Suspect Shot Dead by L.I. Cops

Suspect Shot Dead by L.I. Cops

There are 27 comments on the WINS-AM New York story from Oct 9, 2009, titled Suspect Shot Dead by L.I. Cops. In it, WINS-AM New York reports that:

Mona Rivera Reports Photo Gallery: L.I. Stop and Shop Shooting Frank Hernandez , 26, of New Hyde Park, was seen by witnesses at about 10:50 p.m. Thursday forcing the woman into her vehicle as she left a Stop & Shop supermarket, said Detective Sgt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WINS-AM New York.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bubba

Glen Oaks, NY

#1 Oct 9, 2009
the wittness was my child. very proud
caps

Westbury, NY

#3 Oct 10, 2009
i knew Frankie a very long time. hard to believe this happened. our thoughts and prayers to the victim and their family. RIP Frank
Mister e

United States

#4 Oct 10, 2009
I have known Frankie a long time as well, noone saw this coming I mean noone. Thoughts and prayers to the victim's family and Frank's family. They are the best family you could know, they never deserved this as well as the victim.
Shocked

Piscataway, NJ

#5 Oct 10, 2009
I knew Frankie most of my life, this is a complete shock. If this is true or not there is no reason for killing someone. The cops think its ok to immediately use their guns and then twist their stories to "justify" it, it makes me sick. My thoughts and prayers go to Frankie's family.
Cousin

AOL

#6 Oct 10, 2009
Frank was my cousin that we all loved very much...no we are not happy with everything that we're reading in the papers or watching on the news. For those who want to call him a monster thats your opinion, we as a family knew Frank he was a kind hearted person that loved his family very much. At the end of the day he's no longer with us and we're all are going to miss him very much. Thank you to everyone who are keeping us in their prayers.

RIP Frank Jr 1982-2009
sick and tired

New Suffolk, NY

#7 Oct 10, 2009
Shocked wrote:
I knew Frankie most of my life, this is a complete shock. If this is true or not there is no reason for killing someone. The cops think its ok to immediately use their guns and then twist their stories to "justify" it, it makes me sick. My thoughts and prayers go to Frankie's family.
With pants around his ankles????? The story is "twisted"??? oh come on now. What he did is disgusting, how do you justify sexually assauting a woman??
kry

Seaford, NY

#8 Oct 10, 2009
Shocked wrote:
u r ridiculous
tacten

Seaford, NY

#9 Oct 10, 2009
Shocked wrote:
There's no reason to immediately use their gun??!! You mean to tell me If you were a cop and a man who was half naked, whose car fit the description of being involved in abducting a woman told you "it was time to die!" and then wrestled with you and tried to TAKE YOUR GUN...you wouldn't shoot him??! The cop did his job. He saved that woman, his partner's life and also his own. You don't try to get a cops gun for any other reason then trying to kill him. Therefore, Immediately using his gun is justifiable. You cant twist that up. Yes, my prayers to his family and friends. But my prayers also to that woman who has to live with this for the rest of her life. And also the cop, who has to live with taking another mans life. Thats something a cop never wants to do. What that man did was sick! Not the cops actions. I am so sick of all of you who turn this around on law enforcement. Its an all around horrible and unfortunate situation. End of story.
close to home

AOL

#10 Oct 11, 2009
I couldn't agree more!
anya

Pearl River, NY

#11 Oct 11, 2009
tacten wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no reason to immediately use their gun??!! You mean to tell me If you were a cop and a man who was half naked, whose car fit the description of being involved in abducting a woman told you "it was time to die!" and then wrestled with you and tried to TAKE YOUR GUN...you wouldn't shoot him??! The cop did his job. He saved that woman, his partner's life and also his own. You don't try to get a cops gun for any other reason then trying to kill him. Therefore, Immediately using his gun is justifiable. You cant twist that up. Yes, my prayers to his family and friends. But my prayers also to that woman who has to live with this for the rest of her life. And also the cop, who has to live with taking another mans life. Thats something a cop never wants to do. What that man did was sick! Not the cops actions. I am so sick of all of you who turn this around on law enforcement. Its an all around horrible and unfortunate situation. End of story.
My thoughts exactly, tacten. Well said.
Sick and Tired

New Suffolk, NY

#12 Oct 12, 2009
sick and tired wrote:
<quoted text>
With pants around his ankles????? The story is "twisted"??? oh come on now. What he did is disgusting, how do you justify sexually assauting a woman??
Thank goodness people agree, I suppose this cousin is a man, and I wonder if he would be so apologetic if it was his daughter that was abducted and sexually abused. Statistics will show that there is no "cure" for this kind of behavior and it usually escalates over time. Read the newspaper articles, out of jail after six months and arrested for brutally raping a teenager, It disgusts me how rapists are not treated harshly enough. To look at a woman straight in her face, see how terrorized she is, let it excite you, and then rape you is sick and the act of a sociopath, no remorse and no cure. Not justified???? they'll give Madoff life because it's about money....but rape???:??
Sick and Tired

New Suffolk, NY

#13 Oct 12, 2009
bubba wrote:
Kudos to your child, a real hero. Someone who didn't walk away, someone who cares and possible saved a life or at the least a lifegul of horrible, painmful and traumatic memories and I'm sure the lives of many more future victims. It doesn't stop with one rape.
CHINA

Kunkletown, PA

#14 Oct 12, 2009
The police was justified in what they did otherwise the cop might be dead. When you are struggling with an officer for his gun and threatening him "be prepared to die" you are asking for whatever happens. He was out assaulting young women. Probably reading about himself in the paper. He was out doing something he shouldn't have wearing a ski mask, carrying a fake gun. It's sad but he brought this on himself. If he wasn't doing what he was doing the cops wouldn't been called and none of this would have happen. He paid the price for making a very "poor" choice. I am reading all the comments "he was really a nice guy" "he was so sweet". As I see it he couldn't of been such a "nice guy" or "so sweet" if he was out molesting/raping young women at gun point "a fake gun". He was caught with his pants down around his ankles. Next thing we will hear is that the cop set the whole thing up. It is what it is and that is very sad. My prayers goes out to the family. He didn't even think about what this would do to his family, seeing his picture in the paper and the "horrifying" knowledge that there son was out doing these things.
CHINA

Kunkletown, PA

#15 Oct 12, 2009
Shocked wrote:
The cop did what he had to do. There is no twisting the story he got caught for making a very poor choice. You would feel differently if it was your child.
CHINA

Kunkletown, PA

#16 Oct 12, 2009
bubba wrote:
Good for your child. Thank God she is alright. Hope this never happens again!
CHINA

Kunkletown, PA

#17 Oct 12, 2009
Cousin wrote:
Frank was my cousin that we all loved very much...no we are not happy with everything that we're reading in the papers or watching on the news. For those who want to call him a monster thats your opinion, we as a family knew Frank he was a kind hearted person that loved his family very much. At the end of the day he's no longer with us and we're all are going to miss him very much. Thank you to everyone who are keeping us in their prayers.
RIP Frank Jr 1982-2009
he wasn't all that kindhearted if he was out molesting/raping girls!
Asha222

Long Island City, NY

#18 Oct 12, 2009
It is always easier to quickly judge someone's actions, especially when they are based on "facts" that are reported by law enforcement. We, as a community, trust that police officers have our best interest at heart and will protect us no matter what. However, there are many instances that they are in the wrong and as a band they always stick together. I did not know this person, and by no means condone these types of actions, but as proven many times, you can't always believe what you are told. No matter what, this person was someone's son, brother, nephew, cousin, etc. A person can be judged by their actions, but when the family is attacked, that is what I do not agree with. Everyone has skeletons and if it was true, then he didn't think how this would affect his family. The public doesn't have to condone his actions, but need to keep their opinions on what they believe, because in the end, the ones that are hurting now is the family, not him. AND as many of you will comment on my opinion, instead of judging me, keep it moving. Only when you can walk in someone else's shoes, can you really judge.
Alexis

Holtsville, NY

#19 Oct 12, 2009
Frank worked at Iavaroni restaurant in the Lake Success Shopping Center, and sometimes delivered lunch to my office...sometimes when my female associate was in the office alone! I wonder whether Iavononi's did a background check before hiring him. I am now forced to screen all the delivery persons that enter my office!
Ale

United States

#20 Oct 12, 2009
That was my best friend who got victim into this most angelic sweetest girl I've ever met in my life goes to church does extra curricular activity works and goes to school. How dare he do this to someone I knew half of my life thank god lord was watching her cause it could have gotten worse it is a tramatic experience. This not only effects her but her parents and siblings friends cousins and more. No one should ever experience this. There's NO such thing as a "sweet kind hearted guy" to perform this kind of act. Foolish for you to say. I understand he didn't have to die but it was a choice he and only him did to himself. This is what the outcome happened when u try assaulting innocent victim. Thank you to the witnesses who called and the police for saving my best friend life. Thank you thank you.
cousin

Washingtonville, NY

#21 Oct 12, 2009
I too am a cousin of Frankies but I am also the cousin of his MOTHER FATHER AND BROTHER. These people's lives are destroyed to say the least. We as a family are devastated. What happened is nothing short of a tragedy and we are truly sorry to the victim and her family as well. People, please remember that. This goes way deeper then Frankie's actions whether true or not...remember the families who's lives will never be the same.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Hyde Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 26-year-old man drowns in Port Washington (Jul '07) 2 hr his victim 66
whatever happened to chicalinos? (Mar '07) 13 hr Timothy R Weeks 2
News See it: Queens crook sticks tongue out at guard... May 21 tru dat 1
News Racist lawyer ripped by colleagues a day after ... May 20 Just asking 6
News Catholic priest denies abusing 10-year-old (Jun '07) May 17 Petey 283
Review: iLoveKickboxing Fresh Meadows May 17 Calvin Kwok 2
News Man Shot Dead in Freeport Auto Shop (May '11) May 16 Amy Fixher 6

New Hyde Park Jobs

Personal Finance

New Hyde Park Mortgages