While I agree with you on the teachers in CPS do not need a raise with the results they out out, I want to correct you a bit,Dear employees of Illinois:
WE ARE OUT OF MONEY AND CANNOT PAY YOU OR FUND YOUR PENSIONS AS IT IS. A RAISE IS INSANE!!
1) All non union, non gov't workers should move out of the state (as businesses have already started to do, taking jobs w/them)
2)then...who will fund your nonsense? Not the over burdened taxpayer 'cause we got smart and all left
3) good luck! You asked for too much and now you have nothing.
1. The CPS has their own pension program, not like the rest of the state. I have no idea what it looks like in the books.
2. The teachers pension problem is not the teachers fault. We paid 100% of our share, and the state used OUR money like a debit card. Now its the teachers fault the state cannot pay it back, and we should get F'ed by the state. I do not think so!
3. We are taxpayers as well. Our money funds over budgeted projects around the state to pay a non college educated worker $45per hour plus over time.