New Hyde Park residents fight plan at Islamic center

Sep 22, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Newsday.com

New Hyde Park residents, upset a proposed parking lot for the Hillside Islamic Center could cause traffic and decrease property values among other issues, found themselves having to defend their objections as not being anti-Muslim at a zoning appeals hearing Wednesday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
new hyde pk neighbor

New Hyde Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2010

it is so ridiculous that we r anti moslem or anti anything. We are your neighbors and merely want our streets as safe as possible. Our children play together, go to school together and so much more. It doesnt matter what would be in that propery we dont want any expansions.
mohammed the gay prophet

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2010

dont worry,we will withdraw all plans and pullout.we just wanted everyone to have a gay old time in the parking lot. (page 43 of the koran-man will love man in his bed)
his other neighbor

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2010

new hyde pk neighbor wrote:
it is so ridiculous that we r anti moslem or anti anything. We are your neighbors and merely want our streets as safe as possible. Our children play together, go to school together and so much more. It doesnt matter what would be in that propery we dont want any expansions.
Maybe if you properly learned to spell,(Muslim), and had a fair knowledge of their religion you would know this is not a simple situation. Not being anti-religious, but the whole ordeal in NYC wouldn't be objected either. Their current setup is just fine -
his other neighbor

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2010

Apologies. Read your post wrong. But do your spell check!!!
mohammed the gay prophet

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2010

his other neighbor,throw on a speedo,hop in the hot tub with me and i will give u something to spellcheck ;-)
New Hyde Park resident

Selden, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2010

his other neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if you properly learned to spell,(Muslim), and had a fair knowledge of their religion you would know this is not a simple situation. Not being anti-religious, but the whole ordeal in NYC wouldn't be objected either. Their current setup is just fine -
Why so hostile over a mis-spelled word?? Are you going to go over my spelling and grammar as well? Go right ahead. I live on the same street as the Hillside Islamic Center and I am telling YOU this is a GREAT inconvenience for all residents here. They clog up our streets for 3 months straight. They take up every single conceivable parking spot. They race down our street, they drop garbage on the curb...I ask you, would you like this?? 3 months without a break, it's not right! Knocking down a house to build a parkin lot is NOT ok in a RESIDENTIAL NEIGHBORHOOD do you understand? It's NOT about religion, they just OUT GREW the place and need to move to a more suitable location so they can accommodate their worshippers. It will be better for them too they won't have to drive around like lunatics searching for a parking spot or hiring someone to direct their cars into one!! They were here in peace, I have lived here all along..but they got too big so they need to move. Enough said. Oh, how was my spelling??? Being that's so important an issue

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

New Hyde Park News Video

•••
New Hyde Park Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

New Hyde Park Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••