Dealer's 73 guns stolen; 2 arrested

Dealer's 73 guns stolen; 2 arrested

There are 21 comments on the Monadnock Ledger-Transcript story from Jan 9, 2009, titled Dealer's 73 guns stolen; 2 arrested. In it, Monadnock Ledger-Transcript reports that:

Two men were arrested in their Manchester home Monday afternoon by the FBI Safe Streets Task Force and the Manchester Police Department's SWAT team on charges of stealing 73 firearms from a New Ipswich gun ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Monadnock Ledger-Transcript.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bruce V

Auburn, AL

#1 Jan 9, 2009
Gee, I wonder what kind of common sense gun control law would have prevented this from happening?
ggd276

AOL

#2 Jan 9, 2009
they will blame the guns,instead of the crooks
josh of indiana

Duncan, OK

#3 Jan 9, 2009
You drink and drive Blame the car
Frank

Londonderry, NH

#4 Jan 10, 2009
Bruce V wrote:
Gee, I wonder what kind of common sense gun control law would have prevented this from happening?
Because as we all know, this kind of thing doesn't happen in Alabama because of their common sense laws.
Of course, you can still be hung from a tree and set on fire for being the "wrong" color, but they got those guns under control.
Frank

Londonderry, NH

#6 Jan 10, 2009
Law wrote:
<quoted text>You'll be posting a cite to a recent lynching? Or, is that just something that northeastern elitists just perpetuate.
Yeah you're right. Blacks being lynched down south is an urban myth. It never happened. Its just more lies from the states that pay the federal taxes so that southern towns can have stop signs.
Boomer215

Anderson, IN

#8 Jan 10, 2009
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah you're right. Blacks being lynched down south is an urban myth. It never happened. Its just more lies from the states that pay the federal taxes so that southern towns can have stop signs.
I'll have to read the story again, I seem to have missed the part where the theft is connected to a lynching.
Frank

Londonderry, NH

#9 Jan 10, 2009
Boomer215 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll have to read the story again, I seem to have missed the part where the theft is connected to a lynching.
I never said the theft was connected to a lynching. If you're going to try and be clever, you should take the time to read all the posts so you dont make a complete asss of yourself. Next time, that is.
Frank

Londonderry, NH

#10 Jan 10, 2009
Law wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, no cites to back up your assertion. Typical.
More elitist codswallop however.
There is that lame overused "elitist" phrase again. You accused me of following a stereotype in your first post. And, you then use a stereotype to make your own point, but you're not smart enough to see it. Oh well. I didnt really expect anything different.
Frank

Londonderry, NH

#11 Jan 10, 2009
Law wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, no cites to back up your assertion. Typical.
More elitist codswallop however.
I guess your point is that since it hasn't happened lately, it isn't a valid example. Well, it hasn't been long enough for it not to still count. Sorry.
Boomer215

Anderson, IN

#12 Jan 10, 2009
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said the theft was connected to a lynching. If you're going to try and be clever, you should take the time to read all the posts so you dont make a complete asss of yourself. Next time, that is.
So the reason you brought the subject up would be.....?
Frank

Londonderry, NH

#13 Jan 11, 2009
Boomer215 wrote:
<quoted text>
So the reason you brought the subject up would be.....?
*sigh* Ok, instead of you just reading the exchange, I will spell it out for you.
The guy from Alabama made a comment about how people from the north make assumptions about people from the south, and then he put in his own assumption to accent his comment. Of course, he doesnt think that his assumption is a stereotype, he "knows its really true". He isnt smart enough to see that he did exactly what I did, he thinks HIS prejudice isnt really prejudice but fact. So I made fun of the fact that he comes from the area of the country that benefits the most from federal aid, which the northern states fund with their taxes.
The south is also always crowing about family values and being the real America, but all the historical monuments are up here because WE started this country. Remember the 13 original colonies? Not one of them down in welfare ville.
The founding fathers who created the Constitution that those hillbillies love to misquote? Every line penned by a "yankee". Family values? Nine out of the ten top states for divorce? You guessed it, southern states. The state with the LEAST divorce? Massachusetts.
Stupid inbred rebel nitwits.
So Boomer, when someone whos tag reads that he is from Alabama, and he wants to make a comment about the north using one of his completely inaccurate southern assumptions, I like to hit him with some bona fide facts. Get it now?
Boomer215

Anderson, IN

#14 Jan 11, 2009
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
*sigh* Ok, instead of you just reading the exchange, I will spell it out for you.
The guy from Alabama made a comment about how people from the north make assumptions about people from the south, and then he put in his own assumption to accent his comment. Of course, he doesnt think that his assumption is a stereotype, he "knows its really true". He isnt smart enough to see that he did exactly what I did, he thinks HIS prejudice isnt really prejudice but fact. So I made fun of the fact that he comes from the area of the country that benefits the most from federal aid, which the northern states fund with their taxes.
The south is also always crowing about family values and being the real America, but all the historical monuments are up here because WE started this country. Remember the 13 original colonies? Not one of them down in welfare ville.
The founding fathers who created the Constitution that those hillbillies love to misquote? Every line penned by a "yankee". Family values? Nine out of the ten top states for divorce? You guessed it, southern states. The state with the LEAST divorce? Massachusetts.
Stupid inbred rebel nitwits.
So Boomer, when someone whos tag reads that he is from Alabama, and he wants to make a comment about the north using one of his completely inaccurate southern assumptions, I like to hit him with some bona fide facts. Get it now?
The posters comment that you're all fired up about was-
"Gee, I wonder what kind of common sense gun control law would have prevented this from happening?"

