Remember New Ken nightlife
Radman Cranberry PA

Mars, PA

#2714 Dec 19, 2009
Olderndirt…The information I post is very factual. A lot of misrepresentation floats around about things that happened in NK. A review of this thread is a great example. Lubresky was a street brawler and tough, but had a hard head and soft chin. He was a formable opponent for most, but lacked the skill of some of the true warriors, regardless of their size.
Chuckie Croghan

Boca Raton, FL

#2715 Dec 19, 2009
Radman Cranberry PA wrote:
Olderndirt…The information I post is very factual. A lot of misrepresentation floats around about things that happened in NK. A review of this thread is a great example. Lubresky was a street brawler and tough, but had a hard head and soft chin. He was a formable opponent for most, but lacked the skill of some of the true warriors, regardless of their size.
Please do not glorify that sad sick sucker Some one said it better than I." THE WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE WITH OUT HIM!!
Olderndirt

Leechburg, PA

#2716 Dec 19, 2009
Tom R wrote:
I remember some other rough people in New Ken. One was the Stone brothers and another was known as Ducky Reynolds. I think the latter passes away not too long ago. Then there was Stanley Hoss.
An incident happened when I was in high school. My buddy Joe Hourigan was getting harrassed by the Stones on the school bus going back to Valley Heights. Joe thrashed at least 2 of them and was never bothered by them after that.
Olderndirt

Leechburg, PA

#2717 Dec 19, 2009
Chuckie Croghan wrote:
<quoted text>How about these Names Ill try to get the spelling right OK The Shank brothers--Here one Black guy Everhart Fenary.Johnie johnson.Tom Hutcherson HUTCH..Tom&Billie Carrion not to be toyed with.You know I think New Ken Was a town of bad asses, we had to be.
There were 2 clans of Shanks. Rich and Jerry lived on 2nd ave. Rich was a likeable guy but I had to knock the snot out of Jerry for stealing a pen knife from my younger brother. Eberhart was a pimp, Tom Carion was a great fighter , Bill????
Olderndirt

Leechburg, PA

#2718 Dec 19, 2009
Radman Cranberry PA wrote:
I agree about the misrepresentation that sometimes is posted. I think many on here are sharing things from different eras. Many of the people mentioned here are strangers to me. I was in the military from August,1956 to Sept. 1959. and left town in 1961. A lot of what happened during the time I was away, I only heard about through the grapevine.
disappointed

AOL

#2719 Dec 20, 2009
Things have taken a turn on these posts that is mean spirited and unnecessary. It seems the old saying is forgotten "If you can't say sometbing nice, don't say anything" Did Parsec Sam leave the building?

“Ken Hi and Springdale Hi”

Since: Jul 08

Glendale CA,

#2720 Dec 20, 2009
disappointed wrote:
Things have taken a turn on these posts that is mean spirited and unnecessary. It seems the old saying is forgotten "If you can't say sometbing nice, don't say anything" Did Parsec Sam leave the building?
I am still around, and I feel as you do. That's why I kept quiet. My time in New Kensington started in the thirties, up to the time I went into the army in 1951. From 1948 through 1951 I spent a lot of time in Florida and New York, so I have no clue as to what is being said. Personally, I like to remember the good times and let go of all the judgmental attitudes about the bad times. I practice keeping the Christmas spirit year round (see my bogwig.com site)- My play has made a lot people happy, and it makes me feel happy. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to ALL of us.
RICHARD G SINI

Middleton, ID

#2721 Dec 20, 2009
Parsec Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
I am still around, and I feel as you do. That's why I kept quiet. My time in New Kensington started in the thirties, up to the time I went into the army in 1951. From 1948 through 1951 I spent a lot of time in Florida and New York, so I have no clue as to what is being said. Personally, I like to remember the good times and let go of all the judgmental attitudes about the bad times. I practice keeping the Christmas spirit year round (see my bogwig.com site)- My play has made a lot people happy, and it makes me feel happy. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to ALL of us.
SAM YOU ARE EXACTLY RIGHT.YOU KNOW ALOT OF US LEFT NEW-KEN TO FURTHER OUR EDUCATION,THEN GET MARRIED & MOVE, HAVE CHILDREN AND PLAN OUR LIVES SOMEWHERE ELSE FOR SOME REASON.THEN RAISE ARE FAMILIES WERE WE THOUGHT WOULD BE A BETTER LIFE AND MORE OPPORTUNITIES.THE REAL HEROS ARE THE ONES THAT STUCK IT OUT AND TRIED TO DO WHAT THEY COULD TO MAKE IT A BETTER PLACE.,BUT FOR SOME REASON DIDN'T SUCCED.WE REALLY HAVE NO PLACE TO JUDGE NEW-KEN ABOUT HOW IT IS TODAY OR HOW IT COULD BE BETTER,IF ALL OF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT CHANGING NEW-KEN AT OUR AGE WELL THEN JUST MAYBE WE CAN.{I HAVE A IDEA-WILL SHARE IT WITH YOU AFTER YOU READ AND COMMENT ON THIS COMMENT}=RICH==
Margie

Pittsburgh, PA

#2722 Dec 21, 2009
disappointed wrote:
I'm not sure I see what necessitated the "mean spirited and unnecessary" comment. Could someone clarify?
WKPA

Lansdale, PA

#2723 Dec 21, 2009
Margie wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure I see what necessitated the "mean spirited and unnecessary" comment. Could someone clarify?
I don't see it either--could somebody give examples?
Dommy62

New Castle, PA

#2724 Dec 21, 2009
WKPA wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see it either--could somebody give examples?
"Alcohol or "hootch"(as we called it back when)might be one reason. But just take a look around, in every aspect of our lives, people have become so mean spirited and not courteous to others. It's all about "ME" and to heck with you! We've lost that Togetherness and team spirit. We don't even know our next door neighbors! Soapbox time has expired. Happy holidays all N.K.ers!
Burrell Girl

Vandergrift, PA

#2725 Dec 21, 2009
Well I say if you THINK its true say it! Thats what a message froum is about. If its not some one here will know it! In other words agree to disagree! LOL
I think we have all learned a lot here about days come and gone some true some bunk!
Chuckie Croghan

Lake Worth, FL

#2726 Dec 22, 2009
Burrell Girl wrote:
Well I say if you THINK its true say it! Thats what a message froum is about. If its not some one here will know it! In other words agree to disagree! LOL
I think we have all learned a lot here about days come and gone some true some bunk!
Thats right we are talking about things that happen over 40 years ago,at least we are saying what we
remember,disagree and thats OK I know what I know,ho ho ho ...
Tom R

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#2727 Dec 22, 2009
Does anyone here go back to the Dutch Glock days?
RICHARD G SINI

Middleton, ID

#2728 Dec 22, 2009
Chuckie Croghan wrote:
<quoted text>Thats right we are talking about things that happen over 40 years ago,at least we are saying what we
C.C.,THATS RIGHT GO EASY MAN,TI'S A DAY TO BE HAPPY NOT SAD OR UPSET,THINGS ALWAYS WORK OUT IN TIME ONE WAY OR ANOTHER SO EVERYONE SLOW DOWN AND THINK POSITIVE SPREAD THE GOOD FEELINGS,WERE ALL BROTHERS AND SISTERS,RIGHT?==RICH===NOTHING CHANGE'S QUICKLY IT TAKES TIME,SO EVERYONE ENJOY YOUR LIFE " NOW ",NOT LATER.========IT MAY BE TO LATE====

Since: Nov 09

Estero, FL

#2729 Dec 23, 2009
RICHARD G SINI wrote:
<quoted text>C.C.,THATS RIGHT GO EASY MAN,TI'S A DAY TO BE HAPPY NOT SAD OR UPSET,THINGS ALWAYS WORK OUT IN TIME ONE WAY OR ANOTHER SO EVERYONE SLOW DOWN AND THINK POSITIVE SPREAD THE GOOD FEELINGS,WERE ALL BROTHERS AND SISTERS,RIGHT?==RICH===NOTHING CHANGE'S QUICKLY IT TAKES TIME,SO EVERYONE ENJOY YOUR LIFE " NOW ",NOT LATER.========IT MAY BE TO LATE====
This is so true. Life is too short enjoy every moment of it Merry Christmas Tubby
Burrell Girl

Vandergrift, PA

#2730 Dec 23, 2009
Chuckie Croghan wrote:
<quoted text>Thats right we are talking about things that happen over 40 years ago,at least we are saying what we
Were you by any chance a police officer?
Chuckie Croghan

Boca Raton, FL

#2731 Dec 23, 2009
Burrell Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you by any chance a police officer?
No I was not..My Family On both sides go back a long time..And many are steal there.In lower Burrell Salems Auto Body is a first cous..My fathers side where 6 3 boys 3 sisters My mother side where 9-2 brothers 7 sisters So you can tell how many cousins I have around new ken thanks for asking..CHUCK.
Linda Booth

Hawthorne, FL

#2732 Dec 23, 2009
I want to wish everyone on the New Ken forum the Merriest of Christmas's & the Happiest of New Year's. Everyone stay well & healthy and have a great 2010!!!
Chuckie Croghan

Boynton Beach, FL

#2733 Dec 23, 2009
Linda Booth wrote:
I want to wish everyone on the New Ken forum the Merriest of Christmas's & the Happiest of New Year's. Everyone stay well & healthy and have a great 2010!!!
ME TO....Thats Florida...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Kensington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
“memories only” of new kensington and local areas (Jan '10) Mon Patti 1,748
Big Al's Diner - New Kensington/ Kinloch (Aug '10) Mon DawnMarie 8
Third Ward School (Aug '09) May 31 parsecsam 42
Debate: Marijuana - New Kensington, PA (Aug '10) May 16 parsecsam 134
CHUCKIE CROGHAN Speaks (Feb '10) May 13 easy 1,639
Polarizing Political View Points (Dec '10) May '15 Ida Isterico 1,778
News ACLU calls for retraction of statements made by... Apr '15 Double Dip 2
More from around the web

New Kensington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE