Police: Man threatened to blow up clinics

Full story: Newsday

A Floral Park man was arrested Monday for making terroristic threats after he telephoned two medical clinics and threatened to blow up their buildings, the Nassau police said.
Comments
1 - 20 of 43 Comments Last updated Jan 6, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Bangkok Bill

Bangkok, Thailand

#1 Jun 26, 2007
You never run out of nuts do you?
Dan

Bellmore, NY

#2 Jun 26, 2007
I'm no English major, but I consider myself fairly well spoken...but is "terroristic" an actual word?
Barry Fleckmann

Toms River, NJ

#4 Jun 26, 2007
crack pipe wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. It's an adjective.
Hey, "crack," how are you, today? Man, there's no telling WHERE you might turn up on these boards! Hey, IF I were Paris Hilton (I'm NOT, obviously!), I'd have to ask you, WHAT'S an "adjective?"
Observer

North Brunswick, NJ

#5 Jun 26, 2007
He's a nut case. Lock him up!
Frank

New York, NY

#7 Jun 26, 2007
Another "brilliant" Italian man to make the rest of us feel so proud. Thanks for setting us back 4 generations.
ccc

Bronx, NY

#8 Jun 26, 2007
sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you dont.
IN THE KNOW

AOL

#10 Jun 26, 2007
Hmmmmm...
I know something about this clinic, that might have triggered the treats. This clinic is notorious for dispensing LARGE prescriptions for narcotics such as Vicodin, Percocet,Oxycodin & Methadone. There is a pharmacy in East Meadow that fills their prescriptions without question- I am talking about someone walking out with over 800 pills at a time. Of course, these pills are sold on the street.
This clinic, and in particuliar their physicians assistant, has made many an addict. And been responsible for many overdoses.
billy d

United States

#12 Jun 26, 2007
Thanks to the muslims! Americans can no longer make idle threats to blow something up. We might get taken literaly.
TODD SCHUSTER

New York, NY

#14 Jun 26, 2007
ANOTHER HOT HEADED GUIDO TROUBLEMAKER. SEND THIS DAGO TO AFGHANISTAN WHERE THEY CAN BLOW HIS ASS UP.
Dan

Bellmore, NY

#15 Jun 26, 2007
crack pipe wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. It's an adjective.
Ah..I stand corrected thank you
Frank

New York, NY

#17 Jun 26, 2007
TODD SCHUSTER wrote:
ANOTHER HOT HEADED GUIDO TROUBLEMAKER. SEND THIS DAGO TO AFGHANISTAN WHERE THEY CAN BLOW HIS ASS UP.
My guess is that the guy is 5'6", nearly 300lbs, wears a wife beater most of the time while trying to play it off that he's muscular and not fat, has a mustache which usually has crumbs in it while food stains grace the front of his shirt, hairy shoulders, could never ever ever meet or date a woman his own age, drives a big SUV, has a vicious breed of a dog, and has an infatuation with disliking men who are in good shape. All of this goes hand-in-hand with them beating their girlfriend/wife.
Observer

Pleasanton, CA

#20 Jun 26, 2007
IN THE KNOW wrote:
Hmmmmm...
I know something about this clinic, that might have triggered the treats. This clinic is notorious for dispensing LARGE prescriptions for narcotics such as Vicodin, Percocet,Oxycodin & Methadone. There is a pharmacy in East Meadow that fills their prescriptions without question- I am talking about someone walking out with over 800 pills at a time. Of course, these pills are sold on the street.
This clinic, and in particuliar their physicians assistant, has made many an addict. And been responsible for many overdoses.
One question for you: If you've known this for a fact, why haven't you reported it to the police? Or have you been a party to it? The scourge of drugs and what they are doing to this country are EVERYONE's business!

“Kneel before Zod”

Since: Apr 07

NY

#21 Jun 26, 2007
billy d wrote:
Thanks to the muslims! Americans can no longer make idle threats to blow something up. We might get taken literaly.
Yea right?
Huge G Rection

Kearny, NJ

#22 Jun 26, 2007
what is not reported is that the phone number to the clinic is one digit off from the number of this dude's Mother-in-Law, and is also only two digits off of the phone number of the White House.

