RICHARD

Boise, ID

#127 Aug 15, 2010
Anna End wrote:
I remember the shoes at Bettors. They were pretty incredible especially a pair of allegator pumps that I bought in 1962 to go to a wedding at the Holiday House.
They were really spiffy. Wish I could wear pumps like that now.
Yes everyone is correct,Bettor's had all upsacle products from downstairs to upstairs,my uncle Ralph work upstairs in the sporting goods section,before that at Dyke's on 2nd and 9th,accross the street form a well know bar.========RICH======.
Fat Tony

Monroeville, PA

#128 Aug 17, 2010
Why is the RICO laws "NOT" being used against these black and/or latino drug gangs? Is our government in bed with these scumbags or what?
RICHARD

Boise, ID

#129 Aug 17, 2010
Fat Tony wrote:
Why is the RICO laws "NOT" being used against these black and/or latino drug gangs? Is our government in bed with these scumbags or what?
Well "Fat Tony"why don't you ask them.=======RICH=======.
Arnold man

Fombell, PA

#130 Sep 13, 2010
I have lived here for 12 years with my Family. It wasn't that great then, but certainly is worse off now. We are looking to move out of here as soon as possible. We are not the only ones. If everyone had the money, we'd all leave. How does the leaders of this city bank on poor people to carry the budget? Something drastic needs done now. If not, the population will dwindle, and if it does grow, it's because more drug addicts and dealers or poor people have moved in because they have nowhere else to go.
John LaRocca

Lansdale, PA

#131 Sep 13, 2010
As I have said before, there is no such thing as a "mafia"! If you think so you may be sleeping with the fishes!!! The real mafia in Western Pa is the democratic party ( see recent post gazette articles!)

Ciao
RICHARD

Boise, ID

#133 Sep 21, 2010
John LaRocca wrote:
As I have said before, there is no such thing as a "mafia"! If you think so you may be sleeping with the fishes!!! The real mafia in Western Pa is the democratic party ( see recent post gazette articles!)
Ciao
Well then i guess one should say you can't belive in anything you read,except i belive this post is very acurate most of the time,and i surely don't belive what i read in the papers.Ask the people from New -Ken what they belive,John,i'm sure you'll get alot of good replies.========RICH======.
Richard Sini

Nampa, ID

#135 Oct 23, 2010
John LaRocca wrote:
Ciao
Does anyone remember the club on 5th ave.&12 st.next to grocery store?======RICH=====.
marnsand

East Greenwich, RI

#136 Oct 23, 2010
RICHARD SINI wrote:
THE WHOLE PROBLEM THAT<quoted text>Your right Sam, they always did i was welcome their at all the dances their, in fact thats how i learned to dance.their wasn't to many whites their at the time except Larry Reynolds and Chuckie Hardaway and myself.i believe thats because i grew up in that area and went to school at 1st.ward.Chuck Thaxton and NO-JO-nolan Jones showed me how to play the game of basketball as well as a host of others at 1st ward school.Okay heres a little story thats true-when i was going steady with my girlfriend who is now my wife,had a problem at ken-hi in gym class.The black girls were picking on her then all of a sudden a black girl came up and said--leave her alone-thats rich sini girlfriend,true story.The whole problem was that the whites didn't want to get envolved with them,and they are were dead wrong,to this day i still have contacts with Joe Drake,Thomas,Thaxton,Pryers,Va rners,boots who passed on and much more friends -why because they are good friends-plain and simple.====RICH===
opps-i forgot the famous BERNIE GREENBERG======
My family owes a debt of gratitude to Ada Drake. I believe she was Joe Drake's mom. What a wonderful woman. Ada helped my mom, Joy Cooper (music store) when mom was raising us. She returned to New Ken in the winter of 1960. I heard of a Drake son, who passed away that winter and in the spring Ada showed up at my house to help my mom with my nine year old brother. She had a lot of love to give. She raised a lot of boys to men.
RICHARD

Nampa, ID

#137 Oct 23, 2010
marnsand wrote:
<quoted text>
My family owes a debt of gratitude to Ada Drake. I believe she was Joe Drake's mom. What a wonderful woman. Ada helped my mom, Joy Cooper (music store) when mom was raising us. She returned to New Ken in the winter of 1960. I heard of a Drake son, who passed away that winter and in the spring Ada showed up at my house to help my mom with my nine year old brother. She had a lot of love to give. She raised a lot of boys to men.
Thank you "marnsand" everything you stated is true,their was no race problems just some problem kids that were handled in there own way.Would you like to contact Joe Drake?======RICH====.

