Highmark hires Winkenwerder as new CEO

Highmark hires Winkenwerder as new CEO

There are 2 comments on the WPXI story from Jun 5, 2012, titled Highmark hires Winkenwerder as new CEO. In it, WPXI reports that:

Barely two months after firing its CEO, health insurance giant Highmark Inc. announced today it will fill the top job with an outsider who once served as assistant secretary in the U.S. Department of Defense.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPXI.

Anonymous

Bloomington, IN

#1 Jun 11, 2012
This is old newe. Why can't this newspaper publish current news a d up to date obituaries ???? It's been that way for months now and as a former resident, born and raised in N.Ken. I'v called and the response " we know and are working on it " What a joke.
Casey

Glenshaw, PA

#2 Jun 11, 2012
eg9k wrote:
This is old newe. Why can't this newspaper publish current news a d up to date obituaries ???? It's been that way for months now and as a former resident, born and raised in N.Ken. I'v called and the response " we know and are working on it " What a joke.
I hope they can fix their problem, but I don't have much faith. The last time they screwed with their obits, a lot of old NK obits never did reappear, not even in their archives.

I'm not sure what they're doing now. I get the Trib (the parent paper) delivered each day. I checked today, and it appears there are about the same number of obits there as usual. But on line, both at the Trib site and the VND site, there are just a handful posted.

As far as local news is concerned, there hasn't been much posted in the VND for years. I think that what we see on line is all there is in the paper itself. Maybe someone who gets the VDN can verify.

I wonder if they're getting ready to charge us to access the obits on line.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Kensington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CHUCKIE CROGHAN Speaks (Feb '10) 20 hr KenHi61 1,669
New Kensington Mafia (Sep '08) Sep 14 Joe Balls 222
funzie's sports bar (Jul '08) Sep 10 Jordan 112
Remember New Ken nightlife (Aug '07) Sep 7 4thGenNK 9,906
News Commandment signs sprout across Pennsylvania to... Sep 2 Bob Rodgers 1
Barsky Hotel (Feb '07) Sep 2 Bob Rodgers 14
News Retired priest accused of forcing boy to perfor... Aug '17 RCC SikFux 2Burn ... 2

New Kensington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Kensington Mortgages