Not sure about the Mother-in-Law, but no one would complain if he blew up the White House, at least not when the main tenant is home.
just me

Stamford, CT

#24 Jun 26, 2007
Another jackass wasting everyones time.
FROMTH CRADLE THEGRAVE

Lodi, NJ

#25 Jun 26, 2007
billy d wrote:
THIS IS REALLY A CAUCASIAN BOARD, BUT I FEEL THE NEED TO SEGREGATE. HOW DO YOU KNOW IF IT WAS AN IDLE THREAT OR NOT? WITH ALL THE NUTS IN THE WORLD IT'S BETTER TO BE SAFE.BILL D
Pete

Monroe, NY

#26 Jun 26, 2007
The Church Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Barry, are you kidding an adjestive is what you do when you give someone advice...everybody know that, geese!
I thought it was something you have before dinner to get you into the mood for eating.
billy d

United States

#27 Jun 26, 2007
I don't know if it was an idle threat. Did he mention allah, when he made the threat? Did he have materials to carry out the threat? Some people say I'm not worth the gunpowder it would take to blow me up. I always assume those are idle threats.
FROMTH CRADLE THEGRAVE wrote:
<quoted text>
THIS IS REALLY A CAUCASIAN BOARD, BUT I FEEL THE NEED TO SEGREGATE. HOW DO YOU KNOW IF IT WAS AN IDLE THREAT OR NOT? WITH ALL THE NUTS IN THE WORLD IT'S BETTER TO BE SAFE.BILL D
KAREN

AOL

#28 Jun 26, 2007
I am happy that this perp was quickly apprehended. I am familiar with this practice, the physicians and staff, who do their utmost to assist each and every patient. This miscreant should spend many year behind bars for endangering innocent people and planting fear in the hearts of so many. I would also like to thank the Nassau County PD for their excellent work.
jennifer

New York, NY

#29 Jun 26, 2007
TO WHO THIS MAY CONSUME: THE EDITOR OF THIS ARTICLE !:
this is outragorus this is a "family guy" he loves his kids and will never hurt anyone in this planet ! this article is hurtful to many accounts of many that may include are :
1. YOU CANNOT PUT SOMEONES ADDRESS WHICH IS VERY BAD FOR HIS WIFE AND MANY OF OTHER PEOPLE WHICH LIVE IN HIS HOUSE .
2.NOT NLY THAT MANY OF PEOPLE WHO READ THIS PAPER AND LIVE IN FLORAL PARK ,NY , THESE PEOPLE WHO LOVE THEIR FAMILIES AND THE KIDS WHO WOULD DO ANYTHING FOR THAT OF THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE FOR THEIR CHILDREN ,

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO DO THIS , THIS IS MY BROTHER , THE ONE WHO LOVES ME HE IS THE OLDER PERSON WHO IS ALWAYS BE THEIR FOR ME PLEASE DOANYTHING , IN THE FEATURE IF THEIR IS ANOTHER ARTICLE IN THIS PAPER OR ANYOTHER PAPER FOR LONG ISLAD NEWS I WILL TAKE THIS TO THE NEXT LEVEL MEANING 7 ON YOUR SIDE !

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Hyde Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 3 hr Pugs 16,780
What do you think of Judge Woodard, Nassau Supr... 4 hr Concerned Citizen 1
Review: Law Office of Tzvi Y. Hagler, P.C. (Dec '13) 8 hr RoyBannen 3
custom bakers (Apr '08) 19 hr Paul K 89
Free Universal Pre-K program at Salvation Army! 21 hr jonathanww 1
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Wed Vote Zornow 6,408
Cops: Baldwin man held in 911 fireworks calls (Aug '13) Wed Hiphop7 4
•••

New Hyde Park News Video

•••
•••

New Hyde Park Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

New Hyde Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE