electric in New Lenox

Mount Prospect, IL

#1 Aug 19, 2011
I was switched to have Direct Energy as my electric service and did not find out until ComEd notified me of the change this week. I found out that the Village of New Lenox made a deal with Direct Energy to be an alternate provider for the village. To not be switched one had to opt out back in July. Well, since I receive multiple mailings each week from energy, phone, cable, etc., etc. I probably just put the Direct Energy mailing in the shredder.

I am angry that the village decided that everyone should switch to direct energy and if you did NOT want the service you had to notify them. Was this well publicized and I missed it? I got 3 robo calls about the damn village blood drive. So, I guess you have to carefully read every piece of mail you receive even if it looks like junk.
Neighbor

Reddick, IL

#2 Aug 19, 2011
Calm down, Tim's brother promissed him he gave us the best deal possible.
Sparky

Joliet, IL

#3 Aug 19, 2011
electric in New Lenox wrote:
I was switched to have Direct Energy as my electric service and did not find out until ComEd notified me of the change this week. I found out that the Village of New Lenox made a deal with Direct Energy to be an alternate provider for the village. To not be switched one had to opt out back in July. Well, since I receive multiple mailings each week from energy, phone, cable, etc., etc. I probably just put the Direct Energy mailing in the shredder.
I am angry that the village decided that everyone should switch to direct energy and if you did NOT want the service you had to notify them. Was this well publicized and I missed it? I got 3 robo calls about the damn village blood drive. So, I guess you have to carefully read every piece of mail you receive even if it looks like junk.
Nothing will change except the lower price youíll pay per KWH. Com Ed will still bill you. You will still call them for service. You are only purchasing the actual electricity from Direct. Right now, your electricity is not being purchased from Com Ed. They are no longer in the electrical generation business, only transmission and maintenance. Companies like Excelon Nuclear and Midwest Generation produce electricity which is put on the grid to be bought and sold like any other commodity. Thatís where companies like Direct come in so just relax and enjoy your paltry savings.
electricity

New Lenox, IL

#4 Aug 19, 2011

Yes, it was voted on by a referendum, if you bothered to vote, you would have known about it.
???

West Chicago, IL

#5 Aug 19, 2011

You should have read your mail. You had the option to Opt out!! Always read your junk!!!
Donna

Palos Hills, IL

#6 Aug 20, 2011
Why would you be mad at the Village for SAVING you money?

Honestly, do you have any idea where the energy came from before? ComEd doesn't care where the electricity comes from as they DON'T supply it. All of the electricity is lumped into one "pot" and costs are based on contracts. If you cared enough to vote in the last election you would have seen the initial question on the ballot seeking alternative CHEAPER electricity. I don't know about you but I'm all for saving money, no matter how much. Better in my bank than someone elses. BTW, it was blasted everywhere, newspapers, Postal mailings from Direct Energy and ComEd, VB meetings, newsletters, town hall meetings and I believe our water bills. Not sure about the water bills. I went to town hall meeting and got all the info. I needed.

Thanks Mayor Baldermann and Village Board
Tim

Roselle, IL

#7 Aug 20, 2011
Donna you are welcome! After my savings on the electricity and when school starts we can meet for lunch. My better half will be busy with school during the day. Hope to hear from you.
Don

Mokena, IL

#8 Aug 20, 2011
Tim, I'm Don single stud Dad. We voted we switched those other trailer park bi*ches that didnt read the news can suck it. I love the new electric deal. Tim you make me feel electric.
blind

Mount Prospect, IL

#9 Aug 21, 2011
It's nice to see that it was a majority vote made by the voting public was beneficial in saving on our electric bill. It was the public that said it was okay to do this. I saw an article today in the paper about a gentleman from NL complaining about the same thing. I guess it's just easier to point fingers at local government about tax increases and expenses, but I think it's refreshing to see NL is working to bringing down costs and rebating what tax they can to our town. And I love in the article it said there was so much on the ballot that he must have missed it. I guess he didn't bother voting at all because this ballot was one of the shortest, less complicated ones there was. It was also the worst show of voters I think NL ever had. Goes to show you how much easier it is to pass blame than admit that you didn't care enough to stay informed. So I want to that those that voted to allow our officials seek out a better price for the rest of us, and the village for taking action on it.
blind

Mount Prospect, IL

#10 Aug 21, 2011
sorry...."So I just want to THANK those that voted........
Im rich bitc4

Newark, IL

#11 Aug 21, 2011
First the Nl tax rebate. then a tax reassesment and now the electricity savings. I just bought a new Escalade filled it up with premium and been driving circles round the block. Money to burn. Just kidding of course, but hey every dollar counts. Not complaining. Take what you can get, and I must agree with the voter turnout it was pathetic. I believe around 15 percent. This site is too funny. Before the election, everyone going nuts about school board. Then nobody shows up to vote.
must b add

Mount Prospect, IL

#12 Aug 22, 2011
Damn village blood drive? Really a big humanitarian hah. Obviously you dont read The Patriot, Herald, Southtown, Patch, village newsletter, water bill, or attended any public meetings, town hall meetings, or able to watch Channel 6. This topic was either written about, or discussed NUMEROUS times by the mayor and trustees as well as a rep from Com Ed showing support to the program. And blame the state legislation for the Opt out portion of the program. Although worse case is you have it for a month and quit it if you want. What the heck is the big deal other than saving all those who fully understand it and appreciate the program money. It's like another rebate from the village. Should get back as much as I will pay in village portion of taxes this year. That's finally local government working to support the people. Not take from them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Lenox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Unhealthy Obsession To Say The Least 15 min Does it matter an... 9
RTW or no? 36 min Ding Dong 41
Who is responsible for sidewalk by Walgreens on... 2 hr Patriot 12
Obama snubbing Netanyahu even before he speaks 2 hr Patriot 16
2015 New Lenox Concert Series 5 hr Concertlover 14
Best Car Commercial In honor of SPOCs 6 hr Orca 1
NEWCOMERS, PLEASE read this important info FIRST! 6 hr goldsteinberg 12
Little Joe's-NL 6 hr goldsteinberg 23
New Lenox Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

New Lenox People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:18 am PST

Bleacher Report 7:18AM
Best Options to Replace Briggs This Offseason
Bleacher Report 8:12 AM
Buzz: Colts Eyeing Trades for Veteran WRs Including Marshall
Bleacher Report 1:14 PM
Could Bears Ever Get Fair Trade Value for Forte?
Bleacher Report 1:40 PM
Wayne Undergoes Surgery on Triceps
NFL 2:44 PM
Reggie Wayne had surgery, mulling Colts future