After being thrown from motorcycle, man killed when run over by car and 18-wheeler

Dec 2, 2011 Read more: The Daily Advertiser 16

A 23-year-old New Iberia man was killed early Friday morning when he lost control of his motorcycle and was then run over by a car and an 18-wheeler. Louisiana State Police Troop I investigated the three-vehicle fatal crash on La.

Read more
hankyskank

New Iberia, LA

#1 Dec 2, 2011
i feel for that henderson dude.
backhome

United States

#2 Dec 4, 2011
its sad when the morgan cane turck is in the paper for hitting this man when it was the domingues farm cane truck that hit him first then left the seen as per his boss. i guess this is politic at work. the family need to look into this.
good boy

Abbeville, LA

#3 Dec 4, 2011
backhome wrote:
its sad when the morgan cane turck is in the paper for hitting this man when it was the domingues farm cane truck that hit him first then left the seen as per his boss. i guess this is politic at work. the family need to look into this.
do you know the whole story if you did then you would shut up A/Hole
mysterymix

Abbeville, LA

#4 Dec 4, 2011
Actually, no matter how you spin it, its a sad story.
Alcohol and motorcycles do not mix well. Motorcycle driver completely at fault.
The family isn't going to look at anything. They are already aware of why this happened.
mysterymix

Abbeville, LA

#5 Dec 4, 2011
The Schaubert family has a long history of family members dying at a young age due to tragic circumstances. Remember the young man from N.I. shot in the french quarter earlier this year? it was his first cousin.
who dat

Maurice, LA

#6 Dec 5, 2011
I used to work with a Joey Shaubert. Where they related?
mysterymix

Abbeville, LA

#7 Dec 5, 2011
who dat wrote:
I used to work with a Joey Shaubert. Where they related?
There is only one family of Shauberts in The New Iberia area. They are all related.
Spell check

United States

#8 Dec 5, 2011
Brea was a good kid. I've worked with him for years and he made a bad decision that cost him his life. Wish he was still here
backhome

United States

#9 Dec 6, 2011
good boy believe me i know. when it was said the domingue first truck struck him not killing him second domingue truck swerved and miss him hearing him hollaring. neither stoped. thats when the auto struck him. it was later the morgan trucked stoped at the accident. the true story will come out for the family.
Lemonjello

Abbeville, LA

#10 Dec 6, 2011
"Missed him hearing him hollering" ? hard to believe you'd hear him over a noisy cane truck. On top of that, you don't just swerve a loaded cane truck. You'd flip it.
2. Its amazing that you could recognize a Domingue truck in the pitch dark. Forty cane trucks pass on that road every morning at that time.
Brea was a wreckless individual. Just like his cousin who committed suicide in the French Quarter earlier this year.
(When you pull out a pistol on the cops for no other reason than you are mad they threw you out of the bar. Thats called suicide.)
I am sorry for the family's loss. Its a sad story. But this accident was 100 percent Brea's fault. For the family to keep alive an argument that it was somehow a mystery cane truck drivers fault that this man is dead, will only serve to bring out all the dark details of Brea's substance abuse.
MrsCuldesac

Santa Barbara, CA

#11 Dec 6, 2011
This is such a tragedy. And no matter what cane truck, how it happened, its a Life that was lost. A human being. Im sure all that were at the scene r dealing with emotions. Pray for them instead of pointing the finger. Really sad.
Cajun driver

United States

#12 Dec 6, 2011
Its the domingue truck drivers who are saying the new international struck the man and not the morgan truck and no you dont flip a truck just by swerving im a truck driver and i know and no at that time only 2 companies of cane trucks passed that day . I know i passed going the opposite way that morning. Its sad there blaming an innocent man ( willie morgan) hope everything comes up (shame on you harold you know why)
Cajun driver

United States

#13 Dec 6, 2011
Oh one more thing both domingue drivers stoped on the side of the road, saw the man alive and left by bosses orders
MrsCuldesac

Santa Barbara, CA

#14 Dec 6, 2011
Well, what ever really happened remember God knows everything. Thats why this world is the way it is, Its about Giving, Caring! If someone is on the road in an accdent boss or no boss I would stop to help. But, none of my business, all you can do is pray
backhome

United States

#15 Dec 6, 2011
thanks cajun driver for backing my story. its terrible a young man life was lost gods way. it deffently could of been saved. someday that boss will have to answer to a higher power. no matter if he is a elected official. (P.J)
Lemonjello

Abbeville, LA

#16 Dec 6, 2011
Cajun driver wrote:
Its the domingue truck drivers who are saying the new international struck the man and not the morgan truck and no you dont flip a truck just by swerving im a truck driver and i know and no at that time only 2 companies of cane trucks passed that day . I know i passed going the opposite way that morning. Its sad there blaming an innocent man ( willie morgan) hope everything comes up (shame on you harold you know why)
A loaded cane truck is top heavy, and it will flip easier than a normal load. I've seen em flip on a sharp curve.
And nobody is blaming Willie Morgan for the accident.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Iberia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vermilion Parish Police Jury 13 hr well... 1
shane vincent Apr 18 Lil P 11
chantel leblanc (Oct '11) Apr 11 born2listen 13
Review: Dock Of The Bay Apr 4 Kikimorris 3
Debate: Marijuana - New Iberia, LA (Aug '10) Apr 2 Cbr 4
News Trinity Catholic School falling short of enroll... Mar 25 fedupwiththemess 1
Looking Mar '15 Kikimorris 1
More from around the web

New Iberia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]