chicago, IL

#22 Oct 11, 2013
OMalley over charges for his homes. He finds the cheapest work around and charges premium prices. I suggest looking at zillow to get an idea of how badly people have and will be ripped off by him especially in Water Chase. Home values are down $100,000-$200,000 from what they paid Omalley and the proof is in the pudding because people are actually reselling the homes for $100k-$200k LESS than what they paid. Shawn OMalley is still charging premimum prices!! Don't take my word for it check zillow. If you really want to be in Water Chase buy from the poor person who bought new from him and save the $100k-$200k. And good luck with the craftsmanship!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Lenox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary Loves Lying 1 hr Patriot 1
Poll Mayoral Election 5 hr Patriot 195
News Will Co Board Votes Down: Trucking Co Expansion... 14 hr Breaker 19 3
Time for nothing. Thu Charlie 1
Bengayzi: Obama’s Secret Muslim Plot To Queer A... Thu Da Real Neighbor 5
The Jihad Is Here!!! Thu Glen Beck 7
Cherry hill subdivision garage sale date (Mar '11) Thu james_once 9
More from around the web

New Lenox People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE