Suspect Shot Dead by L.I. Cops

Suspect Shot Dead by L.I. Cops

There are 27 comments on the WINS-AM New York story from Oct 9, 2009, titled Suspect Shot Dead by L.I. Cops. In it, WINS-AM New York reports that:

Mona Rivera Reports Photo Gallery: L.I. Stop and Shop Shooting Frank Hernandez , 26, of New Hyde Park, was seen by witnesses at about 10:50 p.m. Thursday forcing the woman into her vehicle as she left a Stop & Shop supermarket, said Detective Sgt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WINS-AM New York.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
tacten

Hempstead, NY

#22 Oct 12, 2009
Asha222 wrote:
It is always easier to quickly judge someone's actions, especially when they are based on "facts" that are reported by law enforcement. We, as a community, trust that police officers have our best interest at heart and will protect us no matter what. However, there are many instances that they are in the wrong and as a band they always stick together. I did not know this person, and by no means condone these types of actions, but as proven many times, you can't always believe what you are told. No matter what, this person was someone's son, brother, nephew, cousin, etc. A person can be judged by their actions, but when the family is attacked, that is what I do not agree with. Everyone has skeletons and if it was true, then he didn't think how this would affect his family. The public doesn't have to condone his actions, but need to keep their opinions on what they believe, because in the end, the ones that are hurting now is the family, not him. AND as many of you will comment on my opinion, instead of judging me, keep it moving. Only when you can walk in someone else's shoes, can you really judge.
Exactly, so don't judge the police based on what you hear on the news and newspapers. They aren't there to say, hey the cop did a good job. He saved a womans life. NO, they are there to pick at everything he might have done wrong. There is wrong everywhere in the world, unfortunately. But how are we ever going to move forward and grow if we dont start believing, changing and understanding. He was a great man to his family and friends i'm sure but in the end he did something terribly wrong, which now everyone else has to live with.
CJG

North Brunswick, NJ

#23 Oct 13, 2009
Where is all the evidence? lets not judge and possibly ruin a persons name with out hardcore proof. The police still have not released any video recordings from stop and shop or their cruisers. Also, how about DNA to link this or any other crimes to him. Until the evidence is fully released I cant pass judgement. My thoughts and prayers go out to both families.
none

Concord, CA

#24 Oct 15, 2009
You reap what you sow.
PHIL

Flushing, NY

#25 Nov 3, 2009
saying time to die to the police = you will die. nice grouping.
Friend

Brooklyn, NY

#26 Jun 2, 2011
I used to date Frankie's brother. All you guys that agree with the police and say they were justified are completely wrong. First off, none of you know Frankie. All of you that think everything the family is saying is bull..you guys are so narrow minded. Frankie was an awesome guy. He was sweet, friendly, polite. What's written in the papers about them is true. They were all in complete shock about this. Imagine one of your sweet dear friends or cousins that was nice everyday of your life - and all of a sudden you hear this about him. Wouldnt you be shocked? No one knew that Frankie was capable of anything like this. He was an amazing person and he came from a really nice family. And by the way, cops are NEVER justified in killing someone. I get that the guy was doing something wrong. They could of shot him. Injured him. They did not have to kill him. That wasn't necessary. Had they only injured him, they could of sent him to prison, or made him suffer consequences for his actions. But they did not have to take his life. Justice is never served when someone's life is taken from them. Justice is served when people must face harsh consequences for their actions. I get that what Frankie did was not right. I agree with all of you in that sense completely. But what that officer did wasn't right either. And trust me when I say that the family really was not lying. They were all shocked. SHOCKED out of their minds to have heard this. I bet if someone were to tell you the same of your brother, cousin, uncle, nephew etc. you would be just as shocked and just heartbroken as they are. Have respect for everyone. Sorry to the victim with the Honda. I apologize on Frankie's behalf to you cause had he been in his right senses that night, he never would have done what he did to you. He would of done the opposite actually, probably asked you if you needed help with your bags or something. I know this sounds like crap to you all reading this, but it's not. I knew Frankie. I saw him almost everyday for a year of my life. He was a good guy. Really..
Fact of the Matter

Rosedale, NY

#27 Jun 3, 2011
Right, wrong of indifferent, the fact of the matter is that this man will never sexually assault someone ever again.
Ynwa

Massapequa, NY

#28 Dec 8, 2014
Ale wrote:
That was my best friend who got victim into this most angelic sweetest girl I've ever met in my life goes to church does extra curricular activity works and goes to school. How dare he do this to someone I knew half of my life thank god lord was watching her cause it could have gotten worse it is a tramatic experience. This not only effects her but her parents and siblings friends cousins and more. No one should ever experience this. There's NO such thing as a "sweet kind hearted guy" to perform this kind of act. Foolish for you to say. I understand he didn't have to die but it was a choice he and only him did to himself. This is what the outcome happened when u try assaulting innocent victim. Thank you to the witnesses who called and the police for saving my best friend life. Thank you thank you.
-Maybe, just maybe, God wanted all those who helped her to be there at that very moment in time. Maybe it was something more than that, maybe less. We will never really know. Just let your friend know that she can go on living a peaceful life free of ever thinking about this sick man who did those terrible things to her. I wish her nothing but the best and happiness in her life. She deserves it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Hyde Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Franklin Square (Jun '15) Fri rachel 62
Review: Floral Park Dental Care - Michael Lang DDS (Sep '09) Oct 19 Fran 39
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Bayside (Dec '13) Oct 18 Katie H 68
Queens Village Music Thread (May '12) Oct 17 Musikologist 22
News Queens pervert busted again (Jul '08) Oct 15 the man 2
News Gottis are Goin' Down Da Tubes (Jun '08) Oct 14 DAVID27 38
News Ex-cop held in assault case (May '07) May '17 Gal Pal 35

New Hyde Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance