Teacher Strike Chicago
politico

United States

#182 Sep 18, 2012
Neighbor wrote:
DesPlaines... Simply put, you are lieing.
NO RESPONSE?? HITANOTHER NERVE??? LOL everyone knows who you are NUMNUTS!!! your Man MITT put his foot in his mouth again!!!!again like I said over a month ago. Mitt is not the guy I wish he was be he ain't!!!! NEIGHBOR IS A FRAUD
Neighbor

Bolingbrook, IL

#183 Sep 18, 2012
Politico? Slow day on Webber?

Face reality, if you are one of the 47% paying no tax, and wanting more unearned free stuff from the Government, are you going to vote Romney? So, why would Romney spend campaign time & money directed at them right now? Dohhhh <lol It would be like Obama going to the Conservative TEA Party for votes. Ain't going to happen right?

Come on Politico, don't let those Liberal Jedi Mind games from the Press fool you. Also, why would the Press cover this as opposed to Obama's bungling of the Embassy Crisis? Hmmmmm?

Wash your hands and get back to work....
Appalled

Joliet, IL

#184 Sep 18, 2012
Neighbor wrote:
Then why increase salarys? Then why not take steps (like Rahm wants) to fix the System? You cannot seperate Teachers from the Union or the Union from the Teachers, they are "one", just ask them. So if we face reality, who owns the educational system, We The Public or The Union/Teachers? <Think about the correct answer... Obviously We The People do not own it, we can't conrol it. These Teachers pout & pout but remin producing poor results, the kids pay the price, and people keep swallowing the BS teachers use as excuses.
I am not buying your "save the little kids" argument.

You have, on this forum, decreed hoodie wearing, pants on the ground kids "thugs" and continually point out the dangers and killings in Chicago in support of your right to carry a gun. And yet when a teacher has a hard time educating these same "problems" you call it "excuses".

You are like an alcoholic preaching temperance. You are a hypocrite.
Retards

United States

#185 Sep 18, 2012
Appalled wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not buying your "save the little kids" argument.
You have, on this forum, decreed hoodie wearing, pants on the ground kids "thugs" and continually point out the dangers and killings in Chicago in support of your right to carry a gun. And yet when a teacher has a hard time educating these same "problems" you call it "excuses".
You are like an alcoholic preaching temperance.
You are a hypocrite.
If the children don't want to learn, the parents don't care, if the system broken, why are we throwing massive amounts of money at it?

The teachers can go find jobs in school districts where the children and parents want them to learn (like lake forest school board stated about their students and parents) we can get student aids or equivelent for chicago and areas where kids and parents don't put education as a priority for a fraction of the cost. why are we wasting our time with failed students and families?
Appalled

Joliet, IL

#186 Sep 18, 2012
Retards wrote:
<quoted text>
If the children don't want to learn, the parents don't care, if the system broken, why are we throwing massive amounts of money at it?
The teachers can go find jobs in school districts where the children and parents want them to learn (like lake forest school board stated about their students and parents) we can get student aids or equivelent for chicago and areas where kids and parents don't put education as a priority for a fraction of the cost. why are we wasting our time with failed students and families?
How silly. Law mandates the rules of education.
Retards

Mokena, IL

#187 Sep 18, 2012
How silly? who wants to invest BIG money in a losing project with consistent poor results over the past decades? I never said don't educate. My focal point is it don't make sense to put a $2500 stereo in a $200 car that don't run. GET IT? YES? NO?

We are giving the 2nd highest paid quality teaching staff in the country to Chicago,which produces one of the lowest educational results from it in the country. Wasting money,teachers, resources, time, forcing an expensive quality education on students and parents who don't care and don't want it. Your all for that?????
politico

United States

#188 Sep 18, 2012
Neighbor wrote:
Politico? Slow day on Webber?
Face reality, if you are one of the 47% paying no tax, and wanting more unearned free stuff from the Government, are you going to vote Romney? So, why would Romney spend campaign time & money directed at them right now? Dohhhh <lol It would be like Obama going to the Conservative TEA Party for votes. Ain't going to happen right?
Come on Politico, don't let those Liberal Jedi Mind games from the Press fool you. Also, why would the Press cover this as opposed to Obama's bungling of the Embassy Crisis? Hmmmmm?
Wash your hands and get back to work....
mitt loses you get off topix DEAL????
Neighbor

Bolingbrook, IL

#189 Sep 18, 2012
Appalled wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not buying your "save the little kids" argument.
You have, on this forum, decreed hoodie wearing, pants on the ground kids "thugs" and continually point out the dangers and killings in Chicago in support of your right to carry a gun. And yet when a teacher has a hard time educating these same "problems" you call it "excuses".
You are like an alcoholic preaching temperance. You are a hypocrite.
More excuses? Really? Ok, you try your plan and tripple CPS Teachers Pay. I'll use Charter School models (at 1/3 the CPS cost per WLS) and in a year, we will see who's right ok?

Like I stated, all your stories & Teacher excuses keep 1,000's of kids education being destrolyed in an assembly line fashion. You want to keep rewarding this broken system. I luv ya, but take off the Rose Colored glass's. Every excuse you come up with, is really another REASON to change the CPS Union/Teacher system! <Give that some thought while you stare into the eyes of those little kids getting screwed by CPS. When their 18 or 20, you go tell them that because their Teachers were not paid more, they are stuck at the bottom of society for life! That their Teacher Union refused to allow tough teacher evaluations to weed out bad teachers. Give the kids more excuses to be disapointed & angry. That's really the result of what you're supporting. Think about it from that perspective, even just for a moment please.
Appalled

Joliet, IL

#190 Sep 18, 2012
Retards wrote:
How silly? who wants to invest BIG money in a losing project with consistent poor results over the past decades? I never said don't educate. My focal point is it don't make sense to put a $2500 stereo in a $200 car that don't run. GET IT? YES? NO?
We are giving the 2nd highest paid quality teaching staff in the country to Chicago,which produces one of the lowest educational results from it in the country. Wasting money,teachers, resources, time, forcing an expensive quality education on students and parents who don't care and don't want it. Your all for that?????
I never said I was all for that. I said the law dictates what you can and cannot do. For instance, per your post, you cannot replace teachers with aides.
Appalled

Joliet, IL

#191 Sep 18, 2012
Neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>
More excuses? Really? Ok, you try your plan and tripple CPS Teachers Pay. I'll use Charter School models (at 1/3 the CPS cost per WLS) and in a year, we will see who's right ok?
Like I stated, all your stories & Teacher excuses keep 1,000's of kids education being destrolyed in an assembly line fashion. You want to keep rewarding this broken system. I luv ya, but take off the Rose Colored glass's. Every excuse you come up with, is really another REASON to change the CPS Union/Teacher system! <Give that some thought while you stare into the eyes of those little kids getting screwed by CPS. When their 18 or 20, you go tell them that because their Teachers were not paid more, they are stuck at the bottom of society for life! That their Teacher Union refused to allow tough teacher evaluations to weed out bad teachers. Give the kids more excuses to be disapointed & angry. That's really the result of what you're supporting. Think about it from that perspective, even just for a moment please.
LOL. I didn't even know I had a plan! Go ahead. Change the system. Just don't base your arguments on the lie that the teachers are solely responsible for the failure of the current system.

Perhaps the CPS should give you a call. They are probably totally unaware that there is someone out in the burbs who, in spite of never having walked in their shoes, has all the answers.
Neighbor

Bolingbrook, IL

#192 Sep 18, 2012
What makes you so sure you're right in those statements? <lol

You know for a fact, there is overwhelming evidence the CPS system has failed their kids for 40 years. Why is it still in place? Da Union votes for Chicago Democratic Politicians, that's why! In my lifetime, Rahm appears to be the very first Mayor to take this problem on. Still, look where it got him too! No where. The kids lose again, the Teachers pad their checking accounts with more money, and it's over. A damn shame.... Don't you think it interesting that every item proposed by Rahm to assess & control Teacher performance was fought so hard by the Union and blocked? Yet, the Teachers took their 16% 30 pieces of Gold with no problem. Why you refuse to accept that those who do the work are responsible for the results just amazes me Appalled.

It's over again for now. Teachers win, kids lose. Same old story....
Neighbor

Bolingbrook, IL

#193 Sep 19, 2012
Ps: I suppose if your husband only put 56% of a fire out (over & over again) you'd say, if we paid him more money this would be fixed, or that the fires are very hot you know, or the fires are in bad neighborhoods so it's not a problem, or some fires are too hard to put out, or, or....
;-)

Nope, my bet is he would make certain the job is done, done correctly, and resolve anything that did not produce the expected results. If the fire was left burning 44% of the time, he would own the problem, and accept responsibility. If he still had a job that is. <Right?
Appalled

Joliet, IL

#194 Sep 19, 2012
Neighbor wrote:
Ps: I suppose if your husband only put 56% of a fire out (over & over again) you'd say, if we paid him more money this would be fixed, or that the fires are very hot you know, or the fires are in bad neighborhoods so it's not a problem, or some fires are too hard to put out, or, or....
;-)
Nope, my bet is he would make certain the job is done, done correctly, and resolve anything that did not produce the expected results. If the fire was left burning 44% of the time, he would own the problem, and accept responsibility. If he still had a job that is. <Right?
Has he saved every burning building he tried to put out? Nope.

Has he saved every dying soul who called for help? Nope.

Should these undesirable results be held against him? Nope. He did everything he could under the circumstances which are very often totally out of his control. He's good, but he is not a miracle worker.

The same, I believe, holds true for most teachers who teach in tough areas. That's not to say that there are not bad firemen or bad teachers. Sometimes though, no matter how hard you try or how good you are, or how committed......the beast still wins.
Anonymous

Carol Stream, IL

#195 Sep 19, 2012
dumbocrat wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have a clue what you're talking about. I know someone who homeschools her children. Her two oldest children are now in college on full academic scholarships. How many of those kids are being churned out by 122 and 210?
There is a difference between there, their, and they're. You might want to learn the meanings of them before you misuse them on a topic concerning education. JMO
That is one family DUMB! And seeing my sister is on the admissions board at Notre Dame, I will tell you that top schools will look past 99% of home schooling kids. Why you may ask? Majority, not all, of the kids will fail when something unfamiliar is put in front of them. There is no extra curricular activities for home school kids, they don't face criticism from anyone, just told how great they are from mommy and daddy. They can sleep in when having a bad, and face no real challenges like kids who attend public or private schools do. Now I was lucky enough that I was awarded a full athletic scholarship because my sister got the smarts in the family, but it was the great teachers and coaches I had at schools that helped get me to college.

I'm glad you tried to make fun of a grammar issue, but due to typing on an iPad I sometimes rush or it changes it for me, but last time I checked proper grammar on a blog is not a big, just mu opinion, or is the correct grammar JMO in the home schools....
I think they suck

Glendale Heights, IL

#196 Sep 19, 2012
Appalled wrote:
<quoted text>
Has he saved every burning building he tried to put out? Nope.
Has he saved every dying soul who called for help? Nope.
Should these undesirable results be held against him? Nope. He did everything he could under the circumstances which are very often totally out of his control. He's good, but he is not a miracle worker.
The same, I believe, holds true for most teachers who teach in tough areas. That's not to say that there are not bad firemen or bad teachers. Sometimes though, no matter how hard you try or how good you are, or how committed......the beast still wins.
CHICAGO (CBS)– Now that the teachers’ contract is settled, the big question is how Chicago plans to pay for it.

The district says the deal it concluded with the teachers’ union will add some $75 million annually to the district’s already huge,$1 billion budget deficit.

Laurence Msall, president of the Civic Federation, says to pay for it, the city likely will have to close as many as 200 schools.

“It could actually be more, depending on the plan,” Msall said.“We have not seen the plan that the Chicago Public School administrators are going to need to come up with, but it is going to have to be a comprehensive restructuring of the system.”

And he says, another property tax hike is likely.

“But, they’re limited–unless they go to a referendum–to limiting the property tax increase to 5 percent or [the consumer price index], whichever is greater.“And so it is unlikely in this low-inflationary environment that the property tax increase will be enough to close the deficits that they face.”

When do the people that pay for the service get to say it STINKS. ENOUGH! The teachers didn't deserve a dime and many don't deserve a job. They are already paid more then they are worth. Millions of people have taken pay cuts, are working longer hours, are paying more than ever for benefits and these people deserve more?
Neighbor

Bolingbrook, IL

#197 Sep 19, 2012
Perfect response to the excuse givers!
Party time

Addison, IL

#198 Sep 19, 2012
Neighbor wrote:
Perfect response to the excuse givers!
we be makin ova a hundred G"s now boyyyyy! Oh yea, power 2 da peeple, we be chillin now dog, oh yea, mama gettin dem new shoes, AND a Cadillac
Appalled

Joliet, IL

#199 Sep 19, 2012
I think they suck wrote:
<quoted text>
CHICAGO (CBS)– Now that the teachers’ contract is settled, the big question is how Chicago plans to pay for it.
The district says the deal it concluded with the teachers’ union will add some $75 million annually to the district’s already huge,$1 billion budget deficit.
Laurence Msall, president of the Civic Federation, says to pay for it, the city likely will have to close as many as 200 schools.
“It could actually be more, depending on the plan,” Msall said.“We have not seen the plan that the Chicago Public School administrators are going to need to come up with, but it is going to have to be a comprehensive restructuring of the system.”
And he says, another property tax hike is likely.
“But, they’re limited–unless they go to a referendum–to limiting the property tax increase to 5 percent or [the consumer price index], whichever is greater.“And so it is unlikely in this low-inflationary environment that the property tax increase will be enough to close the deficits that they face.”
When do the people that pay for the service get to say it STINKS. ENOUGH! The teachers didn't deserve a dime and many don't deserve a job. They are already paid more then they are worth. Millions of people have taken pay cuts, are working longer hours, are paying more than ever for benefits and these people deserve more?
I never claimed they deserved a raise. I only pointed out that they did not deserve all the blame for failure.

But since you asked how they might pay for it.....maybe they could send a few illegals back home.
start in New Lenox

Glendale Heights, IL

#200 Sep 19, 2012
Appalled wrote:
<quoted text>
I never claimed they deserved a raise. I only pointed out that they did not deserve all the blame for failure.
But since you asked how they might pay for it.....maybe they could send a few illegals back home.
Call INS about the illegals that work at Berkots, it is a start. Then you can work on all the warehouses off of Gougar road that have undocumented workers.

Since: Feb 11

Orange Grove,Ca

#201 Sep 20, 2012
Good

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Lenox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Liberal Coup Dreams Die 10 min MPMMB 19
Have Plastic Ponchos 40 min Lockport local 6
~New Lenox Double Word Fun~ 1 hr Joe 3
Starbux 1 hr M14-Rifle 19
Democratic Socialism 2 hr M14-Rifle 12
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' 4 hr So_da_lish_us 257
Last Post Wins (Sep '12) 4 hr texas pete 1,041

New Lenox Jobs

Personal Finance

New Lenox Mortgages