Lt. Gov. Mitch Landrieu certifies 11 ...

Lt. Gov. Mitch Landrieu certifies 11 Louisiana communities as retirement havens

There are 2 comments on the NOLA.com story from Jul 10, 2008, titled Lt. Gov. Mitch Landrieu certifies 11 Louisiana communities as retirement havens. In it, NOLA.com reports that:

Lt. Gov. Mitch Landrieu today designated 11 communities across Louisiana as certified retirement communities and pledged to assist them in their efforts to attract individuals who are 55 years of age or older.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NOLA.com.

Robie Irwin-Casanova

Gonzales, LA

#1 Jul 11, 2008
What gives him the exprience to accomplish this task. He is like his sister always looking for attention any way that he can get it.
b richards

United States

#2 Sep 18, 2008
You should look at Mississippi. The certified retirement community efforts are light years ahead of ours...

Madison, MS, for example, makes all cities on the list look stone age. I lived in Bastrop, LA where we have a group of "main street clean up" want to bees that remind you of the movie "Hot Fuzz".

The are missing the boat when it comes to what it takes to attract retirees.

Mayor Hawkins is as lost as a goose and worth less than two dead flies with their wings pulled off.

Gov Blanco was on point when she started the Certified Retirement Community efforts... I don't know if Mitch is committed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Iberia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Would the citizens of Abbeville be interested i... Sep 1 U ahole 3
Dynamic in New Iberia Aug 20 TxGuy 2
Allison Suire (A.K.A. - Allison Harman) From Erath (Nov '11) Aug 16 Brandon 9
Town clerk (Oct '14) Jul '15 Amanda 2
Troy Noel Jul '15 Amanda 5
Debate: Gay Marriage - New Iberia, LA (Jul '10) Jun '15 Dont_feed_the_trolls 14
News Dog dies in fire two days after alerting family... May '15 Anna K 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Iberia Mortgages