Since: Nov 09

Fort Myers, FL

#138 Oct 26, 2010
marnsand wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes JP'S Mom was Ada. Joe and I were best friends. He lived on 2nd ave and I lived on 3rd. I would go to his house on school mornings and meet and walk to school together. She made the most unbelievable breakfasts. Joe lost his brother Robert. He died of suffocation in a car. Carbon monoxide. I met Joe in the 3rd grade and we have been friends ever since. What a great guy and great family. He now lives in Wash state. He runs a company that helps youngsters. Tubby
ADeRose

New Kensington, PA

#139 Oct 31, 2010
I remember those pumps at Bettors too. There had to be something about them. Boxes without lids was very odd.
AMH

Yucca Valley, CA

#140 Dec 8, 2010
Parsec Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
You nailed it cookie! The big corps. came in, hurt the locals bad and then took their money out of town to spend elsewhere, leaving a bloody mess. The only employment they offered was in their stores, all of the manufacturing of those cheap things was manufactured in, China, Tiawan, Korea and Latin American countries-anywhere they could find cheap labor. You can't blame the locals for supporting them, because everyone likes to save a dollar - I'm guilty of it myself.
No one realized the damage that was being done until after it was done. Those businessmen who use out-of-country manufacturers should be heavily taxed when they bring their products in to this country, and that tax money used to help cities like New Kensington. Then maybe they would consider moving back and opening up some plants and give work to the people here. Just a thought.
Is this cookie ameris? Are you related to tony?
AMH

Yucca Valley, CA

#141 Dec 8, 2010
cookie wrote:
i remember the melody in the 70's with all the shop owners,professionals,shoppers, and "mafia" all in one place.and the rest of town was crowded with decent people making a decent living and doing nice things. if you want to blame anyone, how about the malls and the wal marts for killing small towns and mom and pops and being guilty of doing much worse things than our area mafia.
cookie, are you the sister of tony?
Richard

Middleton, ID

#143 Feb 13, 2011
tubby039 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes JP'S Mom was Ada. Joe and I were best friends. He lived on 2nd ave and I lived on 3rd. I would go to his house on school mornings and meet and walk to school together. She made the most unbelievable breakfasts. Joe lost his brother Robert. He died of suffocation in a car. Carbon monoxide. I met Joe in the 3rd grade and we have been friends ever since. What a great guy and great family. He now lives in Wash state. He runs a company that helps youngsters. Tubby
Now "tubby" i would belive you also went to ist ward school in New-Ken some of the best basketball was played there and guess who would help the younger kids there learn to play basketball alot of future stars of Ken-High.and college.====RICH====.
Richard

Eagle, ID

#144 Mar 21, 2011
ADeRose wrote:
I remember those pumps at Bettors too. There had to be something about them. Boxes without lids was very odd.
"ADeRose" now that is a very familar name,man i wish i could remember you?=====RICH====.
RICHARD

Meridian, ID

#145 Jun 30, 2011
Richard wrote:
<quoted text>
"ADeRose" now that is a very familar name,man i wish i could remember you?=====RICH====.
Does anyone remember the name on a bar between 9th &10th st. coming up 4th on the left side of the street second floor???
RICHARD

Nampa, ID

#146 Jul 16, 2011
BBDR wrote:
the new ken mafia was in control through the 50s 60s 70s n 80s and thats when new ken was a good place to live there were no drug dealers no blacks people werent killing other people in record numbers our population was nearly twice the size it is now everyone had jobs everyone was happy the place ur pussy ass dad worked at was probably run by the mafia as soon as they left new ken went to total shit i personally wish the mafia would come back and set shit straight again in new ken
Now,now hears a person that honestly speaks the truth but sorry to say those days are over.Different time,different people,different life!!
Pal Joey

New Kensington, PA

#147 Jul 17, 2011
Yeah, it was warm under the dragon's wing for some.
Too bad when the mills outgrew their old plants they left instead of upgrading.
Too bad they built the projects downtown instead of up the hill.
Too bad they permitted single family homes on the hill the option to split into multi family apartments.
RICHARD

Nampa, ID

#148 Jul 17, 2011
Pal Joey wrote:
Yeah, it was warm under the dragon's wing for some.
Too bad when the mills outgrew their old plants they left instead of upgrading.
Too bad they built the projects downtown instead of up the hill.
Too bad they permitted single family homes on the hill the option to split into multi family apartments.
Yea,"Pal Joey" I guess you may be correct,however if your still in New-Ken and lived in New-Ken,what did you and your friends do to correct the problem?????
farm hill mike

Katy, TX

#149 Jul 17, 2011
RICHARD wrote:
<quoted text>
Does anyone remember the name on a bar between 9th &10th st. coming up 4th on the left side of the street second floor???
Try TABA - I think Mike Namey ran it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Kensington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Remember New Ken nightlife (Aug '07) 15 hr easy 9,705
“memories only” of new kensington and local areas (Jan '10) Oct 19 RICHARD 1,729
"Mail Call" (Oct '13) Oct 18 RICHARD 84
Avenue School (Valley School) (May '13) Oct 14 P Cowan 3
Sheriff Joe Arpaio (Jul '12) Oct 13 Joe Palooka 130
Building repair costs can be burden for churches Oct 12 slumlord 1
CHUCKIE CROGHAN Speaks (Feb '10) Oct 8 easy 1,628
New Kensington Dating
Find my Match

New Kensington Jobs

New Kensington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

New Kensington News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in New Kensington