Dozier parent

Abbeville, LA

#1 Mar 21, 2014
Dozier fourth grade teachers: regarding science, social studies, and math: one teacher with hard study guide and test and one teacher with super easy study guides and test! One teacher made them learn multiplication facts (the same one with the hard study guides) and one did not make them learn them! Anyone else having this problem??
Dozier parent

Abbeville, LA

#2 Mar 24, 2014
I was wondering why no one commented and than I realized I did not mention names. The initials are LP since I don't like mentioning names on here. She must think those kids are scholars! I have two kids with two different study guides. Another one from LPs class came home today on American Histiry. Looking at these questions you would swear these kids are taking a high schoo histiry class! In comparison to the other class the study guides in LPs class are too detailed and ridiculous. Any comments??
maybe

Lafayette, LA

#3 Mar 24, 2014
Maybe the teacher that pushes harder is the better teacher????
maybe

Lafayette, LA

#4 Mar 24, 2014
If you expect less, that's exactly what you will get.
Paul

Lafayette, LA

#5 Mar 25, 2014
maybe wrote:
If you expect less, that's exactly what you will get.
Thanks you for posting that. Her child must be slow. Why else even go into all that detail. It's called BEING CHALLENGED.
If you still stuggle with this, have your child transferred to the easy teacher. You will see great results in about 8-9 years when your child can't even get a job at a car wash.
I am a mom

Ponchatoula, LA

#6 Mar 26, 2014
I have a 4th grader at Dozier but mine is in the other class. I would think that you would know that this is something that happens in all grades & schools, by now. It all depends on the teacher. I wouldn't call the other teacher easy either. But really, you should just be happy that most of the teachers at Dozier truly care about the children & their futures. I do agree with the other comments, you want your child to be challenged. It only helps them in the long run.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Iberia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jeremy DeAngelo (Aug '13) Wed Funny 15
cheating secrets (Feb '12) Nov 25 hottntexas1 3
Grand jury indicts 14 for alleged meth ring Nov 20 USS LIBERTY 1
anal sex Nov 19 BJR14 2
Go fund me scam suspect- Abbeville woman arrested Nov 19 BJR14 2
Go fund me scam Nov 19 Wrong info 5
ULM PIKEs save man from burning vehicle (May '14) Nov 11 Bigt 2
New Iberia Dating
Find my Match

New Iberia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

New Iberia News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in New Iberia

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:29 am PST

Bleacher Report11:29AM
Texans' Clowney Has 'A Lot of Pain' in Knee
Bleacher Report 8:38 PM
Most Crucial Matchups in Steelers' Contest vs. Saints
Bleacher Report 9:04 PM
Is SF's Season over After Thanksgiving Loss?
NBC Sports 6:05 AM
Jadeveon Clowney calls chances of playing this week "slim"
Bleacher Report 6:18 AM
Complete Steelers Preview for Saints Game