He didn't say anything about the north. What shows is your prejudice against, and sterotyping of the of people from the southern States.
Appearently you also believe that any comment against gun control is automatically directed at the at the northern States. Which is your problem.

I need no reminder from you as to the 13 colonies, Pennsylvania was one of them.

As was the Colony of Virginia, which later became the States of Virginia, Kentucky, and West Virginia.

And the Province of North Carolina, which later became the States of North Carolina and Tennessee.

And the Province of South Carolina, which later became the State of South Carolina.

And the Province of Georgia Which became the State of Georgia.

Go peddle your hatred some where else.
Frank

Londonderry, NH

#15 Jan 11, 2009
OK, since you stubbornly refuse to actually read the damn posts, I will copy and paste if for you.

"You'll be posting a cite to a recent lynching? Or, is that just something that northeastern elitists just perpetuate."

There, did you finally manage to see it?
Can you finally see the post I was responding to when I made my second post?

Im not sure I can make it any easier for you.
Boomer215

Anderson, IN

#16 Jan 11, 2009
Frank wrote:
OK, since you stubbornly refuse to actually read the damn posts, I will copy and paste if for you.
"You'll be posting a cite to a recent lynching? Or, is that just something that northeastern elitists just perpetuate."
There, did you finally manage to see it?
Can you finally see the post I was responding to when I made my second post?
Im not sure I can make it any easier for you.
Your the one who brought the subject in post # 4.

Bruce V wrote:
"Gee, I wonder what kind of common sense gun control law would have prevented this from happening?"

You responded by squeezing out:

"Because as we all know, this kind of thing doesn't happen in Alabama because of their common sense laws.
Of course, you can still be hung from a tree and set on fire for being the "wrong" color, but they got those guns under control."

Your response had nothing to do with the post you responded to or the subject of the thread.

“ALL AMERICAN”

Since: Aug 08

Long Beach, CA

#17 Jan 11, 2009
WOW! look at one little post starting so much crap.
give the mans guns back,hang the monkeys that stoled them 9CASE CLOSED)
paul

Grayslake, IL

#18 Jan 11, 2009
gov-sucks wrote:
WOW! look at one little post starting so much crap.
give the mans guns back,hang the monkeys that stoled them 9CASE CLOSED)
Wow,Frank must be having a bad day.
Bruce V

Auburn, AL

#19 Jan 11, 2009
Geeeeeeeezzzzzz Frank, you are a testy little devil aren't you.

Your imagination runs wild, I wrote nothing about the north in my original post. The post was a comment on the stupidity of gun control; which, I'm sure you will disagree with.

If you will allow me the courtesy of stereo typing the same as you do (which being a Southern Gentleman I don't do)I must comment that all of you people in favor of gun control don't have any common sense.

Oh and BTW, you don't really need to be so defensive about being from the north, most of the people down here don't really hold that against you, we understand.

Also, just to help you out a little, the I.P. address indicated is just my current location; I was born and raised in Miami, FL. parents from PA.

But just to make you happy and cement your mental picture, Golieeeeee have a nice day, YALLLLLLLL!
Law

United States

#20 Jan 11, 2009
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess your point is that since it hasn't happened lately, it isn't a valid example.
That's right becasuse those wrongs were corrected some time ago.
Frank wrote:
Well, it hasn't been long enough for it not to still count. Sorry.
No, of course not. We'll be sure to keep an eye out for your constant reminders.
Law

United States

#21 Jan 11, 2009
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
There is that lame overused "elitist" phrase again. You accused me of following a stereotype in your first post. And, you then use a stereotype to make your own point, but you're not smart enough to see it. Oh well. I didnt really expect anything different.
Oh, I see. If you use a stereotype it's okay. Duly noted.
But you're stereotype is lame and overused as well. Not that it would matter to you.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#22 Jan 11, 2009
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess your point is that since it hasn't happened lately, it isn't a valid example. Well, it hasn't been long enough for it not to still count. Sorry.
1981 to be exact.

But this is interesting to note:

"ean Bell Gunned Down on His Wedding Day –
Mobilize Workers’ Power Against Police State Repression!

50 Bullets: Racist NYPD Cop Execution, Again

In the early morning hours of November 25, a squad of New York City police surrounded a car of three unarmed black and Latino men, and unleashed a hail of bullets: 50 shots in total. The killer cops murdered the driver, 23-year-old Sean Bell, on the day he was to marry his fiancée and the mother of the couple’s two children, Nicole Paultre. Sean’s friend Joseph Guzman, 31, was critically wounded by eleven bullets, while another friend in the car, Trent Benefield, 23, was hit three times. Even though neither had done or were charged with anything, both were shackled to their hospital beds until protesters forced the police to remove the handcuffs, and they are still hospitalized.
Meanwhile, the police are on a rampage, terrorizing the Queens community with a racist dragnet arresting witnesses."

http://www.internationalist.org/bellcopexecut...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Ipswich Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jaffrey residents shocked by anti-Islam sign NEW 20 hr WeeWilly 2
News Selectmen arrested for DWI, won't seek relectio... (Mar '10) May 24 queenangellica 12
News Community service ordered in arson case Apr '17 Sj Wood 1
News Scout's work makes neighborhood safer (Oct '16) Mar '17 Militarywife 4
looking for info on the Depot Restaurant (Nov '08) Mar '17 Bill smith 2
Do you recommend it? Mar '17 Militarywife 1
11/1/2016 accident (Nov '16) Nov '16 creedman 1

New Ipswich Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Ipswich Mortgages