Bazbina Bob

United States

#7914 Jul 21, 2012
What a refreshing addition Beach Buckett is to this thread. You can tell he, Margie, Ray, Kal and Sam are the "real deal" and have the ability to communicate effectivly.
Valley Heights 59

Arlington, TX

#7915 Jul 21, 2012
Chuck C wrote:
<quoted text> Don`t think about what I`m doing,,you see I`m one of those guys,who will do what I`m doing no matter who likes it or not.And approval,is not on my list....C.C.
CC This person is a lost cause. He actually believes his COLLEGE PROFESSOR. There in lies the problem.
Valley Heights 59

Arlington, TX

#7916 Jul 21, 2012
Bazbina Bob wrote:
What a refreshing addition Beach Buckett is to this thread. You can tell he, Margie, Ray, Kal and Sam are the "real deal" and have the ability to communicate effectivly.
Just listen to Mr. Bob!
Farm Hill Mike

Katy, TX

#7917 Jul 21, 2012
Beach Buckett wrote"...The time lines are not explicit for me, as I do not recall any dates, but I suspect it was near 1965. Alcoa had a very large contract (Boeing?) go into default as a result of a series of walk outs over working conditions, petty stuff and power plays. A company decision was made shortly after the costly default to move, over a short period of time, to Alcoa Tenn."

About that time Alcoa built a ground up facility in Rockdale TX. When I first called on that plant in the early 1980's I was stuck by how much it looked like the buildings back in New Ken. I asked an Oldtimer there and he said that they were built from almost the same plans. The reasons for the move were more than what have been stated. Rockdale was just a hundred miles from the coast where bauxite came in and was refined to alumina (Point Comfort Works. Low cost electricity generated at a new at the time power plant adjacent to the mill and of course, a work force with a much lower labor burden.
Deb

Elderton, PA

#7918 Jul 21, 2012
Adina Madden wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. It belonged to Benjamin Hessom. He was my great-great grandfather. The home later belonged to the Yost family.
My great grandfather

Since: Nov 09

Fort Myers, FL

#7919 Jul 22, 2012
Farm Hill Mike wrote:
Beach Buckett wrote"...The time lines are not explicit for me, as I do not recall any dates, but I suspect it was near 1965. Alcoa had a very large contract (Boeing?) go into default as a result of a series of walk outs over working conditions, petty stuff and power plays. A company decision was made shortly after the costly default to move, over a short period of time, to Alcoa Tenn."
About that time Alcoa built a ground up facility in Rockdale TX. When I first called on that plant in the early 1980's I was stuck by how much it looked like the buildings back in New Ken. I asked an Oldtimer there and he said that they were built from almost the same plans. The reasons for the move were more than what have been stated. Rockdale was just a hundred miles from the coast where bauxite came in and was refined to alumina (Point Comfort Works. Low cost electricity generated at a new at the time power plant adjacent to the mill and of course, a work force with a much lower labor burden.
I thought they moved to Ohio? My dad worked 45 years there but he retired before they left. Tubby
Beach Buckett

Ormond Beach, FL

#7920 Jul 22, 2012
Valley Heights 59 wrote:
<quoted text>
CC This person is a lost cause. He actually believes his COLLEGE PROFESSOR. There in lies the problem.
That was an era long since forgotten when teachers were real and the country was on a path to exceptional prosperity and world prominence. The 50,s signaled the beginning of THE AMERICA where I had the privilege to witness the greatness that can come from true beliefs and hard work. The educators of today are, by and large, self promoting and steeped in political power that came from the same "what is in it for me" attitude that disposed the 50's era of God and country. So, believing my professor in that sequence, was not a problem, but a seeking of the truth. The lost cause is accurate if you believe what now is accepted for honesty and truth in our current political atmosphere.
Beach Buckett

Ormond Beach, FL

#7921 Jul 22, 2012
tubby039 wrote:
<quoted text>I thought they moved to Ohio? My dad worked 45 years there but he retired before they left. Tubby
I think you are correct about the Ohio move. That was not the only place they moved production facilities from NK. ALCOA Tenn. was also a part, as I remember. I had no connection to that corporation and I am not a reliable on the history, as I stated in that post. My family was involved on both sides of that problem and my statements stand as I remember them. Buckett
Valley Heights 59

Arlington, TX

#7922 Jul 22, 2012
Beach Buckett wrote:
<quoted text>
That was an era long since forgotten when teachers were real and the country was on a path to exceptional prosperity and world prominence. The 50,s signaled the beginning of THE AMERICA where I had the privilege to witness the greatness that can come from true beliefs and hard work. The educators of today are, by and large, self promoting and steeped in political power that came from the same "what is in it for me" attitude that disposed the 50's era of God and country. So, believing my professor in that sequence, was not a problem, but a seeking of the truth. The lost cause is accurate if you believe what now is accepted for honesty and truth in our current political atmosphere.
I agree with you. My higher education was in the 80's after I had experienced several years of working, raising a family, and trying to contribute to a better life for our family. I must say I could not agree with what I was being fed by the professors who had never experienced life outside the academic world.
Beach Buckett

Ormond Beach, FL

#7923 Jul 22, 2012
Chuck C wrote:
<quoted text> I can hope and dream,and do my work.As you know RNKNL is not my only stop.The easier it gets,, the harder I work at it,with good results,out there on the web....C.C. OMG.OMG..OMG...
I admire your tenacity and your idealistic approach to the country's, and the worlds frustrating problems. The harder you work at it, the better the results. That seem to be a lesson for all. Buckett
Beach Buckett

