Police Investigate Deadly Shooting In...

Police Investigate Deadly Shooting In New Kensington

There are 90 comments on the WPXI story from Apr 3, 2010, titled Police Investigate Deadly Shooting In New Kensington. In it, WPXI reports that:

Police responded to the scene of a fatal shooting in New Kensington late Saturday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPXI.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Mar 10

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Apr 4, 2010
Police are continuing their investigation into the Saturday night shooting death of an unidentified black male in the 1000 block of Constitution Boulevard.

Police Chief Ron Zellers said gunshots were reported about 8:49 p.m. When police arrived, they found the victim in his early- to mid-20s lying on the street with a gunshot wound in the head. "There was a pulse but he died en route to (UPMC) Presbyterian," Zellers said.

The shooting apparently took place near the intersection with McCargo Street.

Police are working to get a positive identification on the victim. Sammie Tallerico of Kenneth Avenue, New Ken-sington, who was at the scene, said the victim went by the street name "Sleazy." She said he was living in a house nearby and that he was from Cleveland.

A young woman who identified herself only as Lauren, said she was driving on Constitution and almost hit the victim as he lay in the street.

"When I saw all the blood, I knew he was shot. It was a shame everybody was just driving by." Zellers said police had little to go on last night. He said a black male, about 6 feet tall wearing a red ballcap and a black T-shirt was seen running from the scene, but police don't know if that person had anything to do with the slaying
goodoldboys

New Kensington, PA

#2 Apr 4, 2010
The guy was from Cleveland? Where do these people find NK? Do ya think it was drug related?

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Apr 4, 2010
I believe it is, why would anybody come to new ken? We are not a vacation destination more like a place for drug dealers.... I wish somebody had a plan to get the downtown area up and running again.
ERICA

Yonkers, NY

#4 Apr 7, 2010
no i do not thynk it was drug related just cause someone is frm another state or county!! while ppl to bizzy tryin to put mii brother down yeah he frm cleveland but he stayed out there so mind ya buisness ya dont know him so ya cnt judge him we lost somone close to us and here u guys go puttin someone down lyke u knew them!! he wouldve lived if emergency service would come faster then they do t-sleezy mii bro may u rip and and forget bout wat ppl thynkin bout u!!!
Care for Dare

United States

#5 Apr 8, 2010
Thank goodness it wasn't drug related. Did he work in New Kensington after leaving Cleveland. Just wondering what reason for the relocation.
Drugs = Jailtime or Death

Glad to hear this was an exception.
Levelheaded

Russellton, PA

#6 Apr 8, 2010
ERICA wrote:
no i do not thynk it was drug related just cause someone is frm another state or county!! while ppl to bizzy tryin to put mii brother down yeah he frm cleveland but he stayed out there so mind ya buisness ya dont know him so ya cnt judge him we lost somone close to us and here u guys go puttin someone down lyke u knew them!! he wouldve lived if emergency service would come faster then they do t-sleezy mii bro may u rip and and forget bout wat ppl thynkin bout u!!!
OUR City is OUR business. People like him and you are ruining this City. You ALL (welfare recipients, drug dealers, prostitutes, etc.) should leave and give us back our city. I think our taxes should be spent on GOOD things; not responding to emergencies for people who don't even pay taxes and do nothing for the City but cause trouble. Shove that in your crack pipe and smoke it!!!
Care for Dare

United States

#7 Apr 8, 2010
When are people going to be responsible for their own actions. Its always the cops fault, emergency workers fault, hospital workers fault.
The suspect is always in the process of turning their lives around. Well carrying a gun, drugs, large sums of money or wondering the street at the wee morning hours of the morning isn't necessarily trying to turn your life around. They never see the root of the problem. Its much easier to focus and blame someone else.
ERICA

Yonkers, NY

#8 Apr 8, 2010
Care for Dare wrote:
When are people going to be responsible for their own actions. Its always the cops fault, emergency workers fault, hospital workers fault.
The suspect is always in the process of turning their lives around. Well carrying a gun, drugs, large sums of money or wondering the street at the wee morning hours of the morning isn't necessarily trying to turn your life around. They never see the root of the problem. Its much easier to focus and blame someone else.
well just to let u know its his city ass well as u thynk its urs so comment all u wnt i hope u loose someone and they tlk shyt just lyke u tlkin!! and as for da welfare ppl u tlkin bout just remember we pay for ya taxes weather u wanna see it dat way or not. with out us u wnt have a job!! so tk dat!! oh and another thyng ur city still goin down da drain cause there still ppl bein killed out there!!! so why dnt u try to fix dat!!! and leave mii brother to rip!!
nyawesomebitch

Oswego, NY

#9 Apr 9, 2010
um i would like to say i LOVE NEW KEN!!!!!!!!!!
nyawesomebitch

Oswego, NY

#10 Apr 9, 2010
jgabelli wrote:
Police are continuing their investigation into the Saturday night shooting death of an unidentified black male in the 1000 block of Constitution Boulevard.
Police Chief Ron Zellers said gunshots were reported about 8:49 p.m. When police arrived, they found the victim in his early- to mid-20s lying on the street with a gunshot wound in the head. "There was a pulse but he died en route to (UPMC) Presbyterian," Zellers said.
The shooting apparently took place near the intersection with McCargo Street.
Police are working to get a positive identification on the victim. Sammie Tallerico of Kenneth Avenue, New Ken-sington, who was at the scene, said the victim went by the street name "Sleazy." She said he was living in a house nearby and that he was from Cleveland.
A young woman who identified herself only as Lauren, said she was driving on Constitution and almost hit the victim as he lay in the street.
"When I saw all the blood, I knew he was shot. It was a shame everybody was just driving by." Zellers said police had little to go on last night. He said a black male, about 6 feet tall wearing a red ballcap and a black T-shirt was seen running from the scene, but police don't know if that person had anything to do with the slaying
..learn how to spelll plzz:)
ERICA

Yonkers, NY

#11 Apr 9, 2010
nyawesomebitch wrote:
<quoted text>..learn how to spelll plzz:)
sweetie its called computer tlk so b quiet u not so educated ur self!!! and aint nobody sayin nuthyn bad bout ur city but apparently ur people their r puttin a bad name on mii lil bro okaaaaay!!!!!!!!
ERICA

Yonkers, NY

#12 Apr 9, 2010
nyawesomebitch wrote:
um i would like to say i LOVE NEW KEN!!!!!!!!!!
yeah i bet u white!!

Irwin, PA

#13 Apr 11, 2010
Wow, I can barely read through the conversation. Does computer talk = barely literate? And way to try to make it a racial conversation. I think this Erica person is just playing games, even if you ignore the spelling the grammar is just horrible. Done posting on this thread.
Chuck

Hialeah, FL

#14 Apr 11, 2010
jgabelli wrote:
Wow, I can barely read through the conversation. Does computer talk = barely literate? And way to try to make it a racial conversation. I think this Erica person is just playing games, even if you ignore the spelling the grammar is just horrible. Done posting on this thread.
The grammar & spelling is not the point.Listen to what you are being told here.I say these people are doing the only thing they can to make money,to live,to eat,cann`t you see this...
Chuck

Miami, FL

#15 Apr 11, 2010
All so they are not the ones who are buying the drugs.They are guilty,of supplying ,but if you think this trade is possable with out buyers .The buyers are the driveing force.Stop the buyers..Stop the buyers...
Parnassus John

Johnstown, PA

#16 Apr 11, 2010
ERICA wrote:
First of all, learn how to spell in proper english so we can understand you. Second, Your so called brother was a scumbag, a known drug dealer who was already convicted and served time for it. I hope they shoot a few more like him.

Irwin, PA

#17 Apr 11, 2010
Chuck wrote:
All so they are not the ones who are buying the drugs.They are guilty,of supplying ,but if you think this trade is possable with out buyers .The buyers are the driveing force.Stop the buyers..Stop the buyers...
You have a great point, there should be stiffer penalties for the buyers. With supply and demand economics you have to get rid of the demand and the supply should go out of business. Local police say there is a lot of "pushing and shoving" among different outside sources to get the right to distribute here. A lot of it ends in violence.
erica

Yonkers, NY

#18 Apr 12, 2010
jgabelli wrote:
wa eva
erica

Yonkers, NY

#19 Apr 12, 2010
Chuck wrote:
i agree with chuck but my brother had nothing to do with the drugs if u had met him ya'll wold have seen it for ya'll selves!! stop the vilence stop the drugs and stop the gangs that just go ot just to shoot people for fun!!! i miss my brother and im sure you would feel the same if ya'll lost your loved ones
erica

Yonkers, NY

#20 Apr 12, 2010
Parnassus John wrote:
<quoted text>First of all, learn how to spell in proper english so we can understand you. Second, Your so called brother was a scumbag, a known drug dealer who was already convicted and served time for it. I hope they shoot a few more like him.
want some proper english here we go u low life ass hoe the only scum bag in here is you hope to see u one day out in the street and you get shot up and they leave you their to die ass well you probably was the ass hoe who did it but its ok keep runny you will get caght up wit one day or maybe one of your kids will in da street one day we got your full name

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Kensington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wanted: Ken Penn Amusements Memorabilia, Info,... (Aug '15) Jun 25 Carnival guy 3
You know your in New Ken when (Oct '10) Jun 25 Mad Parent 357
Mission Pittsburgh Jun 14 Church at the Hei... 1
Remember New Ken nightlife (Aug '07) Jun 9 KimA 9,853
Fifth Avenue in the1950s (Jul '09) Jun 2 KenHi60 44
" new kensington & arnold " May '16 Richard 1
Local Politics Do you approve of Jan Rea as Council Member? (Nov '15) May '16 Zeke the Pinhead 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Kensington Mortgages