Police Investigate Deadly Shooting In...

Police Investigate Deadly Shooting In New Kensington

There are 90 comments on the WPXI story from Apr 3, 2010, titled Police Investigate Deadly Shooting In New Kensington. In it, WPXI reports that:

Police responded to the scene of a fatal shooting in New Kensington late Saturday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPXI.

Joey

AOL

#63 Apr 25, 2010
Richard: I think that black people are 'pulling the strings' because they are smart enough to know right from wrong and they let wrong control their community and ours' without so much as whimper. By failing to do anything about the glaring defects in their own culture, they might as well tell drug dealers that they endorse what they're doing. Look at previous comments here - "they're just trying to make a living". That indicates that some people in the black community actually expect some of its youth to sell drugs and, oh my goodness, they get exactly what they expect! They should expect more, and they should say so. They should expect something better from young black people, for themselves and for ther neighbors. Maybe if they do, and start saying so, they'll get it.
Chuck

Boca Raton, FL

#64 Apr 25, 2010
Joey wrote:
Richard: I think that black people are 'pulling the strings' because they are smart enough to know right from wrong and they let wrong control their community and ours' without so much as whimper. By failing to do anything about the glaring defects in their own culture, they might as well tell drug dealers that they endorse what they're doing. Look at previous comments here - "they're just trying to make a living". That indicates that some people in the black community actually expect some of its youth to sell drugs and, oh my goodness, they get exactly what they expect! They should expect more, and they should say so. They should expect something better from young black people, for themselves and for ther neighbors. Maybe if they do, and start saying so, they'll get it.
I wouder if you lived in the middle of a neighborhood dominated by armed hard core drug dealers.Would you have the nerve to speak out? Or look the other way?The killing are a testment,if you live in what they see as there turf,and speak out you are as good as dead.Black-White-Pink,or what ever.Open your ,mouth and they will kill or have you killed.And the Black people are "Smart enough".But do not dare,to cross these gang`s.They are caught between two forces.White with out concern,and fearfull!And killer black dealers liveing next door what are they too do???C.C.
Levelheaded

Russellton, PA

#65 Apr 26, 2010
old girl wrote:
70% of all jobs are held by white people 70% of training programs are held by white people, 90% of the time an employer will hire a white person instead of a black becasue people like you (Levelheaded) still believe that blacks can not get the job done. Do I believe that we should just set aside programs for blacks,whites, mexicans, no way..... But if more of us and I mean all of us raise our children with morels and values and respect for others we would not be having this conversation about black and white, everyone would be treated equal and we would not notice the differents in others.. But this world is not ready for that, we say grow up black man do something for yourselfs, but wait... your black soooooo.......
Blacks are ONLY 12% of our population. So, IF your stats are true Blacks have ample opportunities to better themselves. I am white, I have black friends and shared an apartment with a black person. His parents brought him up with morals and values and he ended up a productive member of society. He once told me about his grandparents. They were not productive members of society, but, his parents made a conscious decision not to be like their parents. They were influenced by someone @ CHURCH and it made them NOT be like their parents. THEY BROKE THE CHAIN!!!
Joey

AOL

#66 Apr 26, 2010
Chuck: Good points. I guess I've watched too many westerns in which the good guys cower with fear when the Dalton Gang comes into town. They stand around and ask each other, as you have, what can we do?

What the black community needs is a John Wayne. A person, or some people with the guts to do exaclty what you've said they're afraid to do. Or just accept it and go on living like prisoners in their own houses, waiting for the next drive-by shooting to kill them or one of their kids.
Chuck

Lake Worth, FL

#67 Apr 27, 2010
Joey wrote:
Chuck: Good points. I guess I've watched too many westerns in which the good guys cower with fear when the Dalton Gang comes into town. They stand around and ask each other, as you have, what can we do?
What the black community needs is a John Wayne. A person, or some people with the guts to do exaclty what you've said they're afraid to do. Or just accept it and go on living like prisoners in their own houses, waiting for the next drive-by shooting to kill them or one of their kids.
Thanks Joey.You are need on RNKNL.hope to read you there..
RICHARD

United States

#69 Apr 28, 2010
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Joey.You are need on RNKNL.hope to read you there..
How soon everyone forgets about New-Ken back then, we didn't know if times were good or bad,we were in the thick of it ourselves trying to find are own place. It was after a terrible war,mothers were working in the factory's no men around then except the 4-f's.Nen-Ken then grew,when the men came back we all young and old did what we could to get along with are neighbor and make it work,their is no unity now,it's just plain different now,no caring or sharing thats the problem.The citizens that live there now just plain have no caring or sharing,their set in their own little worlds and thats it in a nut-shell,if you wish to continue on this have at it,i'm done.====RICH====
Chuck

Boca Raton, FL

#70 Apr 29, 2010
RICHARD wrote:
<quoted text>How soon everyone forgets about New-Ken back then, we didn't know if times were good or bad,we were in the thick of it ourselves trying to find are own place. It was after a terrible war,mothers were working in the factory's no men around then except the 4-f's.Nen-Ken then grew,when the men came back we all young and old did what we could to get along with are neighbor and make it work,their is no unity now,it's just plain different now,no caring or sharing thats the problem.The citizens that live there now just plain have no caring or sharing,their set in their own little worlds and thats it in a nut-shell,if you wish to continue on this have at it,i'm done.====RICH====
Hay Rich.A few weeks ago I was feeling the sameway and about to throw in the towel! You posted give up on our home town,no way,I think you said ,Don`t give up Chuck.Now I say ,Don`t give up Richard.The harder it gets the harder we go>>>
RICHARD

United States

#71 Apr 30, 2010
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text> Hay Rich.A few weeks ago I was feeling the sameway and about to throw in the towel! You posted give up on our home town,no way,I think you said ,Don`t give up Chuck.Now I say ,Don`t give up Richard.The harder it gets the harder we go>>>
Thats not the problem.it's the people that write,they just plain don't understand,what they should be saying as i said to music-"I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW THE RAIN HAS GONE IT'S GOING TO BE A BRIGHT SHINNING DAY" OR THE SONG BY THE SKYLINERS-THEIR'S SOME-ONE THAT STANDS BESIDE YOU LOOK AROUND LOOK AROUND"Oh well i guess in the future i write in song,maybe i'll wake some people up to face the music,what does every-one think of that?====RICH======
debo

Painesville, OH

#72 May 6, 2010
Parnassus John wrote:
<quoted text>First of all, learn how to spell in proper english so we can understand you. Second, Your so called brother was a scumbag, a known drug dealer who was already convicted and served time for it. I hope they shoot a few more like him.
i really dont think you should be talkin like that. i dont think you realize how eazy it is to find a persons personal information from a computer
Joey

AOL

#73 May 7, 2010
Hey, it looks like the Duke showed up after all. That's all it takes - let the good guys know who the bad guys are. Way to go!

New Kensington and Arnold could be a wonderful place for black people (or anyone else, for that matter) to live. Real estate is inexpensive, the area has a lot to offer, and anyone with an ounce of business sense has golden opportunities available to them on Fifth and Fourth Avenues - where commercial properties are available for a song.

Go after it. Make NK a nice place and show people what good black people can do - instead of letting them only see the black criminals who prey on other black people.
clevelandisgay

Oswego, NY

#74 May 7, 2010
like cleveland is retarded n stop acting like u guyzzz r thug n shit cuzz u aint

Since: Mar 10

Braddock, PA

#75 May 8, 2010
This is from the Valley News Dispatch.

New Kensington slaying suspect faces trial

A district judge ruled Thursday that a 19-year-old Crafton man will stand trial for fatally shooting another man along a New Kensington street last month.

Anthony Lamar "Tone" McWhite, 19, is accused of killing Shawntez Thomas "Sleeze" Weems, 23, of Cleveland, April 3 along Constitution Boulevard.

Witness Erica O'Neal, 21, testified at McWhite's preliminary hearing that she was with her live-in boyfriend, Sheldon Pinnock, when he got a cell phone call from McWhite asking for a ride.

McWhite said he was "about to drop on" shoot Weems, whom he was following, O'Neal testified.

The prosecution contends that McWhite did just that, before Pinnock arrived.

McWhite was picked up in the alley behind Kenneth Avenue and asked to be taken to the intersection of Kenneth Avenue and North Street to get his mother's car.

McWhite said, "The police are out and it's 'hot'... and I just want to get out of town."

During the ride, Pinnock asked McWhite about the shooting, according to O'Neal.

McWhite said he shot "eight or nine times" and was "using a 40," O'Neal testified. Police say that refers to a .40-caliber gun; they found eight empty .40-caliber shell casings at the scene.

"He got real loud and said he was tired of the Cleveland (racial slur)'and if the people won't shut them up, I will. I'm done with it,'" O'Neal testified. O'Neal said she didn't talk to police right away but later felt bad and called a detective.

O'Neal testified that McWhite told Pinnock the pistol he had used was in a red bag under a porch. McWhite asked Pinnock to get rid of it for him. O'Neal testified that Pinnock responded, "I got ya."

Divers found the pistol in the Allegheny River last Saturday.

Pinnock wasn't called to testify Thursday.

Defense attorney Celeste Robertson raised the possibility that Pinnock could be the shooter, not McWhite.

