Corruption1 Signs in New Kensington

Posted in the New Kensington Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Steve Cantonelli

Springdale, PA

#1 Aug 11, 2010
Saw the topic about "Allegheny Township Corruption." I don't remember the website the OP is talking about, but I sure as hell remember www.corruption1.com signs around New Kensington, Arnold, Lower Burrell and Vandergrift. Who put those signs up?
Art Ravinok

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Aug 11, 2010
That's funny. I never knew there were other corruption1 signs anywhere but in front of the Lower Burrell Baptist Church.

It makes sense, though, seeing as how the site dealt with the harassment of private citizens by local government and State officials. The documents posted on the website were very well written and detailed; they named plenty of names.
jEN SUPRANO

AOL

#3 Aug 14, 2010
I remember teh signs snd thewebsite!
Chuck

Lake Worth, FL

#4 Aug 14, 2010
jEN SUPRANO wrote:
I remember teh signs snd thewebsite!
Is Guy "Punkie" Suprano any thing to you ??? C.C.
Parnassus John

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Aug 15, 2010
What do these signs mean?
Vaughn Braun

West Mifflin, PA

#6 Aug 15, 2010
Parnassus John wrote:
What do these signs mean?
They advertised the website www.corruption1.com , which supposedly had to do with police harassment of citizens of outlying parts of Lower Burrell and Allegheny Township over gas wells on their property. I read the site a long time ago but don't remember much more than the other few posters. Someone must know something though. Those signs were around for several years.
Steve Cantonelli

Springdale, PA

#7 Aug 16, 2010
According to "Corruption," in the corruption1 thread on the Vandergrift Forum it was taken down due to a civil suit. Can anyone confirm?
georgesodini

West Mifflin, PA

#8 Aug 20, 2010
The socalled harassment chronicled on Corruption1 was really the police responding because the envirowackos behind the site were causing trouble for people who wanted to explore and drill for natural gas on their own private property.
Tulane Blacktop 88

West Mifflin, PA

#9 Aug 21, 2010
@georgesodini LOVE that name! ha!

Like everyone else I only remember seeing the signs and checking the site out once or twice. Don't remember any details (didn't even remember the few that the OP did) but I've been asking around since I first saw this thread. A bunch of people remember the signs, and one or two remembers the site but no one knew anything more than I did, which is less than the OP. I would LOVE to hear from anyone who remembers, though!
Corruption

AOL

#10 Aug 22, 2010
Steve Cantonelli wrote:
According to "Corruption," in the corruption1 thread on the Vandergrift Forum it was taken down due to a civil suit. Can anyone confirm?
By confirm do you mean can I show you some kind of document? No.

I can say that I know someone personally who was mentioned on that site and that there was civl action resulting from claims made on the site.
Tulane Blacktop

New Castle, PA

#11 Aug 23, 2010
@Corruption docs or it didn't happen.
Steve Cantonelli

Springdale, PA

#12 Aug 23, 2010
Corruption wrote:
<quoted text>
By confirm do you mean can I show you some kind of document? No.
Ok? I think you're sort of missing the point of the thread(s) by throwing out that you know something about the site but not offering any information to support that.
Corruption wrote:
<quoted text>I can say that I know someone personally who was mentioned on that site and that there was civl action resulting from claims made on the site.
By all means, tells us what you know! That's what we're all looking for.
hillbilly jim

New Kensington, PA

#13 Aug 23, 2010
If the troll could contribute to the discussion he would.
Corruption

AOL

#14 Aug 25, 2010
Steve Cantonelli: I don't believe its incumbent upon me to provide you with any information, certainly not details told me in confidence by people who happened to be named on the site such that I prove what I've claimed. Accept it or don't accept it.

hillbilly jim: I take exception to referring to me as a troll.

"georgesodini:" Beyond your use of the name of a mysoginist murderer being despicable, I take issue with your characterization of the people behind corruption1.com as environmental wackos.
Steve Cantonelli

Springdale, PA

#15 Aug 25, 2010
Corruption wrote:
I don't believe its incumbent upon me to provide you with any information
It is, actually. You made a claim in public that requires evidence to be taken as anything more than an anonymous person claiming something on the Internet.
Corruption wrote:
certainly not details told me in confidence by people who happened to be named on the site
So you say.

Again, this is something that requires PROOF to be more than just an anonymous claim.

Perhaps you could speak to this person you supposedly know who was supposedly involved with the site and ask them to speak to the site's content here rather than jerk everyone here around with your unsubstantiated claims and off-topic arguments about whether or not you have to back such claims up.
Corruption wrote:
Accept it or don't accept it.
I can accept that you know someone personally who was named on that website. I can also accept your original claim that the site was taken down due to a civil suit.

The thread exists, however, because some of us are looking for FACTS, not just unsubstantiated claims.
Corruption wrote:
I take exception to referring to me as a troll.
Stop acting like a troll and people won't call you a troll.
Corruption wrote:
I take issue with your characterization of the people behind corruption1.com as environmental wackos.
That's great.

Care to offer up something that, you know, actually PROVES georgesodini's claim to be wrong?
hillbilly jim

New Kensington, PA

#16 Aug 25, 2010
corruption,
I take your point.
you are an exceptional troll
unused icon

New Kensington, PA

#17 Aug 25, 2010
A little googling turned up this.

http://tinyurl.com/2f9bbf7
Steve Cantonelli

Springdale, PA

#18 Aug 26, 2010
unused icon wrote:
A little googling turned up this.
http://tinyurl.com/2f9bbf7
Thank you for being the first to actually give us some solid information!

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that it's not exactly safe for a person to "cut" a natural gas line?
Corruption

AOL

#19 Aug 26, 2010
Steve Cantonelli: Congratulations - someone just handed you everything you needed to know.

My statements were never meant to be anything but statements for you to take or disregard as you saw fit; I wasn't going to name someone who didn't want to be named.

(Just so you know, that person's name is NOT listed in the link above)

One point I would like to respond to though, is where you said, "Care to offer up something that, you know, actually PROVES georgesodini's claim to be wrong?"

I would ask why you ask me to prove georgesodini wrong as opposed to asking georgesodini himself to prove himself right.

hillbilly jim: I've yet to see you add an on-topic point to this thread, so calling me either a troll or an exceptional troll means little.

Tulane Blacktop: Saw the docs, did you?
Steve Cantonelli

Springdale, PA

#20 Aug 26, 2010
Corruption wrote:
Congratulations - someone just handed you everything you needed to know.
Interesting isn't it, that unused icon, who boviously knew something about the situation, offered up some facts without making an outlandish claims of insider information.
Corruption wrote:
My statements were never meant to be anything but statements for you to take or disregard as you saw fit; I wasn't going to name someone who didn't want to be named.
Then you shouldn't have brought them up in the first place.
Corruption wrote:
One point I would like to respond to though, is where you said, "Care to offer up something that, you know, actually PROVES georgesodini's claim to be wrong?" I would ask why you ask me to prove georgesodini wrong as opposed to asking georgesodini himself to prove himself right.
What was georgesodini wrong about?

If you knew about the situation as you claim to (or even if you read what was stated in the link), you'd know that the issue had been settled years prior in Common Pleas Court. The gas company had the right of way for the gas line and the plantiffs had no legal right to deny the gas company access to service the line THAT THEY CUT! If you ask me destruction of property should have been included in the list of charges. This sounds, to me, like the behavior of an environmental wacko, even if the details that have been thrown out weren't correct. We're all posting here because we're interested in the FACTS of the situation. We've all made it clear we didn't remember exactly what the site's claims were. So GS is wrong about gas drilling when it was gas line right of way. So what?

Do a check of the Westmoreland County eservices site and look and see how many civil actinos the defendants (as well as their neighbors named in the court documents) were invovled in. These people clearly liked to engage in conflict with their neighbors.
Corruption wrote:
I've yet to see you add an on-topic point to this thread, so calling me either a troll or an exceptional troll means little.
And you HAVE made an on-topic point in this thread?

Aside from your as yet unsubstantiated claim that this court action led to the demise of the website, what have YOU added other than "exceptional trolling?"

I seriously doubt the elderly defendants created that website.

I seriously doubt they distributed the signs.

How about you offer up some on-topic answers to those questions?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Kensington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
“memories only” of new kensington and local areas (Jan '10) 4 hr easy 1,742
Polarizing Political View Points (Dec '10) Mon easy 1,771
Convicted Drug Dealer Banned From Hometown (Sep '07) Dec 22 DownWithTheDope 4
Valley High School aide accused of sex with stu... Dec 22 RICHARD 1
"Mail Call" (Oct '13) Dec 22 RICHARD 96
CHUCKIE CROGHAN Speaks (Feb '10) Dec 20 easy 1,634
Fifth Avenue in the1950s (Jul '09) Dec 19 fgarabia 37
New Kensington Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web