Ormond Beach, FL

#7924 Jul 22, 2012
I REMEMBER> A wooden sidewalk from the 8th street and 5th avenue crossing to 7th street. A big hotel at the end of that sidewalk built for the Railroad workers. Electric rail cars that ran through the center of the city on tracks to both directions on the west side of the river. I traveled on it to Springdale to go to the movie theater and won the door prize. The YMCA in the center of the city. Watched it burn and years later got involved in the building of it's replacement.
The excitement and energy of the nightlife in this small city that did not have its peer anywhere in the US. Night clubs that rivaled the big city. Entertainment from great musicians, local and otherwise. The latest designers from the world over, found a way to sell their wares in the commercial establishments such as could be found on 4th and 5th avenue. The river, used for industrial purposes, was dirty, but served as a mode for commercial enterprise. It was glorious time. Buckett List
Chuck C

West Palm Beach, FL

#7925 Jul 22, 2012
Beach Buckett wrote:
<quoted text>
I admire your tenacity and your idealistic approach to the country's, and the worlds frustrating problems. The harder you work at it, the better the results. That seem to be a lesson for all. Buckett
Us New Ken people,all way thought we knew more than,most other towns around us.Was that true or not,who knows.We thought so,and that was all that mattered.My point is,no one will think Americans know anything,if we do not believe in our self..
Most of us know what the problems are.We are the problem,for sitting back,and saying nothing,and doing nothing.Letting a Rep./Dem.government run the wealth of the nation into the ground..
Again I say break up the two party system,and vote out all career politicians.It is easier than most people think,too put there names on any ballot.But if they do not believe it things will stay the same,going straight to hell....C.C.
RICHARD

Meridian, ID

#7926 Jul 22, 2012
Beach Buckett wrote:
I REMEMBER> A wooden sidewalk from the 8th street and 5th avenue crossing to 7th street. A big hotel at the end of that sidewalk built for the Railroad workers. Electric rail cars that ran through the center of the city on tracks to both directions on the west side of the river. I traveled on it to Springdale to go to the movie theater and won the door prize. The YMCA in the center of the city. Watched it burn and years later got involved in the building of it's replacement.
The excitement and energy of the nightlife in this small city that did not have its peer anywhere in the US. Night clubs that rivaled the big city. Entertainment from great musicians, local and otherwise. The latest designers from the world over, found a way to sell their wares in the commercial establishments such as could be found on 4th and 5th avenue. The river, used for industrial purposes, was dirty, but served as a mode for commercial enterprise. It was glorious time. Buckett List
Unfortunatly the past is the past.The future is the future and is up to this generation not us are time is over and the time to enjoy life.So what we need is to stay healthly see are families often,offer help if asked and relax with the time we have left,why because we earned it!!so save your breath,enjoy like.
Chuck C

Boca Raton, FL

#7927 Jul 22, 2012
Some more,so called good work,by Obama and his administration...
("US. poverty on track to rise to highest since 1960")
easy

Plymouth, MA

#7928 Jul 22, 2012
Bazbina Bob wrote:
Bobby, Being rather condescending aren't we.... You left out Valley Camp, Ken Hi-61, CC, Rich and a couple of others. I guess you don't get it either "BB" ... and in case you need a little primer, "Condescending" is not a compliment....

To better communicate with you, "Primer" is a elementary text book for children. Have at it "Communicator".
easy

Plymouth, MA

#7929 Jul 22, 2012
Beach Buckett wrote:
<quoted text>
Beach Buckett, A huge "AMEN" to that.. Keep that up and you will be deemed a non-communicator... but you are so right.

They have used and are using Americas Children like the Nazis did in the 1930's. Grade school through 4 years of College..... 16 years of mind bending.
Chuck C

Boca Raton, FL

#7930 Jul 22, 2012
I see there is a new Chuckie C. out here.Good luck lets hope he can take the heat...C.C.
easy

Plymouth, MA

#7931 Jul 22, 2012
Chuck C wrote:
I see there is a new Chuckie C. out here.Good luck lets hope he can take the heat...C.C.
CC, That is your friend that likes to travel incognito.... Location Hidden.. Won't come out of the closet.....
RICHARD

Meridian, ID

#7932 Jul 22, 2012
RICHARD wrote:
<quoted text>Unfortunatly the past is the past.The future is the future and is up to this generation not us are time is over and the time to enjoy life.So what we need is to stay healthly see are families often,offer help if asked and relax with the time we have left,why because we earned it!!so save your breath,enjoy like.
What no reply,Beach Buckett??
Chuck C

Boca Raton, FL

#7933 Jul 23, 2012
easy wrote:
<quoted text>CC, That is your friend that likes to travel incognito.... Location Hidden.. Won't come out of the closet.....
May be,,we will have to wait as the chesse age`s..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Kensington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
“memories only” of new kensington and local areas (Jan '10) 23 hr easy 1,742
Polarizing Political View Points (Dec '10) Mon easy 1,771
Convicted Drug Dealer Banned From Hometown (Sep '07) Dec 22 DownWithTheDope 4
Valley High School aide accused of sex with stu... Dec 22 RICHARD 1
"Mail Call" (Oct '13) Dec 22 RICHARD 96
CHUCKIE CROGHAN Speaks (Feb '10) Dec 20 easy 1,634
Fifth Avenue in the1950s (Jul '09) Dec 19 fgarabia 37
New Kensington Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web