First Prev
of 2
Next Last
PSNK

New Kensington, PA

#1 May 7, 2009
Seeking former ALCOA laborers from any of the riverside plants in New Kensington who are willing to be interviewed for a tribute video focusing on the relationship between the City of New Kensington and ALCOA through 1971.

Also, residents of New Kensington who lived in the city during the 1940's and 1950's who would be willing to appear on video recalling the city during that period.

This project is in partnership with the BA Program at Penn State New Kensington and the Northern Westmoreland Foundation.
rotsky

New Kensington, PA

#2 May 8, 2009
Reported:

Topix is not your personal erotica site.
RICHARD

United States

#3 Apr 14, 2010
rotsky wrote:
Reported:
Topix is not your personal erotica site.
You wouldn't be one of the famous Orostek brothers would you,if you are i would like to talk to you my old friend.=====RICH=====
RICHARD

Boise, ID

#4 Sep 23, 2010
PSNK wrote:
Seeking former ALCOA laborers from any of the riverside plants in New Kensington who are willing to be interviewed for a tribute video focusing on the relationship between the City of New Kensington and ALCOA through 1971.
Also, residents of New Kensington who lived in the city during the 1940's and 1950's who would be willing to appear on video recalling the city during that period.
This project is in partnership with the BA Program at Penn State New Kensington and the Northern Westmoreland Foundation.
You know their are alot of sites for the New-Ken&Arnold area,i just can't belive no one has aswered this post but me,why?========RICH=======
Richard

United States

#5 Feb 15, 2011
RICHARD wrote:
<quoted text>You know their are alot of sites for the New-Ken&Arnold area,i just can't belive no one has aswered this post but me,why?========RICH=======
Well after 5mos. i'm still wondering why no reply=====RICH=====.
RICHARD

United States

#6 Apr 9, 2011
PSNK wrote:
Can you belive it no one was willing to be interviewed for this tribute well that makes me belive that everyone belives i guess their was no relationship between the city and Alcoa HMMMMMMMMM.
Chuck C

Miami, FL

#7 Apr 11, 2011
RICHARD wrote:
<quoted text>Can you belive it no one was willing to be interviewed for this tribute well that makes me belive that everyone belives i guess their was no relationship between the city and Alcoa HMMMMMMMMM.
I have the feeling Richard any one who worked at Alcoa are long gone,or way to old too care to post,if they even knew how,computers came much later.When I got back from doing my Army thing 1963,my uncle Bill Hadley,was layed off from Alcoa,he had 15 years and told me men with 20 years are next to be layed off.My father Leo.had over 30 years,and was forced to take 13 to 18 weeks vacation,a year some with out pay from Alcoa.So if we do the numbers,there can`t be meany left,I could be wrong but I don`t think Alcoa did any new hireling after or around 1955...C.C.
Chuck C

Miami, FL

#8 Apr 11, 2011
My brother and I at 14 worked for the union once a month passing out news letters,at the 14th St.entertry.I did not read or remember reading them,now I wish I would have.But I do remember the men,were not happy,about what was in those,monthly news papers...
RICHARD

United States

#9 Apr 11, 2011
Chuck C wrote:
<quoted text>I have the feeling Richard any one who worked at Alcoa are long gone,or way to old too care to post,if they even knew how,computers came much later.When I got back from doing my Army thing 1963,my uncle Bill Hadley,was layed off from Alcoa,he had 15 years and told me men with 20 years are next to be layed off.My father Leo.had over 30 years,and was forced to take 13 to 18 weeks vacation,a year some with out pay from Alcoa.So if we do the numbers,there can`t be meany left,I could be wrong but I don`t think Alcoa did any new hireling after or around 1955...C.C.
My friend you are most likely correct.====RICH====
RICHARD

United States

#10 Apr 11, 2011
RICHARD wrote:
<quoted text>My friend you are most likely correct.====RICH====
But the site is" Senior Citizens Wanted"Come on GIRLS AND GUY'S" If we can show them what we learned in are time who can?=====RICH====.
Still in New Ken

United States

#11 Apr 12, 2011
ALCOA did a lot of hiring in the late sixtes to work in the Rocket Unit
Chuck C

Miami, FL

#12 Apr 12, 2011
Still in New Ken wrote:
ALCOA did a lot of hiring in the late sixtes to work in the Rocket Unit
The question was ("Seeking laborers of the riverside plants,New Kensington.")
RICHARD

United States

#13 Apr 13, 2011
Chuck C wrote:
<quoted text>The question was ("Seeking laborers of the riverside plants,New Kensington.")
The forum is "SENIOR CITIZENS WANTED" so were are they?
Chuck C

Miami, FL

#14 Apr 13, 2011
RICHARD wrote:
<quoted text>The forum is "SENIOR CITIZENS WANTED" so were are they?
Sorry old buddy,but like I said,(Long gone,or not on the web)...C.C.
RICHARD

United States

#15 Apr 22, 2011
Chuck C wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry old buddy,but like I said,(Long gone,or not on the web)...C.C.
Oh contrare.
Richard

United States

#16 Sep 13, 2012
RICHARD wrote:
<quoted text>Oh contrare.
And even spelled contrere wrong and no reply in i year and almost 5 mos. Their are alot of senior citizens out their and have alot to say.Now Sammie time to sound off lets go everyone !!
Richard

United States

#17 Nov 15, 2012
Richard wrote:
<quoted text> And even spelled contrere wrong and no reply in i year and almost 5 mos. Their are alot of senior citizens out their and have alot to say.Now Sammie time to sound off lets go everyone !!
Well i guess i should practice what i write or should i ??
Richard

United States

#18 Dec 20, 2012
Richard wrote:
<quoted text>Well i guess i should practice what i write or should i ??
Senior citizens had lived ,worked,learned all what follows one way or another,so why don't we share what we learned to others younger than us that just may help the younger generation or do you belive it will not help...Reply all....(I know you can lead a horse to the trough but you can't make it drink)...
Easy

Plymouth, MA

#19 Dec 21, 2012
Richard wrote:
<quoted text>Senior citizens had lived ,worked,learned all what follows one way or another,so why don't we share what we learned to others younger than us that just may help the younger generation or do you belive it will not help...Reply all....(I know you can lead a horse to the trough but you can't make it drink)...
Rich, Suggested that to an "Effiency Expert" once.... His reply was "just salt his hay a little".
Richard

United States

#20 Dec 22, 2012
Easy wrote:
<quoted text>Rich, Suggested that to an "Effiency Expert" once.... His reply was "just salt his hay a little".
Well i'll still keep trying in this State i live in...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Kensington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Remember New Ken nightlife (Aug '07) Mon Pillar My Ass 9,847
" new kensington & arnold " May 20 Richard 1
Local Politics Do you approve of Jan Rea as Council Member? May 11 Zeke the Pinhead 2
Local Politics Do you approve of Jason Altmire as Representative? (Sep '12) May 11 Zeke the Pinhead 4
Local Politics Do you approve of Dan Onorato as County Chief E... May 11 Zeke the Pinhead 2
News Clinton's sandwich policy: yes on fries, at lea... May 8 Mikey 16
You know your in New Ken when (Oct '10) May 4 Ed C 356
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Kensington Mortgages