Under questioning from Robertson, O'Neal testified that she had agreed to a plea bargain in an unrelated robbery case. Robertson asked if O'Neal got any deal with prosecutors for testifying against McWhite.
RICHARD

United States

#76 May 24, 2010
Joey wrote:
Yep, they're just "doing the only thing they can to make a living" bull-crap again. Take a look around at every city, and every neighborhood that has attracted a large black population. Take a look at downtown New Kensington, where people don't even want to go any more because of the animosity and threats they face if they do. Question: Is this the sort of world that black people really want to live in? Do they take pleasure on making a place so vile that decent people want to leave? We've heard the excuse that 'this is caused only by a few', and I believe that's true, but it's still true that the black community as a whole puts up with it and in the end, white people get blamed. Time for our black brothers to get their act together, live a clean life and make the places where they live so nice that white people are suing them to get in.
Well i've read,heard all the suggustions including mine,what does all this mean,really?I wonder if all the writers on this site were born and raised in New-Ken&Arnold&Springd ale,Natrona Hgts.ECT.Didn't we all live together back then, grow up together get along together,what happenned?Job opportunity's lacking,no education,no mills to work in,parents deceased,no guidence or help just plain all the above and more.I as well as others that write do not live there anymore,we care,but do nothing just suggust what to do,but do nothing.It breaks my heart to hear what is going on BUT==========What can we do only talk about it====anymore takers=====RICH=====.
Joey

United States

#77 Jun 1, 2010
Here's one thing we can do: when somebody says something that's pure bullshit, we can SAY it's pure bullshit. One problem is that there are too many black people who spout things like, "he's just trying to make a living" without any sensible response. Like white people have no right to say anything contradicting black bullshit. Black people are just as capable of making a living without being drug dealers as anyone else. Yet, when they do it, and when they kill each other, we sit silently by when we hear them say, "poor boy", or "he was just trying to make a living" because, you know, white people discriminate against black people. Uh huh. That's why it happened. Right.
haaahahahahahaha hahaa

Oswego, NY

#78 Jun 4, 2010
this shi-tttt is g-ay ;)
RICHARD

United States

#79 Jun 6, 2010
Joey wrote:
Here's one thing we can do: when somebody says something that's pure bullshit, we can SAY it's pure bullshit. One problem is that there are too many black people who spout things like, "he's just trying to make a living" without any sensible response. Like white people have no right to say anything contradicting black bullshit. Black people are just as capable of making a living without being drug dealers as anyone else. Yet, when they do it, and when they kill each other, we sit silently by when we hear them say, "poor boy", or "he was just trying to make a living" because, you know, white people discriminate against black people. Uh huh. That's why it happened. Right.
Well i guess you didn't agree with post #73,read it again -let it sink in--read other posts-let them sink in--take a deep breath--let it help you to understand,it's not the same New-Ken.We and are brothers aren't their anymore,sure we can talk the talk and walk the walk,but really everyone it's up to the home folks if they want to put up with it and the young generation living there.We just have to reluctently i guess accept it for what it has become or go their and do something.========RICH=======.
RICHARD

Meridian, ID

#80 Jul 14, 2010
RICHARD wrote:
<quoted text>Well i guess you didn't agree with post #73,read it again -let it sink in--read other posts-let them sink in--take a deep breath--let it help you to understand,it's not the same New-Ken.We and are brothers aren't their anymore,sure we can talk the talk and walk the walk,but really everyone it's up to the home folks if they want to put up with it and the young generation living there.We just have to reluctently i guess accept it for what it has become or go their and do something.========RICH=======.
Well,well,no comments since June that tells us something,no one wants to go their and straighten it up i guess,HHNMMMMMMMMMMMMM.======= RICH=======.
Jesse Jackson

Harleysville, PA

#81 Jul 15, 2010
White people are the cause of al of the blacks problems! It is their fault. Now that we have Obama in office we going to get some of that free money !
ANDY

Edmond, OK

#82 Jul 15, 2010
Jesse Jackson wrote:
White people are the cause of al of the blacks problems! It is their fault. Now that we have Obama in office we going to get some of that free money !
Didn't i beat some sense into you back in 7th grade when you said give me a nickle and i said NO. You will never learn that nothing is free.
RICHARD

Boise, ID

#83 Jul 16, 2010
ANDY wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't i beat some sense into you back in 7th grade when you said give me a nickle and i said NO. You will never learn that nothing is free.
Now that's the New-Ken i remember,settled it then become friends for life and continue on,now i'm happy,some-one finally spoke the truth,hats off to you"ANDY".======RICH ========.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Kensington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Remember New Ken nightlife (Aug '07) Feb 13 Stick 9,914
St Joseph School (Aug '12) Feb 7 Nky1968 27
Wanted: Ken Penn Amusements Memorabilia, Info,... (Aug '15) Feb 5 Jo jo 11
Fifth Avenue in the1950s (Jul '09) Jan 22 GGoltiani 54
Doc Soroka Jan '18 boysovsumr 1
"new kensington's future" (Apr '14) Dec '17 Ura 43
Chad hanna Dec '17 Distant 1

New Kensington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance