Time to look to the future!
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
RUTH THET

New Kensington, PA

#21 Mar 28, 2011
Condos and nursing homes would be great but you have to have cheese to bait the mouse. Why would anybody move to a town where 80% of the shops are boarded up and there is a large empty hospital? Step one would be to reclaim property by the river and put n a nice park and new commercial zoning to allow small coffee shops, resteraunts and stores to face that new park. Then upgrade the old hospital and convert it to a VA hospital with a sister site for assisted living that connects to the river front park. The old downtown needs to have 20% of the buildings take down for parking lots, 40% taken down for new structures and the rest need a lot of curb appeal for new tenants. In the meantime work to remove property from absent landlords and work hard to remove section 8 housing from people who let it fall apart. Build up condos at the one end of downtown and at the other end with the projects... Well, the projects will need some new curb appeal. put in a small park, flower beds, benches playground all the while move the police out of the cars and put them on foot and bring in more k-9 cops. Get the cops talking to people and walking the streets. with a few k-9 cops out walking you will reduce the number of corner drug dealers and when you bust them offer plea deals to get the bigger fish. Let the cops embrace the community while use that new formed friendship to hassle the drug dealers and prostitutes. Take down old crack houses and reclaim abandoned property and work with local contractors so New Ken can offer the land cheap and the contractor can build new homes for the people moving in for jobs. Then complete the community with street fairs, bring in a local magazine for home and gardens, coupons to hometown shops, stories on some of the amazing people in the community... Give people pride again. Work with local churches to have outside picnics in the park and community events. Improve the appearance of the down with projects supported by local business to plant trees, clean up trash. Make the entrance into town and any main throughways nice and pleasant to look at. Not over grown with weeds and trash covered.
RUTH THET

New Kensington, PA

#22 Mar 28, 2011
Your going to need a PR person to contact the papers and news channels in Pittsburgh to get the word out that new ken isnt a big crack house anymore. Your going to need to get somebody to sell the new look and lower crime to everybody who has ever heard of new ken in the last 40 - 50 years.?Its the ass end of the wrong side of a punchline right now. If you tell people you live in new ken their face gets funny as they remember all the local headlines of shootings, drugs and hoes... We need a PR person to change that way of thinking.
RICHARD

United States

#23 Mar 31, 2011
RUTH THET wrote:
Your going to need a PR person to contact the papers and news channels in Pittsburgh to get the word out that new ken isnt a big crack house anymore. Your going to need to get somebody to sell the new look and lower crime to everybody who has ever heard of new ken in the last 40 - 50 years.?Its the ass end of the wrong side of a punchline right now. If you tell people you live in new ken their face gets funny as they remember all the local headlines of shootings, drugs and hoes... We need a PR person to change that way of thinking.
Well Ruth it's passed mine and others time to help make that turn around,it's up to the younger generation now to kick it in gear if they want a better life in New-Ken for themselves and there famlies and others.====RICH====.
RICHARD

United States

#24 Apr 9, 2011
RICHARD wrote:
<quoted text>Well Ruth it's passed mine and others time to help make that turn around,it's up to the younger generation now to kick it in gear if they want a better life in New-Ken for themselves and there famlies and others.====RICH====.
Do i guess they are not interested or just plain satisfied the way it is,so whats the answer????====RICH===.
Chuck C

Lake Worth, FL

#25 Sep 8, 2011
Chuck C wrote:
<quoted text>Easy guys your trying to solve a problem,that may be unsoluble,WKPA may be right,give it up and make a better life.Remember Humpde Dumpde all the kings men could not put him back together...C.C.
Is this what you seen Richard???
RICHARD

United States

#26 Aug 19, 2012
Chuck C wrote:
<quoted text>Forget the deep shit Call me C.C.
Well after many months,no calls no letters what did you expect???? HHHHHHHmmmmmmmmm!!
Richard

United States

#27 Sep 13, 2012
Chuck C wrote:
<quoted text>Is this what you seen Richard???
The fact is life must go continue at the age of being retired and not playing all the games that we had to play in life it's time just to relax and enjoy life and not sweat the petty stuff.We earned it so enjoy it everyone,life is to short.Everyone go have some fun and play !!
Richard

United States

#28 Nov 14, 2012
Richard wrote:
<quoted text>Joyce & Chuck your both are correct however what can be done know? I still agree with what "Brose' said in a much ealier site about building a Va hospital in New-Ken as well as condo's in the old site of Alcoa,New Ken has always had the opportunity to be a bedroom community with rapid transit to Pitsburgh, gone are the days of industry and what a view it would be to have condo's and town-houses by the river thats my view as well as more but lets hear from the home folks Ist..====RICH====.
Still agree !!
Richard

United States

#29 Nov 14, 2012
Richard wrote:
<quoted text>Talk like that will go on forever nows the time for the home folks and the new rising stars of New Ken to get a leg up doesn't everyone think so?====RICH====.
Yes,yes were are the rising stars ??
Richard

United States

#30 Nov 14, 2012
Richard wrote:
<quoted text>You right ,lets see what the next generation of New-Kenners can accomplish it's in their hands now i hope for the sake of our once fantastic city.====RICH====
Okay were are the next generation of New-Kenners?Do you wish to rebuild or not ??
Richard

United States

#31 Nov 14, 2012
Richard wrote:
<quoted text>Finally it's out in the open,"AMEN" so let the new generation run with the ball see if they can overcome.====RICH===
Will they overcome ??
Richard

United States

#32 Nov 14, 2012
RICHARD wrote:
<quoted text>My dear grandfather told me along time okay "LISTEN DON'T SPEAK AND LEARN " We all make mistakes but what do we learn from our mistakes? He would say each generation must learn from the others mistakes and grow stronger and continue with each generation not just sit back and wait for someone else to make things better.Teach your children and grand children and keep it going to each generation and at one point "Guess What" your right improvement in numbers thats the key.======RICH=====.
Is it ??
Richard

United States

#33 Nov 15, 2012
RICHARD wrote:
<quoted text>Continue,"TODAY I BELIVE EVERYONE WANTS TO GET AWAY FROM THE RATIONAL ,PRACTICAL WORLD"==any comments or is that statement to deep?====RICH====.
Still no comments ??
Richard

United States

#34 Nov 15, 2012
RICHARD wrote:
<quoted text>Well Ruth it's passed mine and others time to help make that turn around,it's up to the younger generation now to kick it in gear if they want a better life in New-Ken for themselves and there famlies and others.====RICH====.
Are they ??
Richard

United States

#35 Nov 15, 2012
RICHARD wrote:
<quoted text>Do i guess they are not interested or just plain satisfied the way it is,so whats the answer????====RICH===.
What is the answer ??
Richard

United States

#37 Nov 15, 2012
RICHARD wrote:
<quoted text>Well after many months,no calls no letters what did you expect???? HHHHHHHmmmmmmmmm!!
I would say nothing and you ??
Richard

United States

#38 Nov 15, 2012
Richard wrote:
<quoted text>The fact is life must go continue at the age of being retired and not playing all the games that we had to play in life it's time just to relax and enjoy life and not sweat the petty stuff.We earned it so enjoy it everyone,life is to short.Everyone go have some fun and play !!
So it'd down to my comment awhile back.
Richard

United States

#39 Dec 20, 2012
RICHARD wrote:
<quoted text>My dear grandfather told me along time okay "LISTEN DON'T SPEAK AND LEARN " We all make mistakes but what do we learn from our mistakes? He would say each generation must learn from the others mistakes and grow stronger and continue with each generation not just sit back and wait for someone else to make things better.Teach your children and grand children and keep it going to each generation and at one point "Guess What" your right improvement in numbers thats the key.======RICH=====.
This i belive to the fullest,this is the only way to overcome in numbers and generation.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Kensington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wanted: Ken Penn Amusements Memorabilia, Info,... (Aug '15) 10 hr Tiger Paws 7
Barsky Hotel (Feb '07) Sun Johnny Lubomski 13
Remember New Ken nightlife (Aug '07) Jun 24 Easy 9,914
St Joseph School (Aug '12) Jun 24 Mar P 25
Fifth Avenue in the1950s (Jul '09) Jun 12 Newkenboy 49
CHUCKIE CROGHAN Speaks (Feb '10) May '17 radsolutions 1,665
You know your in New Ken when (Oct '10) May '17 Sheetz 358

New Kensington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance